Zen, half elven cleric of Bastet

Starhawk

spacer.png

Zenobia "Zen" Half Elven Cleric of Bastet

Appearance

My looks are nothing to write home about. It's clear when you get a good look at me that my northern bloodline and my southern bloodline got together and, in a manner of speaking, got busy. I've been told that my family tree winds back to Kerala on the one side and to a fallen sky city somewhere in the mountains of Garund. So, ears that tend towards pointy with a complexion that tends towards dusky. Others of my breed tend to have azure eyes and blonde hair. I didn't luck out in that department. What I got instead was broad shoulders, legs up to well.. there and height. I dress desert fashion, it just seems the right way. It sets me apart from others in these northern lands, but a change is as good as a rest, no? If you can't be as beautiful as others, be exotic. I wear armor beneath the robes and carry a polearm, the skill for which I got off my extended family, given that dad was in the wind. The symbols on my rainment mark me as a priestess of Bastet, not that many in these northern lands know this. Bastet is the Goddess of Rogues and Bards, and though I am neither I am a rather rogueish priestess. Like I said, I am an exotic.

Personality

I am told I am quirky, on occasion contrary. I can appreciate how others would see me this way. I just consider myself to be someone who adapts to changing situations. It is said that conforming to a losing stratagem and expecting a different result is the height of foolishness. I only heard that spoken the once, but once I heard it I could not forget it. It's with me forever, I can't unhear it. These words constitute a compass for me, a guiding principle that I hope will guide me to the fruition of my hopes. Your actions need to take into account your situation. There's more than one way to skin a cat, but as a priestess of Bastet, I wouldn't recommend one try that with this cat. So.. be flexible.. like water. Be strong.. like water. That's when you need to be.. Bastet is the Goddess of cats, desire, sensuality and secrets... somewhat like Calistria's nicer sister. I like cats, enjoy desire, indulge in sensuality when I can and as far secrets, well that's a secret. 

Background

I came to Sandpoint some years ago. I heard tell my father, the pointy eared influence, was living here. It would have been nice to meet the scoundrel, whom my mother told me I so took after. He had been living there, but wasn't by the time I arrived by ship. I have no idea where he went, but maybe he will come back. Although when I say no idea, it could be it's not Kerala but a forest just a little ways north of here.. a ruined city called Celwyvian, but you didn't hear that from me. I got turned back from there in no uncertain terms by elves a few years back. It was intimated to me at that time that a second meeting would be far less cordial, not that the first meeting was.

In the meantime, I have found Sandpoint to my liking, despite it being a lot less sandy than I was used to, and rather less pointy as well. After Osirion these environs are pretty relaxing. It was old Niska that took me in. At first I assumed it was because of my particular skillset.. I'm good in a fight and my eyes don't miss much, the seeing fine in utter darkness being another plus, though you didn't hear that from me. In any case, it eventually dawned on me that she thought of me as another of her granddaughters. I eventually returned the favor by considering her to be the grandmother I never had. I've  travelled with Koya, and Sandru Vhiski, her adopted son on the caravan to Riddleport, Magnimar and Korvosa. Just showing the fauchard has been enough to dissuade troublemakers on occasion. Heading to Tian will be more of the same, just a lot more. I imagine there will be a fair amount of trouble along the way, but you didn't hear that from me.  

Character sheet https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2704820

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Mechanics-wise:

• Your regional trait named "Quick Reactor" does not exist, as far as I can see
    • There is a region trait that grants the same effect named "Xa Hoi Soldier", however this therefore requires the character to be of Xa Hoi (Tian) origin
  • Skill points:  2 + Int mod (0) + FCB (1) + Background (2) = 5.  I'm not seeing where 6 comes from
  • Also don't understand where the +3 mod for Heal skill is coming from
  • Are the 2 Bonus Spells on the 1st level slots from domains?

Many thanks for the input.

I got it from the Pfsrd traits filter, maybe it's gone now?

Quick Reactor

Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Reflex saves.

Section 15: Copyright Notice
Pathfinder Player Companion: Dragon Empires Primer © 2011, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Tim Hitchcock and Colin McComb.

Judging from the source of the trait, it's the old name for Xa Hoi Soldier. Seems like too much of a coincidence that it's also Tian. The filter isn't as up to date as it used to be.

I can switch them around I think. Armor Master is a regional trait that gives -1ACP and so allows the combat trait to be deft dodger which seems non geographically specific.

- I will modify skill points. Had a higher int before then changed it. 

- Well I can't heal anyone without a healer's kit, but surgical tools adds +1 to the skill when it comes up and she somehow gets a healer's kit. Maybe I should just make a note under equipment? Might as well lose proficiency in heal skill until next level. I don't have a healer's kit anyway. 😉

- 1 spell is from cleric, one spell is from wis 13 (so that's one bonus spell) and one spell is domain (that's the second). 

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

14 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

Yeah if you flip through Dragon Empires Primer itself, as I did, the trait quick reactor is not printed on any of its pages. As I said, the one that is there that does provide +1 Ref is Xa Hoi Soldier.  Sorry >.<

If I was to guess they might have needed to avoid the specific name because of copyright issues. The SRD doesn't mention any of the Golarian locations or deities for(I would assume) the same reason.

7 minutes ago, Jubilant Thunder said:

If I was to guess they might have needed to avoid the specific name because of copyright issues. The SRD doesn't mention any of the Golarian locations or deities for(I would assume) the same reason.

I wouldn't be surprised.  That though does introduce some issues with rule adjudication, as clearly seen in this case.  That's why I stick primarily with AonPRD.

19 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

I wouldn't be surprised.  That though does introduce some issues with rule adjudication, as clearly seen in this case.  That's why I stick primarily with AonPRD.

I run into that problem frequently in the games I run.  Often times I see requirements for worshiping a particular deity that is changed to having a particular alignment.  Glad to see that you stick to AON.