Out of character

I have a question about Theo's power - in particular, prophecy. I assume that the prophecies are things that will happen without intervention from the playable characters? Not that they will happen no matter what the PCs do or that there's a chance that they might not happen even if the PCs don't do anything about it?

So, they can stop prophecies from coming true?

Are they maybe required to make prophecies come true as well?

Theo's abilities are from Nostradamus, expressed in newspaper articles. Nostradamus' prophecies are often vague.

So, I would like to believe that his prophecies are not set in stone & can be avoided.

But again, MC ruling takes priority

Edited by LuckiDays (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Feirgon said:

Hmmmm, I think Night Hood will want to impose a bleeding-cut effect. Or a beheaded effect...

She will secure a superior position. I'll add either some acrobatic flourish or overwhelming effect to my next IC post.

And finally she will control collateral damage as she does not want to hurt the person on the ground.

He's still alive but in a pretty bad state. Since you covered Maria with an invisible fire, you think something like "seared throat" would fit?

@raschlain @LuckiDays yeah I would say prophecies can be avoided or even be plain wrong at times.

Edit: Ooh Dynamite!

Edited by Samanos (see edit history)

A couple questions before my next post:

Does my superior position give me a usable tag for my next action?

If I am rolling for a different action, can I reuse tags?

What is the limitation when taking the same action with regards to tags?

Is there a tag limit or dice roll bonus limit?

---

I plan on using Face Danger to avoid any responses to my character's, ahem, actions. So, I would like to see what my narrative options are.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Feirgon said:

A couple questions before my next post:

Does my superior position give me a usable tag for my next action?

If I am rolling for a different action, can I reuse tags?

What is the limitation when taking the same action with regards to tags?

Is there a tag limit or dice roll bonus limit?

---

I plan on using Face Danger to avoid any responses to my character's, ahem, actions. So, I would like to see what my narrative options are.

- The superior position protected you from taking a status, if you hadn't picked that, I would have called for a face danger to defend against a hit from one of the other guys. However, it does not give you a tag.

- You can use the same tags if its a different action. Note, action not move. The rulebook is a bit vague here, but essentially you cannot do the same thing, the same way until circumstances change somehow. Invoking the exact same tags twice is not allowed. But you can invoke the exact same tags and add a new one, or invoke just some of them. As long as the tags are not exactly the same each time, it's allowed.

Face Danger is the only exception. You can do the same tags over and over.

In this specific case: You're fighting a collective. You can either target the group or target individuals. I would rule that you can repeat moves with the same tags if your targets are different each time. Keep in mind, attacking everyone at once (or more than one person) would reduce the status you inflict by 1 due to its size factor, in addition to any other statuses they have.

- There aren't any limits on dice bonuses or tags.

Face Danger is a defensive move, it triggers when you are about to take a status. If you want to create some advantage, it would either be Change the Game (create tags etc) or Take the Risk (Perform a risky feat).

For combat you use Go Toe to Toe or Hit with All You've Got. Go Toe to Toe is used when there is a contest of some sorts or when your opponent has their guard up. Hit with All You've Got is used when your opponent is exposed, or when you do one big attack.

Also Perlin has informed they need some time off, so I'll be npcing Allan untill they get back.

Edited by Samanos (see edit history)

If no one is acting soon, I would like to propose that Theo charge to the back & do the same thing as he did with the bar, except this time make them stop. Maybe scare them off with a fake news of them being arrested or pacify them with an inspiring article about a historical armistice?

On 4/19/2024 at 5:13 AM, LuckiDays said:

If no one is acting soon, I would like to propose that Theo charge to the back & do the same thing as he did with the bar, except this time make them stop. Maybe scare them off with a fake news of them being arrested or pacify them with an inspiring article about a historical armistice?

Theo can try that sure. It would have to be a prophecy, I'd say either convince or take the risk.

However I'll invoke Dark and Stormy night as the weather might make it difficult for anyone to hear you so you would roll with 1 less power.

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to be sitting out for a couple of weeks. I'm currently working on obtaining a certification that's important for advancing my career, and I unfortunately haven't had the spare time (or energy) left to do recreational things. I apologize for not being very responsive or present, especially considering this is a PBP game. Once I've taken the test and gotten the cert, I'll be able to rejoin and reply more promptly.

1 hour ago, Samanos said:

I'll wait 24 hours and post an update.

@raschlain if you need any input in regards Declan's actions let me know. The balding man is guiding people outside, what's your plan and your goal? @LuckiDays are you sticking with Theo's plan to run outside?

Yep. Do anyone else have other actions though?

Hrmm... I guess Declan can go over under the pretense of helping the bald man guide people out, keep an eye out and try to get some information from the man. He still seems to have known what was going on before anyone else (besides Theo). Do I have to run an investigation roll for it?

6 hours ago, raschlain said:

Hrmm... I guess Declan can go over under the pretense of helping the bald man guide people out, keep an eye out and try to get some information from the man. He still seems to have known what was going on before anyone else (besides Theo). Do I have to run an investigation roll for it?

Yeah that would be investigate. The balding man has Suspicious-2 but he's also affected by Theo's Need to Run-4, and I'd rule that the panic will make him less careful. So you can add +2 to your roll.

Action: Investigate

Request information about the murders from the bald man while helping direct people out of the bar

Choose Tags:

Power: Good judge of character

Name
Murders query
2d6+2 3,5