Chapter 1: A Call for Heroes | Part 1: The Swordlord's Feast

bwatford

Nicolay Surtova - Chaotic good Human Noble Sorcerer 1 https://i.imgur.com/y9DNaZL.png

AC: 12 | HP: 8/8 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 11 | Darkvision : 60 ft | Spell Slots : 1st 2/2 | Save vs Death:

Spells knownCANTRIPS (Sorcerer)

Mind Sliver, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shape Water

FIRST LEVEL (Sorcerer)

Shield, Magic Missile, Arms of Hadar, Dissonant Whispers
| Ability scores/skills/savesStrength 8 (-1)
Save -1
Athletics -1

Dexterity 14 (+2)
Save +2
Acrobatics +4 | Sleight of Hand +2 | Stealth +2

Constitution 14 (+2)
Save +4
No skills associated.

Intelligence 12 (+1)
Save +1
Arcana +1 | History +1 | Investigation +1 | Nature +1 | Religion +1

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +1
Animal Handling +1 | Insight +3 | Medicine +1 | Perception +1 | Survival +1

Charisma 16 (+3)
Save +0
Deception +5 | Intimidation +5 | Performance +3 | Persuasion +5
| Spellcasting modsSorcerer - Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack Mod: +5 | Proficiencies-Tools: Disguise kit

- Instruments: None

-Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaves, light crossbows

- Armors: None
| Special actionsTELEPATHIC SPEECH

Starting at 1st level, you can form a telepathic connection between your mind and the mind of another. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. You and the chosen creature can speak telepathically with each other while the two of you are within a number of miles of each other equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 mile). To understand each other, you each must speak mentally in a language the other knows.

The telepathic connection lasts for a number of minutes equal to your sorcerer level. It ends early if you are incapacitated or die or if you use this ability to form a connection with a different creature.

TELEKINETIC

You learn the mage hand cantrip. You can cast it without verbal or somatic components, and you can make the spectral hand invisible. If you already know this spell, its range increases by 30 feet when you cast it. Its spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.

As a bonus action, you can try to telekinetically shove one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. When you do so, the target must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + the ability modifier of the score increased by this feat) or be moved 5 feet toward or away from you. A creature can willingly fail this save.

Nico is satisfied of the discussion with Maegar.  They exchanged quite a lot about their knowledge and ambitions, and took great note about his plan for Nomen Heights.  It will be quite useful to maintain communication with him, and help to provide resources and main power between each other as they are developing their settlement. 

''It was quite a pleasure to meet and talk with you, Lord Varn.  I wish you only the best and will keep contact with you.  I'll take my leave.  Cheerio!'' he says to the man, bowing and waving the hand gallantly in front of him, which Maegar responded with a polite nod of the head. 

He directly goes toward Linzi.  This bard got his attention earlier, but Killian was already talking with her and he didn't wanted to be the third wheel between two bards discussing their craft a second time in his life - he's here to talk and mingle, not get drunk while they both shows their repertory of songs and stories as a background noise.  He walks toward the small woman slowly, the left arm hand in the back as he studies her before engaging Not my usual style too, but I had to romp with worse... Ugh, let these impure thoughts aside and be serious.  A weather worn cloak, meaning she's well traveled... It doesn't take a genius to guess this from a bard... large leather-bound journal - may be a good topic to start.  Let the show begin!

''Young lady, you seem to be quite focused on this book of yours, but at the same time, I see that you are observing the people at the banquet with interest.  May I take a look at what you are working on?  Maybe I can give you a grain of salt on this important work of yours.'' 

Before she can answer, he slaps his forehead dramatically and continues ''But where are my manners?'' - he bows slightly the right arm across the chest - ''My name is Nicolay Sartova.  You are Linzi if I remember right?''

He takes a chair and places himself at her side, smiling as he puts his arms in front of him extended between the legs, the fingers crossed.  His face shows that he's waiting with anticipation that she will accept his offer, with a long smile and round puppy eyes ''Please, indulge me with the pleasure of seeing your work.  I promise that I'll keep my opinion positive, and constructive.''

He tries his best to share his cultural knowledge and opinion about her work, but also indulge her into facts and stories he knows about the notorious people and the nobles reunited at the banquet.

Edited by Harding (see edit history)
Name
History check enriched by political knowledge of the people there
1d20+3 6
Advantage, because politics
1d20+3 19

Orchard - Fairy Rangerspacer.png

AC: 18 | HP: 12/12 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13

In truth, Orchard feels he could spend the whole affair just silently sitting back and people watching. He's learned that sometimes a deal isn't struck until the second, third, or even tenth meeting. And yet... he feels drawn to try. Perhaps he wants to pull his own weight, maybe it's the anticipation of adventure giving him confidence... Orchard himself doesn't know why he finds himself thinking of who to approach.

Of those that haven't seemed to be won over as much, and who aren't currently talking to one of his companions, Orchard readies himself to speak with the Gnome. 

Speaking in Gnomish, Orchard tries to start things on the right foot. "You seem to be above all of this, whereas I'm admittedly under it all. I'm not sure if that makes us opposites or have something in common. I'd love to know what gives you your confidence."

The words are genuine enough, though chosen to ensure that Orchard's lower status is both accepted and expressed to a man who seems to care a great deal of his vaunted position he seems to have. If nothing else, Orchard figures it'll be educational to learn a little more. 

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Persuasion on Tartuccio
Bonus Action: -
Move: -
Manipulate: -

HD: 1/1d10

Foe Slayer: 2/2

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)
Name
Persuasion on Tartuccio
1d20+2 13

image.png.eb8d450b2b96d03fe6abe3c9ff5f680c.png

Chapter 1: A Call for Heroes Part 1: The Swordlord's Feast

Killian continued to chat with Harrim at the feast in polite conversation about his faith.

Ottokar had excused himself away from Amiri and spent some time watching Jaethal, who sat mostly silent at the table. Not one for much conversation.

It was Anya that broke Jaethral out of her shell, if just a little as the intimidating presence of Anya stood next to her and asked her of her purpose. Anya learned that Jaethal was exiled from Kyonin after a tragedy (no details on the specific event), and she hopes to find a place in a new society. A nascent nation like the one that may soon grow in the Stolen Lands is an excellent opportunity for such a fresh start. 
1 influence point earned.

Nicolay tried to ply his charm toward Linzi as he came in trying to compare her work to those in history to give her some pointers, and while Linzi was polite during the conversation, she was not impressed with the sorcerer's knowledge of history or politics.
Linzi cannot be influenced by history checks or politics.

Likewise, Orchard tried to speak to Tartuccio but the sorcerer's arrogance and sense of superiority caused him to actually snub the Ranger as if he was way above his station.
Orchard suffers a -2 to influence Tartuccio for the remainder of the event. DC 19 needed to use persuasion on Tartuccio.

The Great Hall
8:20 pm
Oathday (Thursday), 24th of Calistril (February), 4710 AR

SCENE INSTRUCTIONS
HEROES FEAST
ROUND 5 of 6

During the feast, the PCs have time to chat among themselves or with the NPCs whose table they share. The NPCs described here are destined to become some of the PCs’ allies and enemies as Kingmaker unfolds. The feast plays out over the next two hours, broken into six separate 20-minute rounds. In each round, each PC can attempt to Influence or Discover information about one NPC at their table. For several of these NPCs, influence awards shift the NPC’s starting attitude for determining how they react to the PCs when they next meet.

Influence - You attempt to make a favorable impression on an NPC to convince the NPC to support your cause. Choose an NPC, and attempt a skill check of your choice that relates to the conversation to impress that NPC. The DC, and whether success is possible, depend on the NPC’s preferences to the skill check and the type of conversation you are having. You must RP the conversation but please limit it to a paragraph or so and don't bombard them with a ton of questions at once or it could lead to them becoming your enemy quickly.

Discover - You watch or study an NPC to learn more about that NPC’s likes or dislikes or how best to influence them. Choose an NPC and attempt a Perception check or an Insight skill check (your choice). You don't have conversation when you discover as you are just observing.

Show NPC's 

spacer.png

Amiri
Amiri is a tall and muscular human woman, clad in a mix of animal skins, leathers, and battle-scarred hide armor. She wears a massive greatsword in a leather scabbard across her back.
Influence Points: 5
Attitude: Friendly

spacer.png

Harrim
Harrim is a middle-aged dwarf cleric with a bald head and a long, salt-and-pepper beard. He wears a religious symbol of Groetus, God of the End Times.
Influence Skills: Performance DC 17
Weakness: Harrim is eager to speak to other dwarves. A dwarf character gains a +2 bonus on checks to Influence him.

Influence Points: 3

spacer.png

Jaethal
Jaethal is deathly pale and wears dark clothing. Her raven-black hair is long, and she has no jewelry. Leaning against the table next to her is a massive, wickedly sharp scythe.
Influence Skills: Deception DC 17
Influence Points: 1

spacer.png

Linzi
Linzi is a young halfling woman wearing leather armor and a weather-worn cloak. She keeps a large leather-bound journal in front of her, into which she sketches profile images of everyone present at the table and scribbles occasional notes and verses for tunes she’ll never finish.
Influence Points: 0

spacer.png

Maegar Varn
Maegar is a ruggedly handsome man with a constant shadow of a beard on his jaw; he wears his dark gray hair in a small bun. He carries a distinctive sword that bears the crest of House Varn—four hatchets arranged in a circle—on its pommel guard.
Influence Points: 4 (MAX)
Attitude: Helpful

spacer.png

Tartuccio
Impeccably dressed in fine robes and silks, Tartuccio looks more like a stately gnome prince than an actual adventurer.
Orchard suffers a -2 to influence Tartuccio for the remainder of the event.
Influence Skills: Persuasion DC 19

spacer.png

Valerie
Valerie is a tall, exceptionally beautiful woman with striking blue eyes and a warrior’s physique.
Influence Points: 2

Show Active Maps

No Maps Currently Active!!

Show Bookkeeping

PASSIVE PERCEPTION

Anya 13 | Orchard 13 | Ottokar 13 | Killian 11 | Nicolay 11

INITIATIVE
Not Currently in Use.
MECHANICS

Not Currently in Use.

CONDITIONS

Not Currently in Use.

DESCRIPTIONS

Not Currently in Use.

ANYA SURTOVA

Hit Points: 9/9
Hit Dice: 1/1
Spell Slots: (ATK +5, DC 13) *L

• 1st Level: 2/2 

DM Inspiration: 1/1
Experience Points: 0 / 300

KILLIAN RAVENHOLD

Hit Points: 11/11 (Resist:poiosn; ADVSAV: poisoned)
Bardic Inspiration: 3/3 *L

NICOLAY SURTOVA

Hit Points: 8/8

ORCHARD

Hit Points: 12/12
Favored Foe: 1/1 *L

OTTOKAR PRIDEBRAND

Hit Points: 13/13 (Resist:poiosn; ADVSAV: charmed, poisoned, stunned)
Second Wind: 1/1 *S

To say that Orchard's attempt to speak with Tartuccio is disheartening is an understatement. It becomes clear early on that Tartuccio wants little to do with the rustic, rural kid and Orchard can see it. He tries, but it's not long before his sentences go unfinished, and he slinks away embarrassed. 

It's not the sort of rejection to scar him for life, but in the moment Orchard feels the doubt and awkwardness flush in his cheeks. It's little surprise then that he steps back again to observe, feeling more in his comfort zone once more.

As his jade eyes flicker from one person to the next, he realizes that there's been little that's won over the young Halfling woman. Orchard takes his time to see what might be more effective for her, try to understand why she's going on this quest. He also considers his own experience with Halflings, a people he looks similar to, and who he admires many of, though there's been more than one time he's been mistaken for one and had to explain he doesn't speak the language. In fact, he's lost count of the times. 

Mechanics

Action: Insight on Linzi

Name
Insight on Linzi
1d20+7 19

Ottokar Pridebrand - Duergar Fighter 1 spacer.png 

AC: 16 | HP: 13/13 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 13

The pale elf was beyond him, and the rest... well, of the rest, maybe one seemed maybe worth talking to in any way he knew how to. He made his way over to the armored woman, looking at her gear with the appraising gaze of a warrior. He nodded appreciatively.

"S'good set of armor," he said, gesturing to the gear, "You wear it well, hard to do that. Nice to see capable folks around. Seem the sort that folks heading into danger would need by their side. Need folks like us, yeah?"

Mechanics

Action: 
Bonus Action: 
Move: 
Manipulate: 

Name
Athletics with Valerie
1d20+5 6

Killian Ravenhold - Dwarven Bard 1 :  - Character Sheet

spacer.png

AC: 12 | HP: 11/11 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 11 | Darkvision : 60 ft
Bardic Inspiration : 3/3 | Spell Slots : 1st 2/2
Dwarven Resilience | Haughty Obstinacy | DM Inspiration:  0 | Death Saves : 0/0

Features

Dwarven Resilience

-ADV vs Poison Saves

-Resistance vs Poison Damage

Dwarven Toughness (+1 HP / LVL) 

Stonecunning : Expertise History Stonework

Languages : Common, Dwarven, Elven

Tools : Possess + Proficient : Cartography

Tools : Proficient Thieves, Masons, Smiths

+ 1 Proficiency TBD

Killian thanked Harrim for his detailed explanations on the pleasant topic of doom and dismay. 

"I must say this has been very, educational."

Then Killian allowed himself to listen quietly for a few moments before wading back into conversation. This time, thinking something a bit lighter would be enjoyable.

"The Fabulous Infamous Linzi. You have quite a reputation amongst the nobles here. They speak adoringly about your art and performance. What new songs are you excited about? Anything I might know?"

Killian drank his cider with relish. The serving staff happily kept it full, and Killian happily emptied it again and again. Before the night was through, someone would need to float him out of here. 

"Fascinating. Extraordinary. And this notebook? I see you've been busy capturing the guests. Shall we coin some verses for the Mighty Heroes gathered here today? Oh, Linzi. Let me see that. Wow. This image here certainly is dark and sinister. I wonder what someone might say or do to offend you so much? Proves the point I suppose? Never offend the minstrel, lest she immortalize your shame."

Killian was almost stunned when he saw the sketch. It featured something entirely different from most of her portraits. Where the sketches of Amiri and Anya were full of life, capturing their best angles in the best light... The image of the nasty fellow was dark and sinister. He must have offended her deeply. 

Killian hoped he never offended her so harshly. 

Mechanics : 

INFLUENCE a Linzi with Performance 3.

Performance 3

Darkvision 60 ft 

Main Hand: 
Off Hand:  Horn

Action:  ...
Bonus Action:  ...
Move:  ...
Manipulate:  ...
Concentration: ...

Weapons: 
Dagger : +3 To Hit / 1d4+1 P DMG / (20/60) Melee / Thrown / Light / Finesse 
Light Hammer : +3 To Hit / 1d4+1 B DMG / (20/60) Melee / Thrown / Light
Javelin : +3 To Hit / 1d6+1 P DMG / (30/120) Melee / Thrown
Light Xbow : +3 To Hit / 1d8+1 P DMG / (80/320) Range / Ammunition / Loading 

Spells Prepared
Cantrips : 
Blade Ward
Vicious Mockery

1st Level Spells :
Comprehend Languages (Ritual)
Detect Magic (Ritual) (Conc)
Unseen Servant (Ritual) 
Healing Word (B)

Stonecunning = Expert = +4
Athletics = +3
Arcana = +2
History + +2
Deception = +5
Persuasion = +5 
Outcast Noble Charisma vs Nobility = Disadvantage
Haughty Obstinacy : ADV Saves vs Charm effects (that seek to control my actions)
Haughty Obstinacy : Opponents Have Disadvantage to Intimidate Me

OOC : 

Trying to INFLUENCE Linzi in phase 5 of social scene.

Using Performance +3

Chatting about her artwork, and bantering back and forth about favorite songs. 

Edited by Sweegy One
Performance 11: IF advantage 16 (see edit history)
Name
Influence Linzi Performance 3
1d20+3 8
Advantage from Nicolay
1d20+3 3

Nicolay Surtova - Chaotic good Human Noble Sorcerer 1 https://i.imgur.com/y9DNaZL.png

AC: 12 | HP: 8/8 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 11 | Darkvision : 60 ft | Spell Slots : 1st 2/2 | Save vs Death:

FIRST LEVEL (Sorcerer)

Save -1
Athletics -1

Dexterity 14 (+2)
Save +2

Constitution 14 (+2)
Save +4
No skills associated.

Intelligence 12 (+1)
Save +1

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +1

Charisma 16 (+3)
Save +0
| Spellcasting modsSorcerer - Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack Mod: +5 | Proficiencies-Tools: Disguise kit

Starting at 1st level, you can form a telepathic connection between your mind and the mind of another. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. You and the chosen creature can speak telepathically with each other while the two of you are within a number of miles of each other equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 mile). To understand each other, you each must speak mentally in a language the other knows.

The telepathic connection lasts for a number of minutes equal to your sorcerer level. It ends early if you are incapacitated or die or if you use this ability to form a connection with a different creature.

TELEKINETIC

You learn the mage hand cantrip. You can cast it without verbal or somatic components, and you can make the spectral hand invisible. If you already know this spell, its range increases by 30 feet when you cast it. Its spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.

As a bonus action, you can try to telekinetically shove one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. When you do so, the target must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + the ability modifier of the score increased by this feat) or be moved 5 feet toward or away from you. A creature can willingly fail this save.

Nico is eventually getting the cue that Linzi is uninterested by anything he's bringing to the table.  But Killian arrives and is try to ply his charms with her once more.  He feels relieved, and decides to let him lead the conversation, only adding his two cents now and there.

''...I particularly like this picture of Anya.  You did capture her great qualities and left out her dark and sinister aura!  Hahaha!...''

''... I know this song, but I'm not a good interpret like my friend Killian here.  Did you know that he made an impressing version combining Dwarven lyric in canon with Elven one!  Killian, let's show her how it's done.  I'll go in Elven, of course...''

OOC

Help another: Killian Performance skill check

spacer.png

AC: 12 | HP: 11/11 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 11 | Darkvision : 60 ft

Features

Dwarven Resilience

-ADV vs Poison Saves

+ 1 Proficiency TBD

Killian laughed heartily, thankful as ever for his friends presence. Nicolay had a way of schmoozing that was admirable. 

"If you get him tipsy enough, you might actually convince him to break out his Dwarven impressions, and that's quite the show."

Killian laughed, but was happy to dive into the song

Mechanics : 

Nicolay providing Assistance. Advantage?

Performance 3

Darkvision 60 ft 

Main Hand: 

Weapons: 

Spells Prepared
Cantrips : 
Blade Ward
Vicious Mockery

1st Level Spells :
Unseen Servant (Ritual) 
Healing Word (B)

Athletics = +3
Arcana = +2
History + +2
Deception = +5
Persuasion = +5 
Haughty Obstinacy : ADV Saves vs Charm effects (that seek to control my actions)

OOC : 

Trying to INFLUENCE Linzi in phase 5 of social scene.

Using Performance +3

Nicolay providing Assistance. 

Edited by Sweegy One (see edit history)
Name
IF Advantage : Performance Linzi
1d20+3 13

Anya Surtova - Human Clericspacer.png

AC: 13 | HP: 9/9 | Initiative: +0 | Passive Perception: 13

Anya watches as Nico and his party friend carouse with the halfling sage.

Well, perhaps something will come of that. Maybe they can find what she sees as her role in this affair. Recording history? Finagling a place in one of the other of Lady Aldori's schemes?

She ponders a thought. If I were a criminal sort, it might make sense to play the quiet observer, so as to glean some useful tidbits while giving away little. She then realizes that such a description might as well fit herself. She chuckles.

Jaethal looks up at Anya's quiet mirth. Anya apologizes.

"Sorry, I was observing my cousin's attempts at banter with the halfing sage over there." She points at Nico and Linzi across the room, then grabs another glass of wine from a passing servant.

She takes a sip, then again turns her direct attention back to Jaethal.

"So, you are looking for a fresh start in a new society. Have you given any thought to what sort of society might be carved out of these new lands? Personally, I've been toying with the idea of something different - perhaps ruled by a council, either made up of prominent figures of power, or even chosen by the people themselves. New lands, new ways of doing things. Might make for a good opportunity for a fresh start."

Mechanics

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

HD: 1/1d8

OOC

Anya will try to build on her tentative opening with the quiet yet dangerous Elf woman. She tries to demonstrate that she is a thinker, looking several moves ahead on the chess game that will play out in the Stolen Lands.

Name
Persuasion
1d20+4 6

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.eb8d450b2b96d03fe6abe3c9ff5f680c.png

Chapter 1: A Call for Heroes Part 1: The Swordlord's Feast

Orchard spends the next twnety minutes studying Linzi intently, the halfling woman wa intriguing to watch, it was easy to see that the woman was interested in history (DC 13) as it pertained to trading gossip and news about favorite artisand or performers. And it was pretty easy to notice that Linzi is eager to find someone she thinks will be the true hero of the Stolen Lands, and if someone would attempts to influence her by bragging or citing their accomplishments or heroic goals, they would gain an advantage with her (+2 bonus on checks to Influence Linzi)
Influence Skills: History DC 13 (trading gossip and news about favorite artisan or performers)
Weakness: Linzi is eager to find someone she thinks will be the true hero of the Stolen Lands, and if a character attempts to Influence anyone at the feast by bragging or citing their accomplishments or heroic goals, they gain a +2 bonus on checks to Influence Linzi.

Ottokar tried to strike up a meaningful conversation with Valerie but she remained guarded agianst his efforts, and his attempt fell on deaf ears.  She didn't ignore him, but just nodding politely every now and then.
Athletics can not be used to influence Valerie.

Killian's sudden fascination with Linzi's drawings brought a giggle forth from the halfling as she invited the dwarf to sit and go through her caractures of each member of the party. Linzi, Killian, and Nicolay had a nice conversation about each drawing. It was a nice icebreaker for the bards, one bard to another, and even the sorcerer found the conversation fascinating. Soon it all turned to song as the bard's entertained those around them.
2 influence point earned.

Anya tried to conversate with Jaethral after breaking the woman out of her shell but she quickly clamed back up and it quickly became like talking to the dead, the woman barely responded and seemed to lack any interest in the conversation any longer. It seemed Anya was just not engaging enough or did not speak of the right things to her.
1 influence point lost.

The Great Hall
8:40 pm
Oathday (Thursday), 24th of Calistril (February), 4710 AR

SCENE INSTRUCTIONS
HEROES FEAST
ROUND 6 of 6 FINAL ROUND

During the feast, the PCs have time to chat among themselves or with the NPCs whose table they share. The NPCs described here are destined to become some of the PCs’ allies and enemies as Kingmaker unfolds. The feast plays out over the next two hours, broken into six separate 20-minute rounds. In each round, each PC can attempt to Influence or Discover information about one NPC at their table. For several of these NPCs, influence awards shift the NPC’s starting attitude for determining how they react to the PCs when they next meet.

Influence - You attempt to make a favorable impression on an NPC to convince the NPC to support your cause. Choose an NPC, and attempt a skill check of your choice that relates to the conversation to impress that NPC. The DC, and whether success is possible, depend on the NPC’s preferences to the skill check and the type of conversation you are having. You must RP the conversation but please limit it to a paragraph or so and don't bombard them with a ton of questions at once or it could lead to them becoming your enemy quickly.

Discover - You watch or study an NPC to learn more about that NPC’s likes or dislikes or how best to influence them. Choose an NPC and attempt a Perception check or an Insight skill check (your choice). You don't have conversation when you discover as you are just observing.

Show NPC's 

spacer.png

Amiri
Amiri is a tall and muscular human woman, clad in a mix of animal skins, leathers, and battle-scarred hide armor. She wears a massive greatsword in a leather scabbard across her back.
Influence Points: 5

spacer.png

Harrim
Harrim is a middle-aged dwarf cleric with a bald head and a long, salt-and-pepper beard. He wears a religious symbol of Groetus, God of the End Times.
Influence Skills: Performance DC 17
Weakness: Harrim is eager to speak to other dwarves. A dwarf character gains a +2 bonus on checks to Influence him.

Influence Points: 3

spacer.png

Jaethal
Jaethal is deathly pale and wears dark clothing. Her raven-black hair is long, and she has no jewelry. Leaning against the table next to her is a massive, wickedly sharp scythe.
Influence Skills: Deception DC 17
Influence Points: 0

spacer.png

Linzi
Linzi is a young halfling woman wearing leather armor and a weather-worn cloak. She keeps a large leather-bound journal in front of her, into which she sketches profile images of everyone present at the table and scribbles occasional notes and verses for tunes she’ll never finish.
Influence Skills: History DC 13 (trading gossip and news about favorite artisand or performers)
Weakness: Linzi is eager to find someone she thinks will be the true hero of the Stolen Lands, and if a character attempts to Influence anyone at the feast by bragging or citing their accomplishments or heroic goals, they gain a +2 bonus on checks to Influence Linzi.

spacer.png

Maegar Varn
Maegar is a ruggedly handsome man with a constant shadow of a beard on his jaw; he wears his dark gray hair in a small bun. He carries a distinctive sword that bears the crest of House Varn—four hatchets arranged in a circle—on its pommel guard.
Influence Points: 4 (MAX)

spacer.png

Tartuccio
Impeccably dressed in fine robes and silks, Tartuccio looks more like a stately gnome prince than an actual adventurer.
Orchard suffers a -2 to influence Tartuccio for the remainder of the event.
Influence Skills: Persuasion DC 19

spacer.png

Valerie
Valerie is a tall, exceptionally beautiful woman with striking blue eyes and a warrior’s physique.

Show Active Maps

No Maps Currently Active!!

Show Bookkeeping

PASSIVE PERCEPTION

Anya 13 | Orchard 13 | Ottokar 13 | Killian 11 | Nicolay 11

INITIATIVE
Not Currently in Use.
MECHANICS

Not Currently in Use.

CONDITIONS

Not Currently in Use.

DESCRIPTIONS

Not Currently in Use.

ANYA SURTOVA

Hit Points: 9/9

KILLIAN RAVENHOLD

Hit Points: 11/11 (Resist:poiosn; ADVSAV: poisoned)
Bardic Inspiration: 3/3 *L

NICOLAY SURTOVA

Hit Points: 8/8

ORCHARD

Hit Points: 12/12
Favored Foe: 1/1 *L

OTTOKAR PRIDEBRAND

Hit Points: 13/13 (Resist:poiosn; ADVSAV: charmed, poisoned, stunned)
Second Wind: 1/1 *S

Orchard passes along with observations of Linzi. A little bit of humility, a little bit of self-deprecation makes Orchard feel he's the last person who should speak with the Halfling. If she's indeed looking for who'll be the hero of the Stolen Lands surely it'll be one of the others. The merchants are the ones who trade and sell the right item to the hero, are not the ones whose efforts are praised in story and song.

And Orchard feels content with that.

Of those guests who still seem cool towards the group, Orchard feels his best chance at a decent first impression is with Valerie. Tartuccio didn't work out well, and Jaethal is more than a little intimidating. 

"Greeting Lady Valerie. I am... well, just here to help out a little. With trade. Couldn't help but think the animals will be a part of that. Livestock, companions, perhaps most important horses. Don't suppose you'd have an opinion on that, what you'd recommend and not? Have but a few ideas of my own..."

It feels as if the chatter is starting to die down, a relief to the out-of-place young man. Still, successful or not he accepts he's done his best. 

Mechanics

Action: Animal Handling check with Valerie

Name
Animal Handling (knowledge) with Valerie
1d20+5 12

spacer.png

Features

Dwarven Resilience

-ADV vs Poison Saves

+ 1 Proficiency TBD

Killian made his rounds as the evening was coming to a close. He met many new people, as there were apparently several expeditions heading into different regions of the Stolen Lands. Speaking with the leaders of those expeditions, and if the rumours floating about could be trusted, it seemed that some of those regions would be very dangerous. As challenging as the Greenbelt sounds, it seems that it's the breadbasket of the region, and comparatively tame. Killian listened to the hopes and fears of those leaving on the expeditions, and those wishing them safe travels. The banquet waas a joyous event, helping to soothe fears and anxiety for many. Killian spent a few minutes with Harrim and others again, the Priest still teaching everyone in earshot abiut the End of Days. Killian enjoyed the food, and the conversations, but he found himself returning to visit again, with young Linzi. Killian was feeling some sort of kindred spirit in her. 

"I hope you've been enjoying the evening Linzi. Have you learned anything new and fantastic? And who are your favorite artists? Who inspires your work? I know, I have drawn great inspiration from ancient Dwarven and Elven masters, myself. Personally, I find Tian influence to be quite inspiring. What are your favorite classic influences Linzi?" 

Killian listened to her before adding his own insights

"Well, it seems that we won the lottery in regions. The Greenbelt might seem a bit tame, a bit boring to some of those mercenary bands, but if a fraction of the legends of the region are true, we stand to uncover many timeless treasures. The history of the region, is fantastic. If we can recover the ancient Elven and Dwarven kingdoms, imagine the songs that will be sung of our triumphs? For thousands of years, bards will tell tales of Linzi and Killian, the heroic chronicles of the liberation and reclamation of the Stolen Lands! Kings and Queens for generations, will owe their crowns, to what we do tomorrow." 

Mechanics : 

Nicolay providing Assistance. Advantage?

Performance 3

Darkvision 60 ft 

Main Hand: 

Weapons: 

Spells Prepared
Cantrips : 
Blade Ward
Vicious Mockery

1st Level Spells :
Unseen Servant (Ritual) 
Healing Word (B)

Athletics = +3
Arcana = +2
History + +2
Deception = +5
Persuasion = +5 

OOC : 

Trying to INFLUENCE Linzi in phase 6 

Using History +2 (and trying to be boastful) 

Edited by Sweegy One (see edit history)
Name
Influence Linzi : History (+Boasting)
1d20+2 12

Anya Surtova - Human Clericspacer.png

AC: 13 | HP: 9/9 | Initiative: +0 | Passive Perception: 13

Anya takes a deep breath. The festivities seem to be moving to a relatively satisfactory conclusion. She takes mental inventory of the evening.

Managed not to offend anyone too badly. She glances at the dark elf. Hopefully. May even have made some possible allies for later. She surveys the room. The figure of Amiri catches her eye. Ah yes, Otto suggested I speak with her. Seems like the perfect way to wrap up the evening. 

Anya walks up, while giving the barbarian woman an appraising eye. "Greetings, Amiri. Otto thought we might both enjoy meeting each other." She smiles over her glass. "You quite impressed him. I was watching your feats of strength. You seem... formidable."

Anya's demeanor is playful. This meeting she saved for last for a reason. She knows how things must look from across the room. Her petite frame next to Amiri's brawn. Her silk gown next to rough furs. A study in contrasts.

Mechanics

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

HD: 1/1d8

OOC

Anya feels like the pressure is off for the evening. Amiri is so NOT a political creature. This is a chance to just meet someone interesting. Persuasion seems the best skill to use to just make a new friend.

Name
Persuasion
1d20+4 10

Ottokar Pridebrand - Duergar Fighter 1 spacer.png 

AC: 16 | HP: 13/13 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 13

Well, that wasn't working... as the night wore on, Ottokar could not help but think he truly was out of place. Such nicieties were beyond him... there was one, though, who may at least listen... well, two, perhaps, but the noble woman seemed to have stepped up to the imposing barbarian, leaving one other options for the duergar. His surface kin had spoken up, and perhaps driven by a sense of pride he felt a desire to outdo them...

"Not many folks here seem to really have much spirit," he said, stepping up to the halfling, "Perhaps legends will be told of things to come, yes. As for me, it's another day. I already fought my way here, see... came from across the Hold of Belkzen! Crawling with orcs, that place is... but with my own two hands I fought here, and down the rivers... survived that, the River Kingdoms... the Stolen Lands? I'll steal them, alright... and I suppose my cousin here will be there too."

The duergar flexed somewhat as he spoke of his deeds... leaving out some of the more unsavory portions he thought might not be so good for sensitive ears. Best to focus on the fights, less the pillaging...

Mechanics

Action: 
Bonus Action: 
Move: 
Manipulate: 

Edited by Nasdaq (see edit history)
Name
Athletics Boasting
1d20+7 19

FIRST LEVEL (Sorcerer)

Save -1
Athletics -1

Dexterity 14 (+2)
Save +2

Constitution 14 (+2)
Save +4
No skills associated.

Intelligence 12 (+1)
Save +1

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +1

Charisma 16 (+3)
Save +0

TELEKINETIC

Nico is starting to feel the effects of the alcohol now.  He's not yet slurring his words, but he comes a little bit too friendly with Linzi, and his last bit of common sense is stopping him from making a mess of Killian effort schmoozing the Halfling.  He excuses himself over the excuse of the need to take care of his basic needs and goes outside to release himself in privacy, behind some bushed ''Aren't they beautifully trimmed...'' he thought for himself as he looks at the hedges around the garden.

He comes back inside, the head more clear thanks to the rain and cold temperature.  He decides that he had enough liquid courage to finally engage conversation with the pompous Gnome

''You seem to come from quite an interesting lineage, with those regal clothes and this proud figure of yours.  May you please indulge me with your pedigree, and what makes you really apart from the other blooded adventurers around here like me?  And how you will use your noble advantages to tame this hellish place that is comically named ''The Stolen Lands''?'' he says with a smug face, a bit mockingly. 

The next few minutes, he uses his manipulation skills to control the conversation, using the bad character of the Gnome to make him spit more info than he would want to normally let out.  He try to "stir the pot'', but to control the flame.  He never drop his smiling and condescending tone during all the conversation.

Name
Deception
1d20+5 19