Interlude

Zen Gypsy

A place for out of character chatter, clarifications and questions, directly related to the story.

The main story thread is now open, and you may respond, however, given the narrative structure I took with our opening scenes, feel free to retroactively respond to the scene, the questions, or the NPC encountered in your intro. I tried to tie each player to a relevant plot thread, NPC, and give you each some fitting locations within the city.

I am going to assume that, given every player is a native of Korvosa, you can all determine where 3 Lancet street is. Should you wish to know more about the area, you would need either Society, Lore (Korvosa), Lore (Varisian), Lore (Fortune Telling) to know more specifics.

Any questions, feel free to ask them here or on discord. I, for one, am excited to start!

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)

Not the way I wanted to start, I was doing some behind the scenes stuff, but the Private Text feature doesn't seem to be functioning properly, as Keante can't see text I flag as Private for them. Therefore, for your own enjoyment, until the scenario merges, I would avoid reading (in depth) any posts I flag for Keante.

Sorry gang, my technical prowess stalls us out ... here we go again!

Couple things. Assume as if you are all guided by fate, and arrive at Lancet Street in post order. Except Lira, she'll be the 1st one there. Secondly, Caltrix asked for a point of reference, according to our Map, 3 Lancet street is located at H15, ie. Westdock, just N-W of Highbridge.

I believe there may have been some confusion, please assume you arrive at the location in the order *you* post, not the order in which I posted the introductory vignettes. Except Lira, that one is an oddball.

^ Sorry. I started things off poorly. I thought we could Player post as we wanted or had leisure, but that our Characters arrived in order of the Harrow Card vignettes. I've edited my first post to reflect GM's intentions.

Btw, our GM's choice of the word "Interlude" is bringing memories of Steven King's IT. Derry: the First Interlude etc. Perhaps the scariest novel I've read (though, to be fair, I don't read much horror fiction).

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

Carthen is a bit of a jerk right now. If at any time it becomes annoying or too much let me know. I care more about the group having fun then playing a asshole character. He won't always be an asshole though, I swear.

it was the halfling announcing themselves loudly as Caltrix, some kind of locksmith.

Loudly.

My bad: I realize that I used all caps in writing "the LOCKSMITH" in my last Caltrix post. I was thinking of emphasis or stress as an In-Character clue to the corresponding Harrow Card; and, I normally use bold+italic to indicate spoken dialogue so those formats were not options. I failed to consider that all-caps is sometimes taken as 'shouting.' Sorry.

No, heh, you took that the wrong way. I didn't take you writing it in caps as speaking loudly. You are all good. It is no worries. For some reason I thought I had read loudly in your description but I see now it is not there. Lol.

Edited by Whitehart09 (see edit history)

As an FYI I made a cluster of things, I tried to highlight certain story elements, but in so doing have isolated Lira, Keante's character, as such the next narrative will clear the scene and move us forward. If this feels a little heavy handed, it is, and that's on me, but I just want us to move past the intro and into the crux of the adventure without dragging this out.

My apologies ...

I thought it might be helpful to have a list of intended 1st Round (Seek Lamm) Tasks here on the Board. One Player isn't on Discord, so perhaps a summary in one place here would be of use.

I can edit this as needed, but based on the recent Discord exchanges it seems we have:

• Valerica: Surveillance #7
  • Caltrix: Shadowing #4
  • Aquila: Birds-Eye-View #1
  • Carthen: Shakedown (?) #5
  • Lira: Intuition #3
  • Ihren: Gather Information #2
  • Ionacu: Streetwise #6

@Zen Gypsy If we paired up, could we accomplish two tasks in the 2 hour period? If, just as an example, Ihren and Caltrix were to pair up to take advantage of Performance and Acrobatic skills, could they carry out the Shadowing & Gather Information tasks concurrently?

Planning, can, and should take place IC on the forums. Discord can be used for chatter or quick feed back, but I'd assume folks are making plans, preparations, and that should be done in character.

Once you begin you should make a post stating what you're doing narratively, but regardless of your actions each player may only take one action per phase, or round of posting. All actions take place concurrently but you can pair up to be in proximity to a partner, or buddy system, in the event that your plan goes south.

2 minutes ago, Zen Gypsy said:

in the event that your plan goes south.

What, with my luck and the Dice Roller? Surely not. 🤕