The Haunted House IC

TheOldTraveller

"Dear Lady, I'm certain my companions and I are up for the task, however I'm afraid that we have no rogue among us talented at picking locks. And even if we did, I would be unable in good conscience to promise that there would be no damage to property within. I can promise that we would do our best to minimize any such damage, but fighting, should it come to that, carries the risk of material damage inherently.

As for the remuneration offered, I find it quite satisfactory, however I will have to confer with my comrades in arms to assure that we are in concensus on the matter,"  answers Vestas.

The cleric turns to the others, "What say ye? Or would you prefer to speak in private?"

Vestas Faircoin

One noticing the undue attention of the robed stranger, Vestas steps over to him, "Excuse me, but you sir, seem rather interested in our conversation and our plans. Have you an explanation?" he asks, firmly but without hostility.

baklunish.jpg.703b9494def9ebe481520317a6d2e476.jpg

"Greetings to you" is the answer provided to the approach of Vestas. " my name is Muad'dib" followed by a respectful nod of his head.

Then, turning to the side where the conversation is taking place continues " I was indeed caught by the matter you are discussing at the table... and, with all due respect, looks like you have enough power to defend yourselves, but you're running short on something important too: a little mouse to sneak in that dangerous spots of that place."

Edited by stonedzep (see edit history)

IMG_0231.jpeg.b84b278acd54c5b4318e31f09912eade.jpeg

Marl nods kindly through crooked toothy grin. Ya know, we could use someone who can sneak around, Marl says to Vestas. Even in my light armor, I’m not much of a skulker myself.

Vistas Faircoin

Vestas gives the newcomer a look over, and then turns to the others, "This man, Muad'dib, could have easily denied listening, but didn't. I like the honesty. I think we should include him among our number. What say the rest of you? "

Roland scrutinizes Muad'dib for a moment. "We know only that he claims skills that we lack. We don't know his character nor his motivation." Turning to look directly at Muad'dib Roland begins to question him to measure his reactions. "Why should we trust you, other than your honest answer? Would you swear an oath that while with the party you would do no harmful acts to the party nor harm anyone in the party nor steal from the party. I'll grant you a monument to decide. And present any more justification on why you should join us."

2 hours ago, wapsii said:

Roland scrutinizes Muad'dib for a moment. "We know only that he claims skills that we lack. We don't know his character nor his motivation." Turning to look directly at Muad'dib Roland begins to question him to measure his reactions. "Why should we trust you, other than your honest answer? Would you swear an oath that while with the party you would do no harmful acts to the party nor harm anyone in the party nor steal from the party. I'll grant you a monument to decide. And present any more justification on why you should join us."

baklunish.jpg.703b9494def9ebe481520317a6d2e476.jpg

"I understand your concern...honorable warrior." Muad'dib speaks his words as he scans attire and posture of his interlocutor.

" This is a world where few can be trusted, and great attention must always be put when a stranger approaches..." he leaves his stool, stands and slowly walks few steps toward the company gathered, removing the clothing he wears around his head to fully unveil his face so that can be seen by everyone.

"Nonetheless I hope you trust my words and my intention, I'm no threath. If opportunity arises to fill my pockets in some quest, I'm in. And most importantly, if I'd be joining someone in such hypotetical adventure, I can swear sincerely... I'm not harmin nor betraying whom I'm working with. I've been on the opposite side and I know how it feels"

Vistas Faircoin

"Well Roland?" begins Vestas, "I vote yes. And though Quinsea may be at his bath, I image his carefree soul to vote the same. How vote you other? Kerphi? Vanilla? Marl? What say ye all?" he asks, turning to the others while they eat.

Kerphi the Illuminated

Human Monk 2 | Stats | Languages | Spells Prepared

Kerphi swallows the last bite of fish he took, making a strained face as though he hadn't chewed it quite enough before committing. Once the discomfort passes, he says, "I empathize with Roland's caution; it is difficult to give trust on words alone at a first meeting. However, if it is the majority decision to let this man prove himself alongside us, I can certainly abide by that."

Vanilla could but look from Vestas, to Roland as the two deliberated, and then crack a smile as if to say, "Well, at least you picked the smart ones."

When comes the time for her to opine, she says to her companions, "I agree that care needs to be taken..." Then, pausing before she says anything else, she turns to face Muad'dib. "I can hear no malice in your voice or words, nor see it in your face. Well met, and well come."

"Vanilla"

spacer.png

Half-Elven Mage/Priestess of Magic

Myth-Weavers Character Sheet

Edited by SCARY WIZARD
Private Block removed (see edit history)

Qwin_pic.jpgQwinsea Windjammer
CG Human | Fighter 2 | HP 15 | AC 5 | Longsword (5/2) hit+1, dmg 1d8+3

Qwinsea returns wet from his bath with a towel around his waist, his girdle and sword sheaths hanging from his hips, and a goblet of wine in his hand. He wears a smile of satisfaction and says with all tension released from his once dirty flee infested body,"I feel soooo much better. OK, where is this woman you want me to talk to? And who is the new guy?"

OoC: Welcome new guy (@stonedzep) to the party.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

Kerphi the Illuminated

Human Monk 2 | Stats | Languages | Spells Prepared

On seeing Qwinsea return, Kerphi's eyes dart to the back room. However, feeling that this is not an ideal point in the conversation to depart for his own bath, he stays put. His hand reaches up to his neck, but he wills it back down before he can scratch.

Qwin_pic.jpgQwinsea Windjammer
CG Human | Fighter 2 | HP 15 | AC 5 | Longsword (5/2) hit+1, dmg 1d8+3

Qwinsea relaxes with his wine after the nice bath and says,"Oh ... they wash clothes too. You all should get in on that. Flees are all over us. No need to infest this fine establishment."

OoC: He is not just here almost naked because the conversation needs him, but because his clothes are also getting cleaned as well. DM, I hope you don't mind that I added that service to this establishment.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)