OOC Chat

8w_gremlin

Rules drop is out. Change log here: https://www.daggerheart.com/change-log

Haven’t dug all the way through, but looks like fewer changes overall. Advantage / Dis is back to being a d6. Threshold adjustments. Proficiency auto-scales instead of being a must-take level up option.

For our fairies, it looks like flight as a movement mode is now free, and the stress mechanic is a per-attack +2 on evasion. So no more having to worry about how flight “ends.” Which is nice, tbh. It’s narratively weird to have a winged species with universally limited flight.

Posting here since I feel like I keep doing the PBP equivalent of "no, you hang up first" in the IC thread. I think I'm good to try and move onto finding the Arcanist unless others wanted to spend more time in the tavern. I'm totally charmed by the odd Brownie-esque activity which seems to be going on there, but I think the fight on the road has Ellu nervous and wanting to get the package delivered so they can call the job done.

I don't think the pace is problematic. It's been pretty quick from what I can tell, and I'm not in a rush. I was just personally struggling with feeling like my posts were stalling us / crowding out others, so figured it was better not to clog IC when I could just post here and step back so others could interact as they wanted to.

Quick question: it looks like Breastplate armor has been removed with the 1.4 rules, though Demiplane hasn't fully removed it. The current Sorcerer sheet changes the suggested armor from Breastplate (3 Armor, -1 Agility) to Gambeson (2 Armor, +1 Evasion). Would it be okay for me to manually make that armor change on Ellu? I don't want to make changes that impact stats without checking. I just figured it would put Ellu in line with the current rules doc for testing purposes. Not a big deal if you want to keep him as-is.

Ooh! I don't know if this is new in Demiplane or if I just now noticed it, but I just saw there's a "cumulative damage" button on the header for Hit Points and Stress. If you click it, you can enter a damage amount, then tick off armor to have the sheet tell you what the damage / hit point outcome of each slot would be. As a mildly math-allergic person, that's a neat little QOL feature. :)

@jkason Yeah, I'm all good with these changes that impact characters, (it's a play test) so just keep me informed so I can feed back.
thanks

(ooh nice feature, I don't get to play with the character side much)

Sweet, thanks. And done. Mechanically it drops an armor point and adds an evasion point. I'll have his mini-stats block reflect it on the next IC post, as well. I debated using leather for a closer match to the 1.2 stats, but figure it's better from a playtest perspective to stick to the 'suggested' and see how well it plays.

1 hour ago, Dixi said:

Oh, I thought we were waiting for the reaction of the Arcanist to our group once the house was down.

Ah ok, only two of you posted and I wasn't sure about @Neopopulas 's post as that seemed to be in response to my post about the description of the house.
I was waiting for one of the others to post.

If they don't by tomorrow, I'll post.