Interest Check - Dungeon World (with a hefty dose of the D&D cartoon)?

background_1.jpg.5484bf722f02e21d08fa0bf2bc01c95b.jpg

Dungeon World: Sea of Grass

Before I spend a bunch of time on the AI generator and forum creation, is there any interest here at Myth-Weavers for a game of Dungeon World (https://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/)? I was thinking about running a PbP version of a live game I have been running.

It will be Jumanji/D&D cartoon-style in that teens from our world have been pulled into mostly abandoned, post-apocalyptic-feeling fantasy world as their favorite fantasy characters. The PCs will be older teens (16-18) and the remaining NPCs in the group (~4) may be younger. I'm open to considering non-core playbooks so long as the playbook is publicly available for free and keeps the classic RPG character feel. Since this is PbP, the scenario will be a pretty short, linear adventure (lasting for 4-6 months of real time) of trying to do the thing to get home. Characters will level quickly.

My table-top version of this game is pretty brutal, like....really brutal, so we'll have to tone that back for Myth-Weavers. But Dungeon World is going for an old school feel, so death (at least of one of the NPCs) is always just a few bad rolls away.

So, anyone interested?

Edited by Caystodd (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Caystodd said:
My table-top version of this game is pretty brutal, like....really brutal

R.I.P. Samantha.

200w.gif.fe71520372773137288f06c18ecc90b8.gif

Are you going to do playbooks first come, first served? I'd love to play a Cleric.

Excellent. I have another week before exams, so I'll just be poking along at this, but hopefully will have an ad up by the end of next week.

On 4/20/2024 at 7:25 PM, LaChupa said:

Are you going to do playbooks first come, first served?

Kinda. I'm going to have a short application process so players can declare what playbook they want to play, but I'm also going to have them declare a backup playbook in case two people want the same playbook. Hopefully, we can just talk it out.

On 4/20/2024 at 7:54 PM, Butchern said:

"Rip" might not be the best choice of words . . . just sayin'.

Any time a weapon with the "messy" tag enters a scene in Dungeon World, crap is about to get real. :D

The image of Hannah holding Sam's arm like it was a beloved teddy bear as the ogre just stomped up behind her with that giant meat cleaver.... it was something, that's for sure.

But like I said, this game will be much more tame.

Promise.

Mostly.

I'll do my best.

23 hours ago, Caystodd said:

The image of Hannah holding Sam's arm like it was a beloved teddy bear as the ogre just stomped up behind her with that giant meat cleaver.... it was something, that's for sure.

sounds like somebody had a really bad case of the mondays.

this sounds fun. i'd be interested and should have the time for this. I think short format games work pretty well in pbp.