The OOC thread

If you choose a background that does not grant a feat, you may choose one of the following feats for your character: Skilled or Tough
Additionally, as this is a Forgotten Realms game we get the additional choice of Magic Initiate.

Edited by 8w_gremlin (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, rauhric said:

Those are all great options. Btw, anyone playing a rogue or has thieves tools as a skill? If not then I'll pick some up with Skilled feat.

I have Proficiency, but neither good Dex or Int which are the most common abilities they pair with - so if you pick it up I'll be able to give the Help action but your roll would be better than mine

I decided to go with Magic Initiate to pickup a Familiar for scouting, some Dancing Lights for the Darkvision impaired human, and Blade Ward for when it becomes apparent that defense is the best offense.

As I understand it, certain settings like Dragonlance and Spelljammers backgrounds come with feats included, so then the idea became to retro-fit all previous backgrounds without feats and the options are Toughness, Skilled, and in Forgotten Realms the Magic Initiate feat.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

41 minutes ago, SCARY WIZARD said:

Hey, where are the new Backgrounds with Feats? The .PDF mentions them, but I'm not seeing them listed anywhere...

Yeah, what rauhric said. If you chose one of the spelljammer backgrounds, then you use the feat they give you. Otherwise, choose from Toughness, Skilled or Magic Initiate.