OOC Chat

That's quite a leap of tech, isn't it?
I was thinking more on the lines of ballista to cannons, crossbows to muskets, the possible introduction of steam engines, paddlewheels, possibly screw propellers, and maybe balloons and airships at a push...

On that note, what level of technology are we starting from? Saying medieval could mean anything up to basic guns and plate armour and also ignores certain tech like aqueducts. At the same time, you have the Islamic contemporaries having seemingly anachronistic technology like a person called al-Jazari making automata.

I really appreciate the questions and help seeing where I should have filled in some more info. I just put up a new pinned post that should be a little more comprehensive about my thoughts for the game:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/17477-expectations/

The thread isn't locked, so feel free to ask any questions that arise from it over there.

My app is aiming for something vaguely Central Asian / Sasanian Persian, if that wasn't apparent already.

So pre-Islamic settled people with horse nomads on their frontier.

@Rumguzzle Thanks for asking. I added a word to the template to hopefully clear that up.

| "Assign your realm stat points to each settlement until all of your realm stat points have been assigned."

So, using your realm stats as an example:

• Martial: 2
  • Commercial: 4
  • Agricultural: 4
  • Industrial: 3
  • Artistic: 1

You have 3 industrial points to distribute between your settlements. You could give each settlement 1 point, load all 3 into a single settlement, or do 2 & 1.

@Primeval Stasis My app is ready for review. I've gone deep on a few topics, mostly related to the structure and history of the realm. I want to keep the core concept of the dynamic of being a part of the empire but on the edge of resistance due to their historic culture but am open to adjusting and changing most things to fit the campaign if needed.

6 hours ago, hakootoko said:

Cleary not all this geography will fit together. We'll have to adjust some compass directions after player selection.

Yeah I figured we'll have some ironing out to do once players are picked.

4 hours ago, ChaosCircle said:

Good luck with the game, I'll be lurking. Partially its I'm behind on a game I already promised people, partially its just I don't want to drop with how busy I am lol.

Thanks! I totally understand and appreciate the realistic expectations for your schedule. I'll probably keep the members section just for those who are actively in the game, but it looks like you followed it as well so you'll still be able to see how things are going.

4 hours ago, Rumguzzle said:

@Primeval Stasis My app is ready for review. I've gone deep on a few topics, mostly related to the structure and history of the realm. I want to keep the core concept of the dynamic of being a part of the empire but on the edge of resistance due to their historic culture but am open to adjusting and changing most things to fit the campaign if needed.

Sweet, thanks! My goal is to look over the already completed apps today, and maybe finish up my own nation.

Oooh, tentatively curious...

Something I'm wondering; are low-fantasy/sci-fi-ish races allowed, or is it an all-human world? I suspect fire-breathing, giant-flying dragons are out of the question, but what about more mundane dwarves and elves? Or neanderthals or monkey-folk, or sapient cetaceans, or even evolved-dinosaurs?

I'm torn between going into exhausting detail and not because i don't want to lore dump and then not get picked, but its super tempting.

I also assume anyone picked will probably have to make some tweaks on location and area as well as things like, titles and stuff. If everyone is a region of a kingdom then being a prince is tough, but if there are tons of dukes and grand dukes and barons and all that. If its a large empire than kings and princes makes more sense.