Sailors on the Starless Sea - OOC

cailano

To answer Tecumseh's question, we're going round-by-round for a little while longer. You guys aren't out of this yet.

Everything I just described in IC happens very fast, though. It takes two rounds to take the actions you did and another to gather together on top of the temple.

20 minutes ago, cailano said:

To answer Tecumseh's question, we're going round-by-round for a little while longer. You guys aren't out of this yet.

Everything I just described in IC happens very fast, though. It takes two rounds to take the actions you did and another to gather together on top of the temple.

Sounds good. 

To the second point, does that mean we are in Round 4 now and should declare Round 4 actions?

Can we estimate how long it will take (in terms of rounds) to descend the ziggurat and get back onto the boat?

Edit: Just saw the IC post.

Edited by Tecumseh (see edit history)

Someone helping will speed things up by two rounds (meaning it will take you six rounds to reach the ship. Nine rounds, total, counting from the final death of Molan).

If someone wants to try to carry the body solo at speed, it will take one round to make the switch and a DC 12 Strength check to race down the ramp with Alphonse in a fireman's carry. That's assuming Tabitha cooperates.

In case someone asks, it might also be possible to drag Tabitha along forcibly. The difficulty of this depends on how hard Malkavian wants her to fight. If the shock of someone screaming at her to hurry and prying her hands away from her son is enough to get her moving, it only takes one round to do that.

If not, it's an opposed strength check, and failure means you're unable to pull Tabitha away.

Or, two people can work together to drag Tabitha along. That's an automatic success that takes one round.

Hugo rolled a 13. As luck would have it (har har), he never spent any of his Luck attribute, which is also a 13. So that means that Hugo is clinging to life. 

I don't think he's continuing on, so I'm okay if he has a mauled leg or a pierced lung or something that prevents his further adventuring. He'll retire to a quiet life of haberdashery. (If, you know, we survive the next 60 seconds.)

6 hours ago, cailano said:

In case someone asks, it might also be possible to drag Tabitha along forcibly. The difficulty of this depends on how hard Malkavian wants her to fight. If the shock of someone screaming at her to hurry and prying her hands away from her son is enough to get her moving, it only takes one round to do that.

If not, it's an opposed strength check, and failure means you're unable to pull Tabitha away.

Or, two people can work together to drag Tabitha along. That's an automatic success that tak/es one round.

Since Thugnar is already on it, maybe someone lands a hand and they both drag Tabitha away?

I hate to be that player that says "It's what my character would do" but in this case, I really feel Tabitha is willing to give up right here, right now. Her whole reason for coming down here was to save Alphonse. Now that he's dead, her future is basically gone (including the family business without someone to take over). She's not currently able to see a future.

I think that means Tabby needs drug away. I won't go so far as rolling strength against anyone, though (which feels like a dick move lol).