Character Creation

Sorithar

52 minutes ago, Chaz Hoosier said:

@Sorithar Apparently Complete Warrior neglected to state what the starting gold for the Swashbuckler class is. Might I propose my character takes the same starting gold as a fighter?

Coincidentally, the errata puts it exactly at the Fighter’s starting gold, 6d4x10 gp. So yes, that’s fine.

30 minutes ago, Chaz Hoosier said:

Since ruahric seems to be coming back, and will presumably be taking up his barbarian again, will you still be looking to recruit a warrior character?

@rauhric, yes, hopefully so. Open to another warrior, yes, but our cleric is also apparently MIA, so open to reviewing cleric applications as well.

1 minute ago, Chaz Hoosier said:

Heh, well, that's great for the game and bad for my character concept, which I really can't imagine rejiggering as a cleric. :(

So don't. Like I said, still open to another warrior type as well.

@Sorithar Could I take Healing Hymn from Complete Champion?

Healing Hymn

When you play your healing hymn, your allies can cast curative spells more effectively. Furthermore, everyone around you feels rejuvenated and more fully rested when your hymn becomes a lullaby.

Level: 1st.

Replaces: This benefit replaces the fascinate bardic music ability.

Benefit: If you have 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill, you can use your music or poetics to create an area conducive to healing.

To be affected, an ally must be able to see and hear you perform. The effect lasts as long as you continue performing and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally who casts any conjuration (healing) spell gains a +1 sacred (if you're good or neutral) or profane (if you're evil) bonus on the roll for each rank you have in the Perform skill. This ability has no effect on spells cast from wands, scrolls, or other magic items. This bonus is limited by the maximum caster level bonus of a curing spell. For example, if a level 10 cleric cast cure serious while under the effect of healing hymn used by a bard with 10 ranks in perform, the cure serious spell would only cure 3d8+15 instead of 3d8+20.

In addition, if you use this ability for at least 1 minute before you and your allies retire for the night, everyone in the group heals naturally at the end of the rest as if he had completed 24 hours of best rest (thus recovering twice his character level in hit points). If the music is interrupted, the magic of the song is lost.

Either use of healing hymn counts as one daily use of your bardic music ability. This is a spell-like ability. Healing hymn lasts as long as you concentrate up to a maximum of 2 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Chaz Hoosier said:

@Sorithar Could I take Healing Hymn from Complete Champion?

Healing Hymn

When you play your healing hymn, your allies can cast curative spells more effectively. Furthermore, everyone around you feels rejuvenated and more fully rested when your hymn becomes a lullaby.

Level: 1st.

Replaces: This benefit replaces the fascinate bardic music ability.

Benefit: If you have 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill, you can use your music or poetics to create an area conducive to healing.

To be affected, an ally must be able to see and hear you perform. The effect lasts as long as you continue performing and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally who casts any conjuration (healing) spell gains a +1 sacred (if you're good or neutral) or profane (if you're evil) bonus on the roll for each rank you have in the Perform skill. This ability has no effect on spells cast from wands, scrolls, or other magic items. This bonus is limited by the maximum caster level bonus of a curing spell. For example, if a level 10 cleric cast cure serious while under the effect of healing hymn used by a bard with 10 ranks in perform, the cure serious spell would only cure 3d8+15 instead of 3d8+20.

In addition, if you use this ability for at least 1 minute before you and your allies retire for the night, everyone in the group heals naturally at the end of the rest as if he had completed 24 hours of best rest (thus recovering twice his character level in hit points). If the music is interrupted, the magic of the song is lost.

Either use of healing hymn counts as one daily use of your bardic music ability. This is a spell-like ability. Healing hymn lasts as long as you concentrate up to a maximum of 2 minutes.

Yes.

@Sorithar I suppose I could just make an NPC up, but is there a crotchety old retired bard or arcanist around Mistledale that Morn could have foisted himself upon to take the precocious apprentice feat? I'm thinking a reaction along the lines of "I didn't ask you to hoe my radish field, you are not my apprentice, GO AWAY!" 😁

Edit: Is Jhaer Brightsong, elf bard, still hanging around Abashenford? Noristuor the Mage seems like a possibility too...

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)

On 12/19/2023 at 3:45 PM, Chaz Hoosier said:

@Sorithar I suppose I could just make an NPC up, but is there a crotchety old retired bard or arcanist around Mistledale that Morn could have foisted himself upon to take the precocious apprentice feat? I'm thinking a reaction along the lines of "I didn't ask you to hoe my radish field, you are not my apprentice, GO AWAY!" 😁

Edit: Is Jhaer Brightsong, elf bard, still hanging around Abashenford? Noristuor the Mage seems like a possibility too...

Jhaer Brightsong (ef Brd) is about and is a good fit. If you're looking for someone more transient, then Llewellyn the Loquacious (a.k.a. the Loud) (hm Brd) is another option.

ร—
ร—