Init +1 

HP: 5/5 

Speed: 30

AC: 11

Touch: 11 / Flat-footed: 10,

Fort +1 / Ref +1 / Will +3

Base Attack Bonus: +0

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 14

I wish I had Racanna here... She'd be more suitable to deal with all this trap nonsense.

Doallyn found himself thinking outloud for a moment, his hand gripping around the hilt of the sword as his side a bit tighter. Regaining his thoughts as he looked over the surroundings once again, he adjusted the collar of his military issued trenchcoat.

Well the bones clearly arent natural to be sticking out of a wall like that. Shocking right? Might be animated in some way. Though it'll take a bit of further investigating to figure out the extent. Do we want to take the time of our collective arcane heads and look this over? Though I guess we can just poke at it and see what happens.

He glanced back at the others at the suggestion. Half snark, half serious in his tone.

It's "Halaster's Home of Horrors" down here though, so the domino effect of traps will probably come at us at some point.

The Conjurer looked down the clear hallway again.

I can send a little elemental friend down the hall. See if anything goes boom.. or smash... or slice.. or splash.. etc. But he'll only get so far, and I only have so many of those spells.

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

Robin Kirkko

egXhMPu.jpgRobin touches his holy symbol and peers through the threads of reality to discern the magical nature of his surroundings.

Description

Robin is a straw haired tomcat. He is tall, strapping, and handsome, with blonde hair carefully tousled for a rakish look, blue eyes, and a strong jaw. He always dresses in clothes that show off his physique. He is, as one would expect of a cleric of Sune, incredibly vain and considers his hair his best feature. His focus on superficial matters might give the impression that he isn't all that bright. One the other hand, be sincerely sees the beauty in other people--whether outer beauty or inner beauty. He carries a shield depicting the face of a beautiful red haired maiden, and has a rosary of glass beads with the same symbol on the end dangling from his belt.

Stat Block

Robin Kirkko
M CG Human Cleric, Level 1, Init 0, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort 3, Ref 0, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Morning Star  +2 (1d8+2, x2)
  Dagger   (1d4, 19–20/×2)
  Crossbow, light (Bolts (20)) 0 (1d8, 19–20/×2)
  Studded Leather Armor, Light Wooden Shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
Condition None

OOC

Cast: Detect Magic

Rolls Incoming.

Name
Spellcraft
1d20+5 8
Spellcraft Again!
1d20+5 4
Knowledge: Religion
1d20+5 3

Ruven Kair | "My Speech" | 'My thoughts' | My actions.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/97/f7/e6/97f7e6e1fce46d0212e768a2f41c9a06.jpg Male, Neutral Good, Lesser Air Genasi Wizard 1, Level 1, Init +3, HP 5/5, Speed 40ft
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2, BAB +0
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Conditions None

Memorized Spells

SPELL SLOTS (Cantrip, DC 14) 2+3 | (1st, DC 15) 0+3+1 | (2nd) 0 | (3rd) 0

1. Detect Magic, Mage Hand, (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*)

2. Color Spray , (Grease *), ( Lesser Orb of Acid *), ( Resinous Tar *)

Feats / Abilities

FEATS
  • FLAW: Improved Levitation
  • Wizard: Scribe Scroll
  • 1st: Cloudy Conjuration
  • 3rd: Blank
ABILITIES
  • Improved Levitation 5/5
  • Abrupt Jaunt 4/4

Ruven scans the area looking for possible hazards in the rubble. Ruven looks around, trying to determine as much information as he can. These are odd surroundings. " Pit, green glow, and acrid fumes. Likey points to an acid pit, which could become useful. The spikes, however are highly suspicious. "  He begins to investigate, looking for likely traps, also pulling in all his information for any help it might provide.

OOC:

Ruven will try to search for traps.

Name
Knowledge Arcana
1d20+8 8
Knowledge Dungeoneering
1d20+5 11
Perception
1d20 15
Search
1d20+4 14

The Lights In The Dark

You each consider the intersection you stand in... And some of you proceed with a closer approach.

Ruven Kair

Ruven approach the green pit of death. The stinging fumes welcome him into their midst. To the rest of you, it looks as though the fumes swallow him into their midst and paint him in their unhealthy pallor, tinting the person and materials both. He proceeds with caution, working with all his senses and limbs as he positively scours every inch of the heading that leads to the pit.

To your relief, Ruven stops well before the edge of the pit, some fifteen feet abouts?

Saai Vees

Saai kneels down to perform her examinations. To the rest of you it looks rather hurried as she looks here and there, kneeling a few times at some spots. Maybe she knows what to look for upon these tiles?

Robin

Robin calls upon the divinie powers above. The words ring clear and strong, and the spell comes to pass without any strangeness.

AdrielFifth weekday, 23rd49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total. 8:28

Robin Kirkko

egXhMPu.jpgRobin shrugs as he rapidly loses interest in examining the magical energies of the room. "Well the bones don't seem to have anything magical going on. There's an opening there if we're desperate to know what's on the other side. The acid pit there, on the other hand, is dreadfully magical, though damned if I know what it is."

Description

Robin is a straw haired tomcat. He is tall, strapping, and handsome, with blonde hair carefully tousled for a rakish look, blue eyes, and a strong jaw. He always dresses in clothes that show off his physique. He is, as one would expect of a cleric of Sune, incredibly vain and considers his hair his best feature. His focus on superficial matters might give the impression that he isn't all that bright. One the other hand, be sincerely sees the beauty in other people--whether outer beauty or inner beauty. He carries a shield depicting the face of a beautiful red haired maiden, and has a rosary of glass beads with the same symbol on the end dangling from his belt.

Stat Block

Robin Kirkko
  Dagger   (1d4, 19–20/×2)
Condition None

OOC

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)

kaldakacziltoken.png.a6ea8c384f8aeed975b2e258389128fa.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 1, Level 1, Init 1, HP 12/14, Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
AC 11, Touch 15, Flat-footed 10, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Unarmored (+1 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 14
Senses Keen Senses (half distance penalties for perception), Keen Low-Light Vision (multiply effective illumination distances for the dragon by 4), Darkvision 120ft.
Conditions None

With less direct avenues of trap exploration presumably exhausted, at least the ones most immediate, the dragon seemed to have gotten an idea... Although one he briefly wrestled with the morality of for a moment, before finally deciding that they'd have to get rid of the bodies one way or another... Telling the party to hold a moment, the dragon slithers back through the cramped tunnel, then returns a moment later dragging one of the goblin bodies from before - after offering a small prayer to Lendys and Null for their souls. Then, picking one up in his teeth, he spins in place and tosses it into the wall of bones!

Assuming that nothing happened after doing so, the dragon repeats this process, dragging one goblin to be yeeted down the hallway to the left as far as he can, before, finally, dragging the third and repeating the act to the acid pit to the right, stopping a good five to ten feet short of the lip to the deadly drop and seeing how far he can toss the corpse over it to provoke any waiting responses.

Name
POWER WORD: YEET
1d20+3 15

The Lights In The Dark

It is not a long wait. Your dragon is strong of body and certain of movement. In a few minutes, you have two freshly made kills, now stripped of their armor and weapons, ready to be cast in the way of potential danger.

The setback here is the fact that dead goblins stink potently and are not shy about leaving Kaldakaczil with their stench lingering about him as consequence. There is also a foul taste lingering on Kaldakaczil palate after hauling all three goblins using his strongest method; it is indescribable and almost overcomes his ability to hold from being sick.

Surely that will be a small price to pay for having forward scouts?

The Gate

The first goblin carcass flies with a great arc into the narrow opening. As you watch, it flops there and tumbles forward a few inches before lying still after colliding repeatedly with the more protruding parts of the bone walls. Nothing seems to come of it: at the wake of your deed there follows a silence and little else.

It seems you may proceed unchallenged.

The Corridor

The goblin flies down the corridor in a magnificent arc that lasts twenty feet. From there, it tumbles with substantial force for several feet. The noise is substantial and fills the stony halls around you. Not a single trap is set off by your actions, and not a single alarm rings.

It seems there are no traps in wait.

The Pit

Kaldakaczil comes to a halt ten feet from the pit. All of you can see him visibly flinch at the fumes that fill the air once he draws a breath after spitting out the goblin he was carrying. For a moment he stands still, observing the pit and what lies beyond... And then the goblin flies!

To the rest of you, the goblin flies into darkness and comes to a solid landing with a wet noise similar to the other two before it. But! That is all you hear...

AdrielFifth weekday, 23rd49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total. 8:49

spacer.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 1, Level 1, Init 1, HP 12/14, Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Unarmored (+1 Dex)
Senses Keen Senses (half distance penalties for perception), Keen Low-Light Vision (multiply effective illumination distances for the dragon by 4), Darkvision 120ft.
Conditions None

The dragon squints at the distance, into the darkness beyond the pit... somewhat impressed by the reach he achieved with the goblins, before drawing away from the edge of those acidic fumes, and to the party proper. "There's traps on the other side of the acid pit - the floor gave way to reveal yet more spikes - as well as some sort of gate further beyond... So I say we move down west, tossing the goblin's body ahead of us if we desire, to be more careful going forward, or relying upon our senses. Although... I wouldn't mind if someone else with thumbs and arms more appropriate to the task could handle it," the young dragon speaks, poking his tongue out in disgust at the lingering taste, before scurrying to the cleanest corner of the dungeon nearby he could find... and trying to cleanse his pallet by chewing upon the very rock and stone that was there.

Edited by Amoren (see edit history)

spacer.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male Neutral Good  Human Wizard,

Init +1 

Doallyn lifted an eyebrow slight as he watched the dragon moved back down the corridor without word. Then seeing him coming back with the goblin corpses. After another moment or two the realization clicked in his head from what Kald had in mind. The wizard watched quietly as one, two, three limp goblin bodies were tossed down in a different direction.

Primitive but effective.

He looked in all the directions once more as Kald advised of the traps in the darkness just out of sight for his own vision.

I have no argument with the proposed direction.

He moved a few steps down the hallway, pulling the light from its position on the backpack and held it out further towards where the body had landed.

Name
Perception
1d20+1 17
Search
1d20+3 17

Ruven Kair | "My Speech" | 'My thoughts' | My actions.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/97/f7/e6/97f7e6e1fce46d0212e768a2f41c9a06.jpg Male, Neutral Good, Lesser Air Genasi Wizard 1, Level 1, Init +3, HP 5/5, Speed 40ft
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2, BAB +0
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Conditions None

Memorized Spells

SPELL SLOTS (Cantrip, DC 14) 2+3 | (1st, DC 15) 0+3+1 | (2nd) 0 | (3rd) 0

1. Detect Magic, Mage Hand, (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*)

2. Color Spray , (Grease *), ( Lesser Orb of Acid *), ( Resinous Tar *)

Feats / Abilities

FEATS
  • FLAW: Improved Levitation
  • Wizard: Scribe Scroll
  • 1st: Cloudy Conjuration
  • 3rd: Blank
ABILITIES
  • Improved Levitation 5/5
  • Abrupt Jaunt 4/4

Ruven watches the goblin tossing, first with shock, and then with slight amusement. ' Using the pit for disposal seemed obvious, but trap detection is an interesting concept. ' Making sure to stay back as the tossing happens he watches for results. Seeing no traps sprung he contemplates his companion's suggestion. Looking at the stacked bones, his sense of caution wars with his thoughts of the mission. " Normally I'd agree on that assessment, however, I find it more likely that the objects of our pursuit went north through the bone stacks. " After assisting with the cleanup of the bodies into the acit pit, he awaits the others until they are ready to move forward.

OOC:

If others disagree, he will follow them.

spacer.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Init +1 

Doallyn moved back to the group if nothing of note was seen from partway down the corridor. His attention moved to Kald.

Well my dragon friend. You are the one most likely to lead the charge so I'm happy to let the choice remain in your care since you'll be the one most at risk in the front.

He looked over his shoulder at the hallway and then back to the gate.

Down the clear path, or risk the bones? I would imagine that we are all mostly in agreement that the acid pit it the last resort choice.

Robin Kirkko

egXhMPu.jpgHe watches the flying goblin as if it could evoke only vague interest on a boring day. "Well, one doesn't see such a thing every day.... Anyway, the Bone Gate looks neater, and if we're going to be ambushed I would guess it would be from there." He waggles his eyebrows.

Description

Stat Block

Robin Kirkko
  Dagger   (1d4, 19–20/×2)
Condition None

OOC

kaldakacziltoken.png.a6ea8c384f8aeed975b2e258389128fa.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Unarmored (+1 Dex)
Conditions Full Defense +4 AC

"Well... Unless anyone has ideas on how to squeeze through the bones... I don't like my chances at least," the dragon contemplates the bone barrier for one last moment, pressing his foreclaws against it and giving it a curious shove as if trying to part the barrier like a door. But, presuming that didn't cause a reaction, he turns his attention towards the west, keeping on alert again as he starts to lead the way towards the stairs he noticed earlier..

The Lights In The Dark

You each take a moment to prepare - and a few of you engage in an activity of choice. You all witness Kaldakaczil getting a feel for the opening in the body mass. It is clear that the tight tunnel-esque entrance does not appeal to the dragon's sense of space, especially given the fact that his wings would fare very poorly in such a cramped tunnel-esuqe space. Once that is done you form up and begin a trek with caution. Naturally, your draconic companion takes point.

One toss at a time, you proceed through the corridor, though it is not a very long walk. Maybe two tosses is all it takes before your point dragon sees something.

It is slow going but it is also safe. Your goblin friend triggers no traps, and the noises your friend produces on this trip also triggers nothing: you have no ambushes awaiting, as far as you can tell, and none of you hear any untoward noises that would indicate a local denizen has taken notice of you.

And then you come upon a staircase. Or, at least, you catch sight of the uppest step of a a marble floored staircase at the edge of your light.

From this safe distance you can tell these stairs are made of the same tiled stone that you have been treading so far, and that the stairs lead down in a modest incline that is easy to traverse - presuming nothing comes at you. In a fight, it would be another thing entirely... The stairs are broad, covering the entire width of the corridor you have traversed so far, and should you dare approach so far as to to look down the stairs themselves, you will see some beastly creature's skeleton, whose shattered form lies upon the lowest steps: the skull is far from the rest of the body and the rib cage is, quite frankly, by your guess,. in a few hundred pieces. The walls proceed diagonally some distance. You are fairly certain they continue to the paths heading to your right and left. The ceiling rises also, right where the stairs begin, in an artful fashion.

You are currently a safe distance from the stairs and whatever lies at wherever they lead. Your forward scouts and point taker can see far enough to recognize the tell-tale shape of a four-way cross-section.

spacer.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Init +1 

Doallyn would position himself to follow directly behind Kald as the dragon moved down the corridor. He fixed the sunrod to his backpack and kept the crossbow ready in his grip. Checking once more to make sure it was loaded and ready to fire if something were to jump out at them.

He noted the stairway and the littering of bones that scattered across it down at the bottom.

Goblin log rolling down the stairs? Some random gear just to test it? Or we want to test our luck? The head being a good distance from the rest of whats left of the creature down there has some concerns on a blade jutting from the wall.