Dice Roller

Lot of neat stuff on this baldr site, but the lack of an inline dice roller is a deal breaker for me. I hope we get some way to copy/paste rolls in the future. No way do I want to type in each roll. For now I think I'll stick to the OG site and check back in here from time to time for updates. 

I've had the same concern myself but its been pointed out that the dice roller IS very high priority. I agree that taking 6 steps to make one dice roll IS a problem, i'm hoping we're on the right track. But since its beta, there is no real NEED to use baldr right away unless you want to see how that sausage is made.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:42 AM, CharmingSatyr said:

This is more of a GM issue than a player one, but with the loss of inline dice rolls, you lose the ability to copy/paste rolls.  Especially in situations when you have a lot of identical rolls every round.

For example, my party of adventurers are in combat with a dozen mooks (goblins, mobsters, xenomorphs, or whatever is appropriate for the genre).  In the old system, I could just copy/paste the old block of combat rolls and reuse them.  No fuss, no muss.

Now, with each round I have to add each roll one at a time, which takes what was once a ten second task and significantly increases the amount of time it will take.

It would be nice if there was something to offset or replicate some of the utility that we're losing.

I strongly agree with this.  Being able to copy/paste rolls is a huge time saver for me.  Especially since I like to provide notations for each of the modifiers involved (2 BAB, +2 STR, -1 power attack, +1 weapon focus) etc. 

@OzzyKP Yep, that’s one of the things being looked at with the Dice Tower actually! Right now that’s the top dev focus (Tower feature additions and upgrades from the proof of concept), with a short gap in work because Eric is on vacation. 🙂

8 hours ago, Colin said:

@OzzyKP Yep, that’s one of the things being looked at with the Dice Tower actually! Right now that’s the top dev focus (Tower feature additions and upgrades from the proof of concept), with a short gap in work because Eric is on vacation. 🙂

Can you elaborate as to what that means?  Does that mean putting one roll into the 'dice tower', then clicking something to duplicate it, or does it mean you can copy a series of rolls, with context around them, from a repository of ready activities or standard actions from some other source, as is possible on the original site?

37 minutes ago, CraziFuzzy said:

Can you elaborate as to what that means?  Does that mean putting one roll into the 'dice tower', then clicking something to duplicate it, or does it mean you can copy a series of rolls, with context around them, from a repository of ready activities or standard actions from some other source, as is possible on the original site?

Options are still being looked at for what can be done and in what form it can be done in.

I think the biggest issue right now for everyone is the inability to roll multiple dice at a time, so looking at that format and being able to duplicate dice or save dice roll types somehow is on the list to tackle as soon as Eric gets back.

It should be easy enough to be able to enter all your dice in some format (line by line, or from a preset formula) and then send them to the tower all at once instead of clicking once for each dice which is currently a pain in the but.

The implementation is still TBD. As stated here, I'm planning to start gathering requirements (aka user input) for dice functionality upon return from vacation, on or around July 18. I definitely want to hear what would be best for you and your games.