Thread Page Post Formatting

CharmingSatyr

Currently, a thread with multiple pages will show full pages first, and the last page can have as few as one post.  Generally speaking, this is totally cool.  However, it becomes something of a nuisance when trying to continue a conversation or update a game.  In my current game, for example, I have 4 players posts on the penultimate page, and the fifth's player's post on the last page.  Trying to make a GM post to move the combat forward under these circumstances requires me to flip back and forth between two different pages as I look at actions, rolls, character stats, etc. 

Is there a way to have pages formatted so that the last page is a full page?

If there's already an option to do that then ... well ... I guess I'll just take my dunce cap and sit in the corner.

Back on OGMW i always put the posts-per-page at its max. I don't know what the max is on baldr - or if you can change it - but it helped because the likelihood that you'll have to post to a post on an empty page is less likely, but it still happens.

Being me, i'd choose to literally not have pages and just have one huge long page but my brain just works that way.

Edit: Also i have to say that every time i see you post somewhere i have a moment of cognitive dissonance because i've used that avatar you have in hundreds of places over the years and every time i see it, for just a split second, i think its my post. lol

Edited by Neopopulas (see edit history)

Currently it’s a global setting for posts per page. We have it on our requests list (along with a few other small items) to make that user-configurable, but it’ll require a plugin to make that happen if it looks viable (I can’t speak to viability, that’s programmer territory).

It is not viable to change posts per page on a per-user basis, as it will break a great many things in Invision Community. Their development team wrote a long blog post explaining their rationale for making it fixed.

I understand the ask and the reason for it. We can put it on the feature request list to see if there's something clever that can be done.

1 hour ago, bwatford said:

@CharmingSatyr my solution for this problem is to just open another tab. That way it is easier to handle instead of doing it all in one tab.

Also, i use notepad/wordpad to process game updates into before copying and pasting in the results to the forum.

My methodology already has me working in multiple tabs.  One to read for reference.  One for rolling dice.  One for the post I'm writing.  One for notes from previous combat rounds for continuity (e.g. "four rounds until reinforcements arrive" or "enemy cleric has cast CLWx3 and CMW twice.").  That's not including tabs for roll20, d20pfsrd, and .PDFs for the AP/module itself.  

I may have to experiment with a word processing program and see if that fits into my workflow.