General OOC

X51

Just in time to miss the combat!

Joseph shot at Aldous but missed. As you can see in the picture, the area has been divided into zones. You can move anywhere within the green zone or from the green zone to a yellow zone with a single move action. The shelves in the barn currently give Joseph 1 CD of cover, meaning he'll add the results of a combat die to his damage resistance if he's shot from the other side of them.

The party currently has 2 AP, and you generate more by getting more successes than needed, so don't be afraid to use them. Spending 1 to get a 3rd d20 seems like a pretty good investment in general.

You can go anywhere inside the zone you're moving to, so you could get behind some bit of cover in the barn, or you could even get right up next to Joseph with a single Minor Action.

Looks like I was thinking about movement a bit too rigidly there (and the rules do say "move up to one zone, to any position within Medium range" in any case). Thanks for clearing that up!

Another question, though: assuming I stay put and take a shot from where I am, the attack's difficulty would increase by 1 as my gun's range is Close and Joseph technically is in a different zone, yes?

One note that I just had to correct in my rules write-up: You cannot normally spend AP to buy extra damage dice for ranged weapon attacks. You can only do that if the weapon is Accurate and you use the Aim action. Otherwise, spending extra rounds of ammo is the only way to add damage dice.

I just did! Which turned the 12 into a 6, giving me two successes altogether. Hurray!

Edit: which I suppose also means I ought to roll my attack's damage dice! I think I am going to spend one additional round to roll an extra d6.

… yielding a total of 2 damage.

Edited by Dybrar (see edit history)

It basically rolls damage dice against the damage you deal. It's pretty soft cover, so it's just one die, which I rolled on my previous post; it reduced the damage by one. I'll get a post up sometime in the next 24 hours or so.