Sailors on the Starless Sea - OOC

cailano

is the temple starting to shake and what not? what are the beast men doing not that reality is starting to warp?  I need to know how to have Molly react since he is not at the edge of the pit. 

Yep, it's shaking every few seconds as events unfold. It's not enough to cause any penalties to rolls.

The beastman are continuing to fight.

If you want a visual, picture a gigantic, desperate melee battle lit by glowing magma from a volcanic pit, with frequent flashes of green lighting overhead. It's chaotic and noisy with the bass rumble of the shaking temple and bizarre, eldritch sounds piercing the air all around you.

Any sensible person would be running for their life, but you guys are stuck at the top of the ziggurat with no way out.

Helge has it. If she's still alive, I'll have her consult it during Round 3.

I personally suspect that it won't resolve anything, or that it might already be satisfied at the shaman's destruction, but we'll see if it has an opinion to express.

1 hour ago, Dixi said:

Well, we came a long way - from stubborn non-dying to TPK!

Who actually is carrying the glowing skull?

Hey, you guys aren't TPK'd yet. Although I have to admit this is about the most epic 1st level battle I've ever been part of (or even heard of), never mind a 0-level battle!

50 minutes ago, Shocker said:

thanks clearly as misunderstanding on my side.

He may have been reacting to the angry horde of beastmen attacking from the rear. I was kind of wondering if you guys were just going to let them do that.

26 minutes ago, cailano said:

He may have been reacting to the angry horde of beastmen attacking from the rear. I was kind of wondering if you guys were just going to let them do that.

My plan, without getting overly meta about it, was to get into those tight spaces at the top where they can't crowd us as much. Easier to defend than a wider area, sort of. The pit isn't reeeally doing us any favors (let alone the acid reflux it's having).

Well I figured the whole point of this venture is eliminating the threat, and to do that the best way is to cut off the head of the snake. So even if we are overwhelmed from the rear, we can save the surrounding villages by slicing and dicing the ritual leader and his acolytes.

2 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

My plan, without getting overly meta about it, was to get into those tight spaces at the top where they can't crowd us as much. Easier to defend than a wider area, sort of. The pit isn't reeeally doing us any favors (let alone the acid reflux it's having).

Interesting! Hadn't thought about that.

1 hour ago, Tecumseh said:

Well I figured the whole point of this venture is eliminating the threat, and to do that the best way is to cut off the head of the snake. So even if we are overwhelmed from the rear, we can save the surrounding villages by slicing and dicing the ritual leader and his acolytes.

The hero's option!