Sailors on the Starless Sea - OOC

cailano

What now?

We've got some OOC business to attend to before I go to work on the next game.

1. First off, this point marks a complete adventure. I am going to start up a new DCC adventure for first-level characters, and anyone who has made it this far has a guaranteed place in the next game.

2. Unless you don't want it! This is a point where you can jump off the ride honorably and without any hard feelings. As far as I'm concerned, you are all great players who have proven they can stay active and finish a game in PbP. That's not something I take for granted as a GM, and I'll remember it in future recruitments. There might be plenty of reasons to jump off now. Maybe DCC isn't your cup of tea. Maybe our pace is too crazy for you. Maybe you'll be traveling for the next couple of months. All reasons are valid.

3. We need to level up your characters, but while you are free to level up any characters that are still alive, you can only take one into the next adventure. The fate of the remaining characters, like the fate of the villagers, will remain unknown for now.

How to level up

You'll need to consult the rules. If you have a full copy, great! If not, you should be able to find what you need in the Quick Start rules. All humans will need to select a class and roll the appropriate die to determine hit points. Warriors, demi-humans, and thieves will gain the abilities of their class. New spellcasters, whether wizard or cleric, will get to do some extra roleplaying in the next adventure to explain their newfound abilities. Don't worry, I've got some ideas...

We've got a Level Up topic right HERE.

Treasure

Your characters keep any treasure that was on their person. Anything you left behind -- like that chest up in the beastman tower -- is lost.

Somehow, your characters managed to keep hold of their weapons.

Thugnat will continue his journey! Did not expect him to survive but very curious about how far he can go. DCC is a great system and the present company is a wonderful group with great DM. Let's fly!

(Will level up Thugnar as fast as possible)

w00t! We made it! That was a glorious ride. I had much fun. Onward to victory!

Broken as she is, Tabitha must continue on. Being an adventurer is all she's got left. The real question is what to level up as. All she's got going for her is agility, so... archer? Heck, she's got 1 HP, she can't be getting hit.

I hope at least ONE of us managed to get some treasure. All I have is literally what I started with LMAO. DEPLOY THE KITCHEN KNIFE!

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

w00t! We made it! That was a glorious ride. I had much fun. Onward to victory!

Broken as she is, Tabitha must continue on. Being an adventurer is all she's got left. The real question is what to level up as. All she's got going for her is agility, so... archer? Heck, she's got 1 HP, she can't be getting hit.

I hope at least ONE of us managed to get some treasure. All I have is literally what I started with LMAO. DEPLOY THE KITCHEN KNIFE!

I could see Tabitha going warrior. She'd certainly have a deep well of pain and rage to draw from. Sort of an Athena meets Batman kind of thing.

On 4/29/2023 at 10:47 PM, cailano said:

Congrats everyone. We've reached the end of the adventure. Check the IC thread for the exciting-if-ambiguous conclusion!

I have made it back from my trop to Mexico, let me tell you driving in another country is quite an adventure to say the least.  I was quite surprised to see that both Bar and Molly made it out alive, Bar a little less so. If you will have me I would also like to continue on DCC is a blast to play and I cant wait to see how leveled play is. 

13 hours ago, cailano said:

Hi guys, I had a bunch of stuff I'd planned to post today, but then Monday happened. Please carry on leveling up for the time being.

Before you go - did I miss again the answer about Molak's armour? Whether or not it can be split into two half-plates or adjusted to dwarf/woman/human?

49 minutes ago, Dixi said:

Before you go - did I miss again the answer about Molak's armour? Whether or not it can be split into two half-plates or adjusted to dwarf/woman/human?

You’d need to see an armorer.