Baa Baa Black Sheep

image.jpeg.846a1fe81f24e119cb6aad65cb728964.jpegRowland rolled his eyes a bit, to the point it was nearly audible through the changing room door.

Crow perhaps. But another black bird is a raven. Much less mangy. More eloquent. Stronger. Faster. Crows are scavengers. You dear.. Here... Now.. Can spread your wings further. Soar higher. Crows putter around and caw. Darling, you need to scream bloody fookin' murder.

Rowland sighed again.

Sexy? No. I'm going to make you look like a badass bitch...

spacer.pngDame Crow - Character Sheet

AC: 16 | HP: 48/48 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'| Passive Perception: 16

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +8, Will: +3

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Gunslinger Feats: Grit, Lucky

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

Dame listens and at first she's not impressed. Eloquent. Stronger. Faster. Blah blah. I'm going to to give Chaucer a piece of my mind for sending me to this...

The thought stops mid-sentence. As Rowland finishes, it's met at first with silence. "Screaming bloody murder and badass... Okay. You have my attention." She starts moving quicker to put on the first outfit. "But seriously. Mask. I'll take your pick long as it covers my face well enough." She unties the straps of her own mask, which is knotted up well by design to make sure it can't fall off over an accidental slip or bump. As the mask comes off she truly feels exposed. "Please." The last word comes out soft, at least as soft as her raspy voice can muster.

It's the first time for a long time she feels like all the fire and spit has left her, even if it's only for this brief moment. The knowledge that this tailor of all people could very well just peak his head in and see her face leaves her feeling like a prey cornered, and not the kind the fights back but instead just stays still and hopes the danger passes.

OOC

Movement: -

Action: -

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.846a1fe81f24e119cb6aad65cb728964.jpegThere was a momentarily silence that hung in the air.

Rowland's tone changed for a brief moment as the mask had come off and Dame's soft 'please' crept from her lips.

You are safe here. No prying eyes can see you.

After another moment, a box would slide under the opening at the bottom of the changing room door. There was no effort to take the mask from her or open the door.

Now, look through those. I believe there should be more than one or two that will go well with what I have provided you

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

Dame pauses as Rowland also changes his tone. "Thank you." The words hold a little more strength to them, the moment of vulnerability already passing. As she opens the box, she focuses on what's in front of her. "This one's dumb. Eh, not my style. Oh... that's nice. Oh... this one's even better." She looks over to her old mask with the smallest bit of nostalgia. "Sorry Masky, I'm really glad I found you in that junkyard and could get the onion smell off you, but... might be time to move on." Whether or not she actually always called her mask 'Masky' or if she's just personifying it now that she may be getting rid of it's unclear. The story about the junkyard and original onion smell... likely not an exaggeration.

She quickly puts the rest of the getup on, and steps out. "All right, so how's this? Less of trainwreck? Do I have permission to walk the city streets, strike fear into the wicked, and all that?" The edge is back. The way she tries to pose at first glance looks half-assed. It's closer to just shifting from one foot than the other, of moving her arms into a few 'shooting' positions, and that's about it. However, it's pretty clear it's because modelling is just not something she's done, but she's still having fun with the moment. She's starting to like the idea of a new outfit.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.846a1fe81f24e119cb6aad65cb728964.jpegVery fetch. Much better.

Rowland did the best to hide the grimace as she awkwardly posed.

Just... stick with shooting the targets. Not walking the catwalk.

Rowland gave a dismissive wave of his hand at her.

Now get out of my shop before I change my mind with you... Getalong now.

Rowland smiled.

..and remember.. "Bloody Murder"

There was a pause.

Oh, and do take the towel back with you....

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

Dame takes the towel and gives a very casual salute. "You're all right, Rowland. Will recommend you to the other new gals." She does also grab the old mask, more to have just in case, and also because she can only assume Rowland might not want to touch it with a ten foot stick. That mask has been in some smelly alleys, sewers, and gutters, and that's just the places Dame knows it's been after someone else tossed it away.

"Bloody murder." She gives one last nod and practically skips out of the shop. "Woo! I look awesome!"

As she heads back her voice raises. "I am sober! I want to get drunk! I am sober! Wanna get drunk! New mask has a drinking hole! I want a straw! I am sober! Need to get drunk!"

For as much as she's tried to tease, harass, and just test out people's sensibilities, she's genuinely excited in the moment, and celebrating more than anything else. It's been a good day, with lots of surprises and stories to share, and most of all she's excited for being a part of something bigger and have three people she thinks she can call friends.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

As Moxi is getting up on the table and reading to lay down to expose her next she looks at Dame. "If you were being nice and wholesome you wouldn't abandon me to my fate..." Moxi whines a bit then looks at Chaucer then back at Dame. "Then again, his eyes might wander, so probably safer that way. Good luck!" Moxi lays forward putting her face through the hole in the table to help keep ones head in a stable position but also so they can breath. "You know, this surprisingly comfortable. Wonder what kind of material this is. I should invest in something like th...is...fo...rrr....zzzzzz" Moxi finds her eye's open and to the sound of. All done. "Done....Done? That was fast, I didn't even know you started.

As Moxi got up, she found out she fell asleep and was out for the past half hour as Chaucer was doing his work. "Well thank you for not poking too hard. Hmm. I should find out where to get one of those." Walking out to the hall she starts to make her way to the tavern area, halting for a moment to let someone by. Wow, sure are a lot of people with masks, is that some sort of a fashion statement I'm not aware? When the figure was speaking, Moxi tilts her head. Wait a minute..."Dame? Is that you?" She asked not sure what she was expecting her to come back looking like.

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

Edited by Seardon (see edit history)

https://i.ibb.co/BTH4bbZ/ZaerCrop.pngMadam Zaer
Cardomancer Witch -
Las Drujbas Brujitas

AC: 19 | HP: 26/26 TEMP HP: 0 | | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | SAVES:
Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

Zaer decided that she would prefer to take hot baths over cleaning in a cold river or lake any day of the week. She was making her way over to Moxie when she asked the very important question...was THAT Dame Crow?

"Well now Dame, you now fit the team aesthetic more. What next? Team uniforms? I will have to get used to the lack of feathers." She said as she absently patted her hair back.

"What do you say Mox...is there a mask in store for you?"

OOC

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

Looking over to Zaer. "OH Foxy...Hmm not sure on the mask...I mean I where goggles in the field to keep smoke and...well in that last case, blood out of my eyes. Mask could work...I'd be afraid of needing to sneeze and not being able to stop it though..." Moxi says as she goes over the pros and cons of the mask. Turning to both of Zaer and Dame she considers the wardrobe. "I could use something better suited for the field though. Don't want to ruin my good cloths and coveralls, while practical, are not very breathable."

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

"Well, I'll say that Rowland is one fierce tailor. Won't hold back, and he was far less impressed than Chaucer with my two-towel ensemble. But can't argue with the results. Like serious, I feel like I'm Reska-level hot." Dame Crow is still checking her outfit out, the sleeves, the gloves, the belts. "I mean heck, I even got a bowtie. Call me Dashing Dame Crow the Fancy Shmancy Pants. Hm... maybe too long a name."

She takes a breath, trying to ground herself a bit. "You two do what works for you. Honestly think you both look great as is, but if you want something special, guess we got ourselves a guy who can outfit us. So... paperwork? Booze? Paperwork and booze? I haven't been sober for this long in weeks, and it's leaving me a bit antsy." It hasn't been all that long since she got over the Rotgut, or perhaps she's not even counting that.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

XiomaraVitellus.png.c02778faa61a8ff9bdcd7fca0f7a89ec.pngXiomara Vitellus

AC: 18 | HP: 52/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +4, Will: +5

Passive: Perception: 15

Xiomara hears the other ladies before she can see them. Specifically, she can hear Dame squawking about how she's sober and wants to get drunk. Then...something about a new mask? She stands up and walks towards the sound of the commotion, idly wondering if this is how she'll find them in the future. The loudest people in the room. She smiles.

As she approaches the trio, she notices Dame's new getup. It's a little startling, honestly. Xi's used to seeing a creepy hooked mask and a formless mess of feathers. Now she's in something more form-fitting, but no less intimidating. In fact, it's perhaps moreso: the black void of the mask's eyes sends a chill down her spine.

"Well, what's this?" Xi asks, slowly circling Dame and taking in every detail. "I gotta say, this looks much better than the feathers. And look at you, you've got a waist." She playfully pokes Dame's side. "Looking good, girl."

She looks at the other women. "I already did my paperwork, but I'll tag along with you guys. It doesn't take too long."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

"That's right, waist for days as they say." Dame chuckles wondering if anyone has actually ever said that. "Oh, and I have to apologize. Know you had one eye on Chaucer, and you know, you've still a chance, but think he's fallen madly, desperately in love with me. I have that effect on some people. Promise I'll lower down the charm when you ask me to. And if you think the tattoo man's the treat you're craving for whenever you get hungry, I will make sure any spark he has for me's been snuffed out like a candle."

Moxi may have seen a different exchange, but Dame's going with her version. Moral victory between her and Chaucer. If she says she wins, then she's won... right?

She claps her hands together, and with the new gloves, it actually does more than before, actually getting a proper 'clap' sound.

"But seriously, speaking of looking good, where's Reska?" She smiles behind the new mask. "Say. You two don't know the story do you? Ah, it was great. So Reska's man Brett was totally talking up Xi last night. You know, one of those natural flirts who doesn't know he's doing it. Even I thought he was trying to smooth talk his way into Xi's bed. Turned out was just talking about how he left his old life behind cause Reska's just that much of a babe. Was hilarious. I really need to hear the rest of that story sometime, he hadn't even gotten to the saucy part yet."

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

XiomaraVitellus.png.c02778faa61a8ff9bdcd7fca0f7a89ec.pngXiomara Vitellus

AC: 18 | HP: 52/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +4, Will: +5

Passive: Perception: 15

Xiomara laughs at Dame's offer on Chaucer. "Something tells me everyone has a chance with Chaucer. I can appreciate a man's looks without wanting to be with him. I'm not interested in pursuing anything. It just complicates things more than they already are." She shrugs. "Do your thing, Dame. No hard feelings from me."

"As far as Brett goes..." Xi sighs heavily and rolls her eyes. "Some stories are only long because of the person telling it. Maybe he was just too deep into his cups, but yeah - feel free to ask him for the rest of the story. Just make sure you've got a whole bottle of somethin' tasty because you'll be there for a while." Her lips twist in a wry smile. "Reska might not have liked how I handled it, but that's just something I'll have to deal with. See? More unnecessary complications. I had no interest, but he certainly seemed to. Flirting brings nothing but trouble."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Edited by jrsey (see edit history)

Dame listens to Xi. Complicates things? How are things complicated?

Oh... Xi also has some stuff going on in her life? Of course she does. No wonder we took to each other.

But she clearly didn't hear me. I have my one and only already... oh... right... probably thinks I'm BSing because I always BS. Huh, maybe there's a lesson to be learned there. Or not.

As Xiomara describes things with Reska. Dame gives a single nod of approval. "Exactly. I may have never gotten to learn what pachyderm rotgut was let alone get to taste it. Some great trouble there." She glances around. "But seriously, I promise to watch everyone's backs. Fun is fun. Work is work. And if we can make work fun, all the better, but only when the job allows. Today was just a lucky day for both."

She does try to assuage any doubts the others could have, perhaps projecting a bit of her own uncertainties.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

image.png.dd78918694177d79af8535b04ca17c53.pngReska would make her way up to the group as they were talking. She paused and looked Dame up and down for a moment.

Looks, like someone found Rowland already. Gotta say, thats a nice improvement from the old getup'. Looks like ya'll settlin' just fine.

She was carrying a notepad again and turned her attention to the group as a whole.

And we already got a job lined up for you four. Don't feel rushed. Dont need to pack up anything tonight. Still got tonight to get yourselves all put together and what not. Have a little fun. Earned the chance to celebrate and all. But just got a request from the guild branch over yonder in Freebourne. Got some pirate issues that are lookin' to need some outside assistance on. You ladies ever been to the beach before?

She smirked a bit with her feline features.