Character Creation

Sorithar

6 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Are you looking for any character classes in particular? I'm seeing a lot of rogues, which is unusual. Can I also ask which MW players are currently in the game?

I thought Baldr made all applicants read/confirm the "Game Expectations"?

1. The group currently consists of four players and characters, and is missing representation from the rogue class. We're looking to recruit one player and a rogue is the most likely option. That said, I have noted that I will take up to six players, so a random application that catches my eye might be invited along with a rogue-like character.  
  2. @Wiz, @Calrond, @Draidden, @rauhric
  3. You seem to have two application threads in this forum, is there a reason for this..?

1 hour ago, Sorithar said:
  1. You seem to have two application threads in this forum, is there a reason for this..?

New to Baldr and to 3.5 as it happens. I've no idea how I managed to create two applications. :(

Reminder to all that applications close tomorrow and I'd like to invite someone ASAP, so it would be good to try and wrap up any loose ends by tomorrow night.

After and new player/s is selected, I might be setting the game to private again, so if you'd like to stay abreast of developments, please PM me so I can give you access.

Cheers to all for the effort!

-S  

I just noticed a sample post and another comment about a posting template in the other player's application threads.

I wanted to check to make sure I did not miss a request for a posting template to be included with our applications.  

Please advise.  Thank you.  🙂

Thank you to all applicants for your hard work and imagination. I have sent an invite to the new player selected. I hope the rest of you will consider following this game and applying again if a new opening develops!

-S

• 8 months later...

In the year of our lord thirteen sixty-eight DR, patriots of D&D, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of battle near the White Hart Inn.

They fought like warrior poets. They fought like brave folks of the Weave.

And their applications won them their freedom to post.

• 3 weeks later...

@Sorithar request use of the Spiritual Connection Ranger AFC from Complete Champion pg50 please.

There is a caveat with this request though Sorithar. May I ask your opinion of the Urban Ranger in UA? I like the variant thinking it a balanced build option. In this case it would suit both the character and potential match with the group. Would it be feasible to use? I usually avoid going outside of official sources but think this might be worth asking, I see the Cloistered Cleric mentioned. If it is a go, I'll drop the Spiritual Connection Ranger request as wild empathy is nerfed in the Urban Ranger and wouldn't be an equivalent swap nor thematic.

Edited by Thramzorean (see edit history)

On 12/11/2023 at 11:49 PM, Chaz Hoosier said:

Are you recruiting to replace both the Barbarian and the Cleric characters?

Yes.

Last check we still had a Rogue, Ranger and a Wizard, so might want to keep that in mind when applying.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

On 12/14/2023 at 1:02 AM, Thramzorean said:

@Sorithar request use of the Spiritual Connection Ranger AFC from Complete Champion pg50 please.

There is a caveat with this request though Sorithar. May I ask your opinion of the Urban Ranger in UA? I like the variant thinking it a balanced build option. In this case it would suit both the character and potential match with the group. Would it be feasible to use? I usually avoid going outside of official sources but think this might be worth asking, I see the Cloistered Cleric mentioned. If it is a go, I'll drop the Spiritual Connection Ranger request as wild empathy is nerfed in the Urban Ranger and wouldn't be an equivalent swap nor thematic.

1. Spiritual Connection Ranger is fine.

2. Urban Ranger is fine, though I cannot say yet whether his skills will be more or less useful in this campaign when it picks up.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:05 AM, Chaz Hoosier said:

@Sorithar Would you allow Daring Outlaw from Complete Scoundrel? It wouldn't come up for a long while, but it would definitely be a load bearing feat for Morn's build if you know what I mean. 😆

Yes, that feat is fine.