Chapter 3 - journey to Glass Creek

Blaeringr

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

"Hi there, young man! Seems like you've seen better days... what is happening?" greets Maybell from the cart.

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3

HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 3/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine looked at the young man who seemed in some ways to mirror himself. But after the run it with the racist bandits a few days back, he had a new sense of distrust for strangers. He wanted to help this man, but he would suss the situation before rushing in like he would have only a week ago.

"Well met stranger! I am Khaine, how may I help you?"

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chalia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 42/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 25 (30) | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 (+10) | Will: +8

conditions: none

Chalia let the others do the talking, but looked around just in case this turned out to be an ambush. It wouldn't be the first time that someone stopped some people on the road and while talking they were attacked and she didn't want this to happen to her company.

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

Name
perception
1d20+8 12

Posted (edited)

spacer.png"It's b-bandits!" he says, voice shaken. "They've attacked my neighbors on the Paddens' farm just down the next dirt road here. Good folk who've worked the land for years. I think they were targeted because they're elfs! Been happening more and more lately. They took them and set their barn on fire." He points ahead, and to the right, east away from the main road, and there is indeed a plume of smoke coming from that direction.

"Hippana Herself sent you, surely! I was heading to town to call for help when I saw you! You can save the Paddens from them bandits if you're quick. I'll show you the way to their farm. Come on!" He's turning, looking back, trying to lead the adventurers toward the smoke and the farm that way.

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

spacer.png Flick

HP: 30/30
AC: 17

Perception +7
Fort +7
Ref +7
Will +7

"The bandits took them?" Flick tilts his head. "Are they being held hostage on their own farm, or were they taken somewhere else?"

As he speaks, he also briefly studies the young man, trying to see if he's trustworthy.

Name
Sense Motive
1d20+7 6

"Then chances are high it's those Highwolves again," Chalia said as she kept looking around, "Maybe it's time to do something permanent to those idiots before they become an even bigger problem."

OOC

Khaine - Human Monk 3

Conditions :

Khaine slipped from his horse and followed after the man.

"When did the attack happen? Did you see it? Any idea how many of them there were?"

He was concerned, he couldn't just walk past this. He would do his best to save the farmers, and teach the bandits the error of their ways.

Posted (edited)

spacer.png"I saw the smoke and came to check it out.." he answers Khaine. "Already gone by then. They'd alread taken the Paddens and their children by the time I got there. I'm no detective or bounty hunter, so I went looking for help."

As he leads them to the smoke a little ways off, to the scene of the crime, the adventurers begin to spot clues already on the way there.

Chalia notices

Architecture lore: as they get closer, she spots the source of the smoke: a burning silo, not a barn. Farmers don't usually mix up those two types of building as a matter of pride.

Flick notices

Cartography lore: A couple times on the way there, he gets confused about which sideroad or lane to take to his own neighbor's place.

Kek notices

How great it is that people around here look out for their neighbors!

Khaine notices

Farming lore: as they approach the Paddens' farm, he notices the condition of the fields. Grass, clover and wildflowers grow wild here, long grass that has not seen plough or grazing for at least a year, probably more. This farm hasn't been farmed for a couple years at least.

Maybell notices

Theater lore: this man is a good liar. Maybell isn't able to catch anything specific he says to be a lie, but his gestures, his poise, his well timed intonations...this man has theatric training, or something similar. She doesn't know for a fact he his lying, but she is certain this man would be quite good at it if he were.

"Hold a moment," Chalia said as she dismounted and bound her mound to the wagon so it couldn't run off, "it's best to be prepared, just in case."

She drew her big sword and then turned towards the guy. She was called many things, but subtle wasn't one of them.

"Strange farmer who doesn't know the difference between a barn and a silo. Even I know that and I've never lived on a farm in my life. Care to elaborate on that?"

She kept looking around for any ambushes, quite certain there would be one now.

OOC

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
perception
1d20+8 6

Posted (edited)

spacer.png"Oh that, now?" he replies smoothly to Chalia, "Barn. Silo. Just making sure to not complicate things for city folk and aliensAn unusually controversial choice of word for elves and other non-humans. Especially for one with elf neighbors.. Who knows how nuanced your grasp of our language is."

A bead of sweat forms on his forehead. "Good thinking drawing your blade. They might still be about."

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

"My, who knew Highwolves had such thespians upon their ranks... I guess hatred is an emotion as well that can inspire art, even if the product is such a bitter unpleasant fruit. Quite a shame... did such sentiments bar you from any proper stage that you must only perform on side roads leading into ambushes of steel? Khaine, get behind him, don't let him bolt away..." says Maybell as she catches the man's artistic talent... but specially, as she puts 2 and 2 together once Chalia catches onto the ruse at hand and the man expresses such a tell tale slur... she's herself weaving yarn, she doesn't know for sure that this is what is happening but better see how their actor reacts to her acting all confident that she knows his deal.

Khaine - Human Monk 3

Conditions :

Khaine had been suspecting something was off, and it seemed his friends were the same. As Maybell suggested he cut of the route, Khaine was already moving into position.

"When will you dense folk understand that your hatred is unfounded? Well, you are about to bested by a bunch of aliens, so we can do this the easy way or the hard way. How many of your friends are waiting in ambush? And where?"

He cracked his knuckles as he prepared for a fight. He knew this guy was likely to try and talk his way out or run for it. He was outnumbered. But a cornered fox was more dangerous than a snake.

spacer.png"Now, now, no need to get unpleasant" he's looking around nervously as the riders move to flank him. "Farmers got hobbies too. I was Orin in this last year's production of MoonlitA tale of werewolf romance and politics. It was a hita"

A few more beads of sweat. "If you don't want to follow and help some folk in peril, that's fine - I'll just move on and look for help in town."

spacer.png Flick

HP: 30/30
AC: 17

Perception +7
Fort +7
Ref +7
Will +7

"And how will you do that if you don't know your way around," Flick points out. "I don't know if you're a Highwolf, but you're certainly not from around here."

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)