Adventure 3 - Tidal Tribulations

When Aurora asked her fairy friends for advice, this came through

"The black Cauldron." Fauna murmured

"oh dear..." Flora moaned "I thought I felt something wrong recently..."

Merryweather made a noise "What do you mean you felt something wrong."

"For the last couple of days the natural magic in the world seemed to be affected by something," Flora answered "I could not tell what however."

Merryweather huffed "well if someone using the black Cauldron that would explain it right."

"yes... but I think there is also something else affecting it in a different way." Flora stated "or it could be several things at different moments. In honest truth I thought the Cauldron was made inert."

Merlin exhaled "I'm afraid my good fairies that there might be several different things going on, recently things have been quite a mess and I think the Black Cauldron is one of the more critical issues at hand, Maleficent has stated she is going after it along with several other villains but this happened a couple of weeks ago so we might be a little late.

Fauna hummed "Maleficent should know that even inert the Black Cauldron is dangerous. Even one as evil as her knows not to fiddle with such items."

Merryweather hummed "what about those witches over in Morva... weren't they in charge of it."

Merlin hummed "that's what I hope to find out, I'm sending several heroes to go investigate, do you have any advice for the heroes."

Flora hummed "go prepared to deal with magic of all sorts, The Cauldron in particular was powerful source of dark magic, and the witches use magic as well.

Fauna hummed "and if they do have the Cauldron, be prepared to trade for it."

Merryweather made a noise "and if you have to fight villains don't show any mercy to them, they made their choices to do evil things."

~~~

When Moana asked Ursula about what she would trade for the Sundial...

Ursula hummed in thought "Trade..." She murmured "well I am in the market for a Black Cauldron..."

Merlin gave a look at Ursula "Ursula..."

"Just Kidding Merlin," Ursula chirped then snickered

Aurora-Briar Rose- (Eladrin) Dream Cycle Druid

eddhttps://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2887261

HP: 48/48 AC: 12(11) Intative: +1 PP: 17

Spell Slots: 1: 4/4

2: 3/3

3: 3/3

Mood: Spring.

~ ~ ~ 

Aurora grow paler as the weight of the situation is discussed.

"All of that sound like a very dire news."
The princess take a deep breath.

"If Malificent want the Black Cauldron, I must stop her from obtaining it!" she declare with determination

Mickey the Sorcerer's Apprentice -- Mouse (Lightfoot Halfling) Folk Hero SorcererMickeyv7.jpg.1716c1797c70f8627088f601a5486646.jpg

AC: 14 | HP: 24/24 | Init: +4 | Speed: 25' | Jump: 30'| Prof. Bonus: +3 | Passive Perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 9 | Passive Investigation: 11 | STR: 10 (0) | DEX: 16 (+4) | CON: 13 (+1) | INT: 13 (+1) | WIS: 8 (-1) | CHA: 17 (+3) | Subclass: Wild Magic | Sorcery Points: 7 | Spellcasting Ability: CHA | Spell Save DC: 14 | Spell Attack Bonus: +6
Buffs: None | Debuffs: None | Advantages: Fear | Inspiration: 0 | Exhaustion: 0 |

Mickey turned his head towards Princess Aurora when she spoke when she declared her intention to quest after the Black Cauldron. Then he took his hat off and, bareheaded, addressed the great magician directly, "Uh, Mr. Merlin, sir? If it's all the same to you, I'd like to go with, um, Aurora, Eilonwy and Rapunzel to Morva to get the black cauldron."

Then the young apprentice noticed that the person he was previously talking to -- Milo, wasn't it? -- was no longer there! The Mouse's jaw grew slack and he gaped, rubbing his eyes with both of his gloved hands.

Gee, wiz! That fella must've been some kind of powerful wizard or something. He just up and disappeared. Golly....

Mechanics

OOC: n/a

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Mickey's action goes here.
Bonus Action: Mickey's bonus action goes here.
Move: Mickey's movement goes here.
Manipulate: Mickey's one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)

R.jpg.2ca289fdf72caaacb64a030887b89370.jpgPrincess Merida of DunBroch - Character Sheet | Application

AC: 18 |  HP: 52/52 |  PP: 19 |  Speed: 35ft |  Spells: Lvl I 4/4 , Lvl II 2/2 | Hunter's mark 0/1 | Misty Step 1/1

The newcomers seemed all too keen on getting the cauldron, but in her mind it was a side quest. They'd started with the sundial and even the cauldron was only a means to the sundial. Then she didn't know Hades or most of these villains really, Merida just wanted adventure and she would never get another chance to go to the bottom of the sea, much less do so and be able to use her bow, or something similar. "Sooo... Are we waiting for something? I thought time was something that we didn't have to spare? If you can fix it so I can breath and shoot a bow under water, then I'm up for the challenge."

Mechanics:

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2685197]Princess Merida of Dunbroch[/url][/b] [i][ooc=Human]Wildhunt Shifter[/ooc] Ranger 6 Chaotic Good[/i] [b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 52 [b]Speed[/b] 35ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Longbow +1[/b] +10 1d8+5 [b]Rapier[/b] +7 1d8+4 [b]Shortsword(Highland Dirk)[/b] +7 1d6+4 [b][/b] [b][/b] [b]Background[/b] Folk Hero - [ooc=Rustic Hospitality]Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.[/ooc] [b]ASI & Feats[/b] +2 Dex - [ooc=Fey touched]Misty step and Hunter's Mark free to cast 1/day, and added to spell list[/ooc], [ooc=Sharpshooter]Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover. Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.[/ooc] [b]Race:[/b] Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter) - [ooc=Ability Score Increase] Your Wisdom score increases by 2, Dexterity increase by 1[/ooc], [ooc=Darkvision]You have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.[/ooc], [ooc=Natural Tracker]You have proficiency in the Survival skill.[/ooc], [ooc=Keen Senses]You have proficiency in the Perception skill.[/ooc]. [ooc=Wisping]As a bonus action, you can assume power from the will-o-wisps. Your eyes glow blue and a feint aura surrounds you as you are protected by fate. This transformation lasts for 1 minute, until you die, or until you revert to your normal appearance as a bonus action. When you shift, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). While shifted, you have advantage on Wisdom checks. Once you shift, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest[/ooc], [ooc=Mark the wisps]As a bonus action, you can mark one creature you can see within 10 feet of you. Until the end of your next long rest, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make to find the marked creature, and you always know the location of that creature if it is within 60 feet of you. You can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest.[/ooc] [b]Class:[/b] Ranger - [ooc=Favored Foe]When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d6. You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Canny]Choose one of your skill proficiencies(perception). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill. You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice[/ooc], [ooc=Roving]Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.[/ooc], [ooc=Fighting style(Archery)]You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.[/ooc], [ooc=Spellcasting]Spellcasting By the time you reach 2nd level, you have learned to use the magical essence of nature to cast spells, much as a druid does. Spell Slots The Ranger table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your ranger spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. For example, if you know the 1st-level spell Animal Friendship and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast Animal Friendship using either slot. Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the ranger spell list. The Spells Known column of the Ranger table shows when you learn more ranger spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 5th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the ranger spells you know and replace it with another spell from the ranger spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots. Spellcasting Ability Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your ranger spells, since your magic draws on your attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a ranger spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spellcasting Focus (Optional) At 2nd level, you can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your ranger spells. A druidic focus might be a sprig of mistletoe or holly, a wand or rod made of yew or another special wood, a staff drawn whole from a living tree, or an object incorporating feathers, fur, bones, and teeth from sacred animals.[/ooc], [ooc=Primal Awareness]You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Primal Awareness Spells Ranger Level Spell 3rd.... Speak with Animals 5th.... Beast Sense 9th.... Speak with Plants 13th.. Locate Creature 17th.. Commune with Nature You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Extra Attack]Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.[/ooc] [b]Subclass:[/b] Horizon Walker [ooc=Detect Portal]At 3rd level, you gain the ability to magically sense the presence of a planar portal. As an action, you detect the distance and direction to the closest planar portal within 1 mile of you. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest. See the "Planar Travel" section in chapter 2 of the Dungeon Master's Guide for examples of planar portals.[/ooc], [ooc=Planar Warrior] At 3rd level, you learn to draw on the energy of the multiverse to augment your attacks. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.[/ooc] [ooc=Stellar Blessing]While in a critical health state (below 50% HP) you may trigger stellar blessing through the following options no action required. You may use each option once per short or long rest: • If you miss with an attack roll, or miss with a saving throw, you can add 2d4 to the roll. • If you are being healed add your character level times 5 to the amount restored. • If you are about to be hit by an attack increase your AC by 5[/ooc]
Princess Merida of Dunbroch
Human Ranger 6 Chaotic Good

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4
Shortsword(Highland Dirk) +7 1d6+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex
- Fey touched , Sharpshooter

Race: Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter)
- Ability Score Increase , Darkvision , Natural Tracker , Keen Senses . Wisping , Mark the wisps

Class: Ranger
- Favored Foe , Canny , Roving , Fighting style(Archery) , Spellcasting , Primal Awareness , Extra Attack

Subclass: Horizon Walker
Detect Portal , Planar Warrior

Stellar Blessing

Moana-portrait-orange-border.png.4ca1bbdcf7ccf36d342db60233d0126e.pngMoana Waialiki Sea Soul 6

Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 14 (+2)

Intelligence: 10 (+0)
Wisdom: 10 (+0)
Charisma: 20 (+5)

AC: 15
HP: 35
PP: 14

Trying to talk with Ursula was as frustrating as fishing with a ruined net. You might catch something if you're really lucky, but most of the time your only reward was frustration.

"One last set of questions from me, Ursula. Are you confident in the surveillance of the area around your base? Can you guarantee that no outsider, like one of the villains, can sneak in unnoticed? If you discover them while we're still within your domain, will you let us know?"

She mostly shared Merida's sentiment.

"I think we should ought to have a small conversation with Merlin without our guest before we set off," she suggested, a lot less loud than her previous conversation with Ursula.

Merlin hummed as he looked at Mickey "You four might be the best for that particular mission."

"Our blessings are with you dear." Fauna stated to Aurora "and put trust into your friends they will help to."

~~~

Ursula hummed in response to Moana's final query "as much as I love to guarantee anything my dear, you can't never tell what's going to happen when your view is limited to one set of eyes. As for letting you know when someone else intrudes on my domain. I suppose I could let you know especially if you make a little deal with me that you will deal with them if I want them dealt with." She chuckled as she summoned a small golden contract "cooperation always has its advantages you know."

Merlin gave a cough "put that away Ursula, no contract making."

Ursula pouted slightly then put away the scroll "fine Merlin... I'll be over here when you all decide to accept my little challenge. Come my pets let's get ready for company when they decide to come over."

Glut grunted

"Yes Mistress." Both Flotsam and Jetsam hissed evenly then all went over to a corner of the meeting room.

~~~

Merlin then turned to Merida "I can make it so that you can be underwater just as well as if you can be on land plus enchant your bow and arrows so that being underwater doesn't affect them. I'll just need to know who is coming with you that way I'll only need to use one spell." He made a sudden noise "oh speaking of that. Before everyone leaves, I just like to let you all know, thanks to a recent discovery in the dwarf mine, magical tutoring is available to all of the kingdom squad who want to learn magic even if you haven't even thought about it before." He pulled a second orb and tapped it "Archimedes, have yourself Arthur and Hazel bring the tutoring device."

"ugh..." A huffy voice moaned "you heard him you two, grab this er book here."

"uh Merlin," a high pitched teen's voice started "this uh 'book' you made it's..."

"bigger than a tree..." a teenage female commented "how are we supposed to carry it

Merlin made a noise "just pick it up and say go to Merlin."

"alright here goes nothing." Arthur stated

A shuffle was heard "Go to Merlin." A collective command was called out

A moment later a poof occurred as a teenage blond haired boy in common clothes, a red-haired teen girl in a red dress and a brown screech owl all appeared with a giant book like thing on a pedestal however the pedestal seemed to be glowing with energy almost as if something was within it giving it power.

The owl fluffed his feathers from his perch on top of the device "one tutoring device brought Merlin."

"Thank you."

Ursula seemed to take notice, "so that's what he's been working on." She purred

"What's that Mistress." Glut muttered

Ursula hummed "a spell archive, I heard rumors he found something in the dwarf mines, something that shouldn't have been there but now he is taking full advantage of it." She smirked with a laugh "we'll make a villain out of him yet..."

Merlin coughed "as I was saying, magic tutoring is available to all in the kingdom squad, just approach the book and Archimedes and my two assistants will help you and if you have any magical item requests," he summoned his carpetbag with a poof "I have almost any common and uncommon ranked magical item or potion available just let me know what you are looking for."

~~~

Kingdom Squad has unlocked Store: Spell Research (will post the store in 24 hours,)

Mulan TokenFa Mulan Samurai Fighter 3; Hexblade Warlock 3

AC:
HP:
Speed:

49/49
30 ft.

Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:

(+2)
(+0)
(+2)

Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

(+1)
(+0)
(+4)

Languages
Combat Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies

Second Wind (1d10+3) | Action Surge (1/1) | Fighting Spirit (3/3) | Hexblade's Curse (1/1) | Hex Warrior | Eldritch Invocations

'Don't be late! Don't be late!' Mulan thought as she rode her horse, Khan, up to the front gate of the college. She was, in fact, already late for the meeting with Merlin. By the time Mushu had awakened her, she needed to rush to get ready. As it was supposed to be a friendly meeting, she had chosen to wear a green hanfu dress instead of her military garb.

Leaving Khan behind, she power-walked across the campus up towards Merlin's tower. 'Why am I like this? I'm supposed to be representing the emperor.' She climbed the stairs to the main meeting hall, stopping briefly to fix her hair before going inside.

"I'm here!" she said as she entered, though looked like the meeting had nearly concluded. She first saw a crowd, including a mouse of unusual size, three very beautiful women, a large, muscular man, and two more adventurous-looking girls. They were with an elderly man who could only be Merlin. There was also an ominous octopus-woman in the corner and a large spellbook on a pedestal.

Mulan introduced herself to the group in the most official-sounding voice she could, "I am Fa Mulan, envoy from the Land of the Dragon. Please forgive my lateness."

OOC

Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Movement:

Spells

Spellcasting

Modifier (Cha): +4
Spell Attack: +7
Save DC: 15

Cantrips

1. Create Bonfire
  2. Green-Flame Blade

2nd-Level

1. Armor of Agathys*
  2. Blur(c)
  3. Enthrall
  4. Find Familiar*(R)
  5. Shield
  6. Suggestion(c)

Stats

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2897775]Fa Mulan[/url][/b] [i]Human (Half-Elf) Fighter 3 / Warlock 3 6 NG[/i] [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]HP[/b] 49 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Str[/b] 15 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 10 (0) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 10 (0) [b]Int[/b] 12 (1) [b]Cha[/b] 18 (4) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Jian (Slashing/5)[/b] +8 1d8+5(1d10+5) [b]Dagger (Piercing/20/60)[/b] +5 1d4+2 [b]Handaxe (Slashing/20/60)[/b] +5 1d6+2 [b]Longbow (Piercing/150/600)[/b] +3 1d6 [b]Unarmed Strike (Bl./5)[/b] +5 1d6(1d8) Fighter Features Fighting Style (Unarmed Fighting) | Second Wind | Action Surge | Martial Archetype (Samurai) | Bonus Proficiency | Fighting Spirit Warlock Features Otherworldly Patron (Hexblade) | Pact Magic | Expanded Spell List | Hexblade's Curse | Hex Warrior (Longsword) | Eldritch Invocations | Pact Boon (Pact of the Chain) Soldier Feature Military Rank: You have a military rank from your career as a soldier. Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your authority and influence, and they defer to you if they are of a lower rank. You can invoke your rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. You can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized. Half-Elf Features Darkvision (60 ft.) | Fey Ancestry | Skill Versatility
Fa Mulan
Human (Half-Elf) Fighter 3 / Warlock 3 6 NG

AC 17 HP 49 Speed 30ft

Str 15 (2) Dex 10 (0) Con 14 (2) Wis 10 (0) Int 12 (1) Cha 18 (4)

Attacks
Jian (Slashing/5) +8 1d8+5(1d10+5)
Dagger (Piercing/20/60) +5 1d4+2
Handaxe (Slashing/20/60) +5 1d6+2
Longbow (Piercing/150/600) +3 1d6
Unarmed Strike (Bl./5) +5 1d6(1d8)

Fighter Features
Fighting Style (Unarmed Fighting) | Second Wind | Action Surge | Martial Archetype (Samurai) | Bonus Proficiency | Fighting Spirit

Warlock Features
Otherworldly Patron (Hexblade) | Pact Magic | Expanded Spell List | Hexblade's Curse | Hex Warrior (Longsword) | Eldritch Invocations | Pact Boon (Pact of the Chain)

Soldier Feature
Military Rank: You have a military rank from your career as a soldier. Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your authority and influence, and they defer to you if they are of a lower rank. You can invoke your rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. You can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized.

Half-Elf Features
Darkvision (60 ft.) | Fey Ancestry | Skill Versatility

Links: Sheet | Application

Inventory

Gp: 24 Sp: 9 Cp: 0

Equipped

1. Splint
  2. Clothes, common
  3. Dagger
  4. Handaxe (2)
  5. Longbow
  6. Jian (Longsword), +1
  7. Lucky cricket (Arcane focus)
  8. Signal Whistle
  9. Quiver (20 arrows)

Backpack

1. Ball bearings (bag of 1000)
  2. Bedroll
  3. Bell
  4. Blanket
  5. Candle
  6. Case, map or scroll
  7. Clothes, fine
  8. Crowbar
  9. Dice set
  10. Grappling hook
  11. Hammer
  12. Healer's kit
  13. Lantern, hooded
  14. Mess Kit
  15. Oil (10 flasks)
  16. Perfume (vial)
  17. Piton (10)
  18. Rations (10 days)
  19. Rope, hempen (50 ft.)
  20. Sack
  21. Shovel
  22. Soap
  23. Spikes, Iron
  24. String (10 ft.)
  25. Tent, two-person
  26. Tinderbox
  27. Waterskin

Khan (Draft Horse)

1. Bit and bridle
  2. Saddle, military
  3. Saddlebags
  4. Feed (10 days)

image.jpeg.046450084d26c8cee63870bae1f483c2.jpegName Eilonwy | Class Rogue 4/Wizard 2 | AC: 14 (17) | HP: 27/27 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str -1 / Dex +7 / Con +1 / Int +6 / Wis +0 / Cha +1 | Portent (8)

Special Abilities darkvision, Sneak Attack, Incisive Sense, Blessing of the Moonweaver, Cunning Action, Steady Aim, Ear for deceit, Eye for Detail, Insightful Fighting, Divination Savant, Portent | 

Attacks: Rapier | +7 | 1d8+4 pierciing, Shortbow +1 | +8 | 1d6+5 piercing (80/320 ), Dagger | +7 | 1d4+4 piercing (20/60)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 | Hit Dice 4d8/2d6 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Booming Blade, Mind Sliver, Green-flame Blade, Sacred Flame, Vicious Mockery

Level 1 | (3/3) | Thunderwave, Find Familiar, Chromatic Orb, Shield, Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Healing Word (1/day), Silvery Barbs, Dissonant Whispers

"Welcome Fa Mulan. It is nice to meet you. I am Princess Eilonwy of the Royal House of Llyr, it is nice to meet you." She says formally. "but please call me Eilonwy. Thank you for joining us we were just getting ready to depart. If there is anything of a magical nature that you need, I believe that this book will provide it. A little help on our journey from Merlin." She has a pink pig and a floating bauble following her.

Eilonwy looks at her companions, she is very glad to have their help. She approaches the book and looks to the assistants. "I think that a scroll of locate object and some healing potions would be very helpful."

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: none

Moana-portrait-orange-border.png.4ca1bbdcf7ccf36d342db60233d0126e.pngMoana Waialiki Sea Soul 6

Moana's question yielded a bit more information than she had hoped. The answer itself wasn't all that helpful, but the exchange between Ursula and Merlin revealed that the sea witch had some kind of contract she wanted to make with Moana, and that Merlin didn't like it. Something to be aware of, then.

The owl and the book gave her pause. It could grant some kind of helpful boon? At least Merlin wasn't sending them empty-handed to do his bidding. But from the explanation he gave, it seemed that there 'common' magic existed? Were magic items abundant enough here to be called 'common'? The stone around her neck made up literally half of all the magic items her people owned. Would it be considered a common item here? She was humbled by the thought.

19 hours ago, morgan_ said:

"I am Fa Mulan, envoy from the Land of the Dragon. Please forgive my lateness."

Moana observed the newcomer. It looked like Fa Mulan was an outsider here like herself. Well, neither Kronk nor Merida seemed to be members of the Princess Academy, so now they were about half and half.

"May the wind grace your sails, Fa Mulan," she said and gave a bow. "I am Moana Waialiki. Would you prefer if I call you 'Fa' or 'Mulan' or your full name?"

10 hours ago, WolfBirch said:

"I think that a scroll of locate object and some healing potions would be very helpful."

It sounded like Princess Eilonwy had experience with magic items. Perhaps she would be able to offer some supplementing advice to whatever this Archimedes could give.

Mickey the Sorcerer's Apprentice -- Mouse (Lightfoot Halfling) Folk Hero SorcererMickeyv7.jpg.1716c1797c70f8627088f601a5486646.jpg

AC: 14 | HP: 24/24 | Init: +4 | Speed: 25' | Jump: 30'| Prof. Bonus: +3 | Passive Perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 9 | Passive Investigation: 11 | STR: 10 (0) | DEX: 16 (+4) | CON: 13 (+1) | INT: 13 (+1) | WIS: 8 (-1) | CHA: 17 (+3) | Subclass: Wild Magic | Sorcery Points: 7 | Spellcasting Ability: CHA | Spell Save DC: 14 | Spell Attack Bonus: +6
Buffs: None | Debuffs: None | Advantages: Fear | Inspiration: 0 | Exhaustion: 0 |

Mickey had encountered Archimedes before when he had first met Merlin in his cluttered study in the Mage Tower. The owl was a little snooty but otherwise a good fellow to know. The red-headed teen girl was unfamiliar to the Mouse, but the blonde teenager...

"Jiminy Cricket!!!" the black-haired apprentice yelped, his conical cap tumbling off his head to be desperately, clumsily caught in both four-fingered hands. The young sorcerer immediately knelt down upon one knee and bowed his head. "You-your Majesty! Uh, um, it... it's a g-g-great honor, sir!"

As he waited for Arthur, the High-King, to give him leave to rise, he considered the great wizard's offer. This was his opportunity to become a powerful spellcaster like his old mentor, Yesnid. To learn spells under the tutelage of the greatest magician in the world. What more could a sorcerer aspire to?

(Well, yes, marrying Princess Minnie was always on his mind, but this... this was BIG time!)

(Just don't tell Minnie!)

However, one of Yesnid's old lessons stuck in his mind. "Remember, my boy! Magic always demands a price. The greater the magic, the greater the price. Think well and long before you commit."

While he waited for permission, the little spellcaster surreptitiously took out his money purse and counted his current "wealth". A lone moth flew out of the bedraggled, old leather pouch. A quick survey told him he had 7 gold pazoozas, 2 silver, and 95 copper.

He gulped loudly and put away his purse. This was going to be a lot harder than he thought.

Then he got a bright idea! Maybe Merlin would accept Yesnid's antique Periapt of Wound Closure and ancient Ring of Jumping in exchange for this advanced magical training.

The Mouse continued to wait for a sign from King Arthur.

Mechanics

OOC: n/a

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Mickey's action goes here.
Bonus Action: Mickey's bonus action goes here.
Move: Mickey's movement goes here.
Manipulate: Mickey's one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)

Aurora-Briar Rose- (Eladrin) Dream Cycle Druid

spacer.png

eddhttps://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2887261

HP: 48/48 AC: 12(11) Intative: +1 PP: 17

Spell Slots: 1: 4/4

2: 3/33: 3/3

Mood: Spring.

~~~~

"Thank you, my good fairies. I will heed your advice. I hope to meet you once again on better circumstances"

she say and reach her hand to gesture a theoritical hand holding.

Aurora for now, ignore Urusla.

"Your highness." she acknowledge King Arthur with a respectful bow.

It was both an objective relative distance of status? that she didnt reacted as Mickey Mouse and the fact that most of her life, not only that court unspoken rules were unknown for her- socializing at all were.

"Greetings, Hazel- I hope-"

but this greeting were caught off by the new arriver- Mulan.

She give a small giggle.

"Quite the entrance, Lady Envoy Fa of the Dragon!"

She greet her with a polite bow.

"I am princess Aurora. But also known as Briar Rose."

Edited by igordragonian12 (see edit history)

R.jpg.2ca289fdf72caaacb64a030887b89370.jpgPrincess Merida of DunBroch - Character Sheet | Application

AC: 18 |  HP: 52/52 |  PP: 19 |  Speed: 35ft |  Spells: Lvl I 4/4 , Lvl II 2/2 | Hunter's mark 0/1 | Misty Step 1/1

...see spell store thread...

Merida had only a little success with the book despite her sacrifice of hundreds of gold. She did not like books, books were basically just ruined wood that should have been made into arrows as far as she was concerned. It was probably for the best that she couldn't catch the blasted thing on fire anyhow. The Fa Mulan was a welcome distraction though, she jerked a thumb over her shoulder at her.

"Oh she's a proper one. Well miss Envoy of the Land of Dragons, we're just talking about diving to the depths of the underwater realm on a once in a life time opportunity to save the world by finding a magic sundial that can control time... you want to come with? Or you can go with them to find a old cast iron bucket, your choice."

Mechanics:

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2685197]Princess Merida of Dunbroch[/url][/b] [i][ooc=Human]Wildhunt Shifter[/ooc] Ranger 6 Chaotic Good[/i] [b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 52 [b]Speed[/b] 35ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Longbow +1[/b] +10 1d8+5 [b]Rapier[/b] +7 1d8+4 [b]Shortsword(Highland Dirk)[/b] +7 1d6+4 [b][/b] [b][/b] [b]Background[/b] Folk Hero - [ooc=Rustic Hospitality]Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.[/ooc] [b]ASI & Feats[/b] +2 Dex - [ooc=Fey touched]Misty step and Hunter's Mark free to cast 1/day, and added to spell list[/ooc], [ooc=Sharpshooter]Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover. Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.[/ooc] [b]Race:[/b] Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter) - [ooc=Ability Score Increase] Your Wisdom score increases by 2, Dexterity increase by 1[/ooc], [ooc=Darkvision]You have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.[/ooc], [ooc=Natural Tracker]You have proficiency in the Survival skill.[/ooc], [ooc=Keen Senses]You have proficiency in the Perception skill.[/ooc]. [ooc=Wisping]As a bonus action, you can assume power from the will-o-wisps. Your eyes glow blue and a feint aura surrounds you as you are protected by fate. This transformation lasts for 1 minute, until you die, or until you revert to your normal appearance as a bonus action. When you shift, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). While shifted, you have advantage on Wisdom checks. Once you shift, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest[/ooc], [ooc=Mark the wisps]As a bonus action, you can mark one creature you can see within 10 feet of you. Until the end of your next long rest, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make to find the marked creature, and you always know the location of that creature if it is within 60 feet of you. You can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest.[/ooc] [b]Class:[/b] Ranger - [ooc=Favored Foe]When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d6. You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Canny]Choose one of your skill proficiencies(perception). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill. You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice[/ooc], [ooc=Roving]Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.[/ooc], [ooc=Fighting style(Archery)]You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.[/ooc], [ooc=Spellcasting]Spellcasting By the time you reach 2nd level, you have learned to use the magical essence of nature to cast spells, much as a druid does. Spell Slots The Ranger table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your ranger spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. For example, if you know the 1st-level spell Animal Friendship and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast Animal Friendship using either slot. Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the ranger spell list. The Spells Known column of the Ranger table shows when you learn more ranger spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 5th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the ranger spells you know and replace it with another spell from the ranger spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots. Spellcasting Ability Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your ranger spells, since your magic draws on your attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a ranger spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spellcasting Focus (Optional) At 2nd level, you can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your ranger spells. A druidic focus might be a sprig of mistletoe or holly, a wand or rod made of yew or another special wood, a staff drawn whole from a living tree, or an object incorporating feathers, fur, bones, and teeth from sacred animals.[/ooc], [ooc=Primal Awareness]You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Primal Awareness Spells Ranger Level Spell 3rd.... Speak with Animals 5th.... Beast Sense 9th.... Speak with Plants 13th.. Locate Creature 17th.. Commune with Nature You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Extra Attack]Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.[/ooc] [b]Subclass:[/b] Horizon Walker [ooc=Detect Portal]At 3rd level, you gain the ability to magically sense the presence of a planar portal. As an action, you detect the distance and direction to the closest planar portal within 1 mile of you. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest. See the "Planar Travel" section in chapter 2 of the Dungeon Master's Guide for examples of planar portals.[/ooc], [ooc=Planar Warrior] At 3rd level, you learn to draw on the energy of the multiverse to augment your attacks. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.[/ooc] [ooc=Stellar Blessing]While in a critical health state (below 50% HP) you may trigger stellar blessing through the following options no action required. You may use each option once per short or long rest: • If you miss with an attack roll, or miss with a saving throw, you can add 2d4 to the roll. • If you are being healed add your character level times 5 to the amount restored. • If you are about to be hit by an attack increase your AC by 5[/ooc]
Princess Merida of Dunbroch
Human Ranger 6 Chaotic Good

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4
Shortsword(Highland Dirk) +7 1d6+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex
- Fey touched , Sharpshooter

Race: Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter)
- Ability Score Increase , Darkvision , Natural Tracker , Keen Senses . Wisping , Mark the wisps

Class: Ranger
- Favored Foe , Canny , Roving , Fighting style(Archery) , Spellcasting , Primal Awareness , Extra Attack

Subclass: Horizon Walker
Detect Portal , Planar Warrior

Stellar Blessing

Mulan TokenFa Mulan Samurai Fighter 3; Hexblade Warlock 3

AC:
HP:
Speed:

49/49
30 ft.

Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:

(+2)
(+0)
(+2)

Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

(+1)
(+0)
(+4)

Languages
Combat Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies

Second Wind (1d10+3) | Action Surge (1/1) | Fighting Spirit (3/3) | Hexblade's Curse (1/1) | Hex Warrior | Eldritch Invocations

Mulan felt relief at the warm reception despite her tardiness. She bowed to Eilonwy and to Aurora. "Hello, Princess Eilonwy. It is a pleasure to meet you as well," she said. "And thank you, Princess Aurora for the kind welcome." 'I guess I made it just in time,' she thought.

"'Mulan' would be fine," she said to Moana. "I also answer to 'treacherous snake.'" She grinned at her self-effacing joke.

Having listened to Merida's description of the two quests, she said in response, "When you put it that way, how could I refuse? I would be honored to join you in this aquatic quest to save the world."

OOC

Action:
Bonus Action:
Movement:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Spells

Spellcasting

Modifier (Cha): +4
Spell Attack: +7
Save DC: 15

Cantrips

1. Create Bonfire
  2. Green-Flame Blade

2nd-Level

1. Armor of Agathys*
  2. Blur(c)
  3. Find Familiar*(R)
  4. Shield
  5. Suggestion(c)

Stats

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2897775]Fa Mulan[/url][/b] [i]Human (Half-Elf) Fighter 3 / Warlock 3 6 NG[/i] [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]HP[/b] 49 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Str[/b] 15 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 10 (0) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 10 (0) [b]Int[/b] 12 (1) [b]Cha[/b] 18 (4) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Jian (Slashing/5)[/b] +8 1d8+5(1d10+5) [b]Dagger (Piercing/20/60)[/b] +5 1d4+2 [b]Handaxe (Slashing/20/60)[/b] +5 1d6+2 [b]Longbow (Piercing/150/600)[/b] +3 1d6 [b]Unarmed Strike (Bl./5)[/b] +5 1d6(1d8) Fighter Features Fighting Style (Unarmed Fighting) | Second Wind | Action Surge | Martial Archetype (Samurai) | Bonus Proficiency | Fighting Spirit Warlock Features Otherworldly Patron (Hexblade) | Pact Magic | Expanded Spell List | Hexblade's Curse | Hex Warrior (Longsword) | Eldritch Invocations | Pact Boon (Pact of the Chain) Soldier Feature Military Rank: You have a military rank from your career as a soldier. Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your authority and influence, and they defer to you if they are of a lower rank. You can invoke your rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. You can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized. Half-Elf Features Darkvision (60 ft.) | Fey Ancestry | Skill Versatility
Fa Mulan
Human (Half-Elf) Fighter 3 / Warlock 3 6 NG

AC 17 HP 49 Speed 30ft

Str 15 (2) Dex 10 (0) Con 14 (2) Wis 10 (0) Int 12 (1) Cha 18 (4)

Attacks
Jian (Slashing/5) +8 1d8+5(1d10+5)
Dagger (Piercing/20/60) +5 1d4+2
Handaxe (Slashing/20/60) +5 1d6+2
Longbow (Piercing/150/600) +3 1d6
Unarmed Strike (Bl./5) +5 1d6(1d8)

Fighter Features
Fighting Style (Unarmed Fighting) | Second Wind | Action Surge | Martial Archetype (Samurai) | Bonus Proficiency | Fighting Spirit

Warlock Features
Otherworldly Patron (Hexblade) | Pact Magic | Expanded Spell List | Hexblade's Curse | Hex Warrior (Longsword) | Eldritch Invocations | Pact Boon (Pact of the Chain)

Soldier Feature
Military Rank: You have a military rank from your career as a soldier. Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your authority and influence, and they defer to you if they are of a lower rank. You can invoke your rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. You can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized.

Half-Elf Features
Darkvision (60 ft.) | Fey Ancestry | Skill Versatility

Links: Sheet | Application

Inventory

Gp: 23 Sp: 9 Cp: 5

Equipped

1. Splint
  2. Clothes, common
  3. Dagger
  4. Handaxe (2)
  5. Longbow
  6. Jian (Longsword), +1
  7. Lucky cricket (Arcane focus)
  8. Signal Whistle
  9. Quiver (20 arrows)

Backpack

1. Ball bearings (bag of 1000)
  2. Bedroll
  3. Bell
  4. Blanket
  5. Candle
  6. Case, map or scroll
  7. Clothes, fine
  8. Crowbar
  9. Dice set
  10. Grappling hook
  11. Hammer
  12. Healer's kit
  13. Lantern, hooded
  14. Mess Kit
  15. Oil (10 flasks)
  16. Perfume (vial)
  17. Piton (10)
  18. Rations (10 days)
  19. Rope, hempen (50 ft.)
  20. Sack
  21. Shovel
  22. Soap
  23. Spikes, Iron
  24. String (10 ft.)
  25. Tent, two-person
  26. Tinderbox
  27. Waterskin

Khan (Draft Horse)

1. Bit and bridle
  2. Saddle, military
  3. Saddlebags
  4. Feed (10 days)

Your Majesty? Your Highness? Who, exactly, were they referring to? The boy? Was he somehow of a higher rank than the other members present? She gave a respectful nod, but refrained from any greeting as she was not sure exactly what to say.

"I will also take part in this challenge that Ursula of the dark seas has created for us," she said to Merida and Mulan.

She refused to acknowledge Ursula as a goddess, but she was without doubt a formidable opponent that should not be underestimated.

"I am very curious why you've been called a 'treacherous snake', Mulan. A story you're willing to share with us later, hopefully."

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

moana-nope.gif.2eade547b5cc97e3c2c3b009e7720268.gifMoana felt something on her back. Wait, don't tell me...

Before she could even finish the thought, a small figure popped up on her shoulder. Not on top of it, more like drawn on it. The figure that looked like a muscled man appeared very animated. She looked down to see it running up to her arm.

Why is it reacting now?

To avoid too much attention, she sidled backwards, disappearing a bit behind other the other people.

The figure jumped up and down, and waved its arm. "What is it you want?" she muttered. She held her arm still, trying to determine out what the figure wanted. It pointed towards the tallest figure in the room, Kronk.

"What do you want with him?" she whispered, "Are you wary of him?" The figure shook his head, and instead flexed his muscles. "Yes, Kronk looks strong. What about it?"

There was some further gesturing, with the essence seeming to be that the figure wanted her to get closer to Kronk. She obliged, if for no other reason to stop this from getting out of hand.

"Excuse me, Kronk?" she said to the tall man, "I have a ... message for you, of sorts."

She held out her arm, showing the figure on her forearm gesturing towards Kronk. The figure gestured for him to put his hand forward in a handshake. Moana held out her own arm in hesitation. The moment Kronk's and Moana's hands touched, the figure darted over from her arm to his. Huh. I didn't expect that to happen. 

"Eh... This is a gift from a friend of mine, Maui," she explained, "And now it's apparently yours. I hope you don't mind."