Sailors on the Starless Sea - OOC

cailano

Helge is going to throw the skull but I have a big meeting in an hour so I won't be able to post for a few hours.

Helge was waiting to throw the skull after the stone casing breaks. Does that happen in Round 3 or Round 4?

45 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Okay, did Alphonse miss or was there not a target reachable? I.E. does he still burn that luck?

I'll mark down Tabitha's new luck score.

I'll also freak out about the chaos lord.

Mmmhmm, check-a-rooney, freaking out!

Uh-oh, I feel like I might have missed something, hold on.

Whoops! I'm dumb. My apologies. You are correct.

I remember I was going back and forth fiercely over whether to spend ALL his luck on a single hit or not. I thought I had spent it, but looking back on it I think I knew better and opted not to spend all of it on a 3 to-hit.

I think this next attack I'll have to use it. No sense in dying with a bunch of luck.

Helge got her attack off. Praise Justicia, she might just redeem herself yet.

I'm guessing it is a hit. However, if I spend 2 Luck points to make the roll a 20 does that make it a critical hit, or is a critical hit only the result of a natural 20?

I didn't roll damage because I had no idea what die to use. I figured the narrative effect would likely be much more important than any kinetic force delivered by the skull.

Edit: I'm going to add 2 to the attack roll either way, just to be on the safe side. Molan's gotta go!

Edited by Tecumseh (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Tecumseh said:

Helge got her attack off. Praise Justicia, she might just redeem herself yet.

I'm guessing it is a hit. However, if I spend 2 Luck points to make the roll a 20 does that make it a critical hit, or is a critical hit only the result of a natural 20?

I didn't roll damage because I had no idea what die to use. I figured the narrative effect would likely be much more important than any kinetic force delivered by the skull.

Edit: I'm going to add 2 to the attack roll either way, just to be on the safe side. Molan's gotta go!

Sounds good. It won't be a critical hit (that's only on a nat 20) but it will be a hit!

I need two saves. One from Thugnar as described in the IC.

The other will be from Obraun. Since Alphonse just killed one of the beastmen holding him, he can try another strength check, this one at DC 15 since there is only one opponent holding him.

Even if Obraun succeeds he won't get another action this round, but at least he won't be driven back.

1 minute ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Yeah, no, I deserve that LMFAO. But now I have a memory to share ❤️❤️ 

Oh the range of emotion for poor, poor Tabitha.

This dungeon is f**king merciless.

Helge just threw a Hail Justicia pass. I'll let the GM adjudicate it.

Speaking of which, cailano, how do you want to resolve the next segment? Do you want to go round-by-round or do you want us to make actions in batches?

For example, I imagine Helge's recent actions taking two rounds (1: treat Alphonse, 2: boss people around).

On the topic of #2, I had Helge bark something at Molly because I know Excior has been offline a few days and that he got autopiloted at the end of the fight. Helge might get very opinionated here in the next few seconds so I apologize if that rankles anyone OOCly. Feel free to ignore her ICly and do what you like!

Separately, here's the list of survivors I have:

Obraun
Lyra
Thugnar
Bernard
Molly
Tabitha
Helge
Edited by Tecumseh (see edit history)

Alphonse was the best of us and will be remembered. Thugnar does not ignore Helge's or Tabitha's calls and is willing to help, but has his ideas about transportation and collection of valuables.