Olympolis! Friday, December 23, 2022, 8:45 a.m.!

Olympolis.jpg.b30b5180e5062e789ea2ed9cdfe0d1eb.jpg

Today is the day. 

Not long ago one of the city's costumed champions approached you with an invitation for membership to one of Earth's most famous super-teams, the Crusaders! Since then your life has been topsy-turvy, trying to manage your day-to-day life while weighing one of the most important decisions of your life! You've had success working alone as a crimefighter but this was a chance at the 'big leagues' --- the Crusaders take on threats that even the government can't handle! As the sun rises across Olympolis and citizens awaken, traffic of all types - pedestrians, bicycles, automobiles, even helicopters - begin filling the sidewalks, roads and skies of the city! 

All Players

The Crusaders are expecting your heroes at the Harmon Building around 9 a.m. What is your hero doing at 8:45 a.m.? How did they meet the day? What are their plans outside of meeting the Crusaders? Do they need to call-off of work? Do they have breakfast? Maybe they have roommates or a visitor who slept over last night? How does your hero feel about the Crusaders and the future? How do they prepare for and exit for the meeting?

Each player should do an opening post for your superhero answering the questions above and maybe more. Give the group a look inside the life of your hero! After everyone has posted I'll get things going at the Harmon Building ---

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

TITAN

Titan has a habit to sleep in, but today he was unable to. At 6:03 he got thrown out of the bed, so to speak, as he felt

an unusual excitement so much that he even chided himself:

spacer.png"This is just a meeting, no big deal..and I act like I'm  not even myself, bah!"

Luckily, his wife Emily, and his daughter didn't wake up at his stirring. "It's better if I handle this alone."

He had his usual breakfast, several bowls of oatmeal, 12 scrambled eggs with a few slices of bacon, a protein shake with some peanut butter..but he didn't enjoy the taste as all he could think about the upcoming trials - no matter how he looked at what was coming, it was a trial either way.

"They will see me for who I am. I belong there."

After breakfast, he dressed up in one of the new costumes, couldn't help but checked himself in the mirror. When he turned, though, saw Emily standing in the door, smiling. In that smile was everything, there was no need for words. He knew in that moment, just as all those years ago when they first met, that he had everything he needed - the solid foundation, the background to take this responsibility. He quickly said goodbye, then left home at 7:15am.

Titan decided that a morning like this calls for a walking, even taking the "scenic route". During the walk he cleared his mind with the plans for later that day. "A short patrol after the meeting, maybe a quick lunch and I'll hit the gym before the activity increases. Let's see where the day takes me."

He arrived at the Harmon Building at 8:45. It's better to take in the area, the surroundings and the people.

"I wonder how the others will turn out, I hope we'll make a good team. We'll come here every day, after all. Now let's get the show on the road."

And there stood Titan, in front of Harmon Building, erect like a statue, hope reflecting on his face, ready for action.

Edited by eltorin
image (see edit history)

Aegisscreenshot.png.e891529c44460e4828bcd303f5176b35.pngAEGIS

Christan wakes up with his alarm at 6 AM. He has only had about 5 hours of sleep after his patrol last night.

I hope this interview pays off. Would mean less late night patrols. I hope.

He gets up and does his morning exercises. He then packs his Aegis costume into his carrying case. It is a case one could carry a good sized painting in, frame and all. With that and the clothes he wears he looks the part of a struggling artist looking to sell his painting. The large size of the case allows him to carry his shield around with him without others knowing about it.

He checks in on Jennifer, his girlfriend. She is still asleep so he quietly closes the door. He grabs a quick breakfast and then heads out. He catches a bus into downtown as close to the Harmon building as he can get and then walks the rest of the way. He ducks into an alley before getting there and after making sure he is not followed or watched he switches into his Aegis costume. Putting his civilian clothes into the case he is then able to fold it down to a smaller size that fits into the inside of his shield and appears to be the inside lining of the shield. Then uses his speed to zip down the alley and comes out in a different location than he went in. He then zips over to the Harmon building and enters before he attracts too much attention.

As he enters the building he almost runs into a walking mountain.

Oh, excuse me. Titan, right? Have seen a few news articles about your work. Are you here for an interview too?

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

THE MONITOR, The Quantum Man

rauhric_green_lantern_cyborg_tron_matrix_cyberpunk_1.png 8:45am

The Monitor flew about the city in his concealed from nanotech flying platform; its advance technology bent light around itself. He preformed his usual task of observing the movements of the citizens as they rushed about on foot or vehicle. His objective was to analyze their patterns to determine if any harmful anomalies would occur that he could intercede to prevent injury to the citizens.

The heroes known as the Crusaders have invited him, and others, to their Harmon Building at 9:00am, so he better rush over there so as to not be late. The Monitor liked to maintain an orderly schedule so he always attempted to be early to any appointments. While he moves towards his scheduled appointment he dwells on Mitchel Green, the paralytic alter-ego to which his consciousness is quantum entangled with. Mitchel and The Monitor are tied together, and while Mitchel himself can not be present he is none the less still here with him and he is sure this is going to be a big day for him.

While he has no expectations about the upcoming meeting he is interested in the topic of the invitation. He can only make possible assumptions about this meeting, but reserves the right to not draw any conclusion until whatever has been said has been said. It is interesting that he was called in at all. The Monitor is a low key hero at best. He tries to remain under the radar knowing full well that his life is directly tied to Mitchel. If any "enemy" were to make that highly implausible discovery about their relationship, and killed Mitchel, then The Monitor could cease to exist.  

Upon arriving at the Harmon Building he makes his way to the meeting and greets anyone he encounters:

"Good Morning, Citizen. It is I, The Monitor. How goes your morning? Pleasant, I hope. Enjoy your day, and may it be very productive."

The Monitor

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation - Doing Good
Possessing a strong positive outlook towards life allowed Mitchel to never succumb to the darkness of his fate, and when he was able to create an artificial body to house his digital consciousness he was nothing but grateful for the opportunity to continue living a 2nd Life. This feeling of gratitude and goodwill makes him want to share his thanks with others. 

Motivation - Responsibility
Because his new body makes him more than human he feels obligated to use its abilities to better serve humanity for the common good. Never one to openly advocate violence he understands that force must be meet with greater force in order to stop it; though if he is able to find another solution he is willing to explore that first.  

Weakness - Quantum Entanglement
Mitchel suffers from an incurable disease that has left his consciousness trapped inside his paralytic body, and because his digital consciousness is quantum entangled with his moral body if anything were to happen to his paralyzed body that would result in death would his digital conscious also share the same fate? It is unknown but highly plausible that both consciousness would perish. When the mortal body finally gives out it might also end the existence of the digital consciousness as well? 

The Monitor, the Quantum Man - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 10, Awareness 10, Presence 0

Advantages

Eidetic Memory, Evasion 2, Inventor, Speed of Thought, Well-informed

Skills

Expertise: Physics 5 (+15), Insight 5 (+15), Investigation 5 (+15), Perception 5 (+15), Technology 6 (+16)

Powers

Nanobiotech Physiology (multiple effects) [cost 32pp]

The intention for this power to was to create an android like body that would be the heroic alter-ego of the paralyzed Mitchel Green and his cloned digital consciousness. 

• Immune System: Immunity 30 [cost 30pp = 1/r x 30r)

(biological, technological)

Fortitude Effects

• Regenerative System: Regeneration 2 [cost 2pp = 1/r x 2r]

Every 5 rounds

Nanotech Armor (device: removable -2) [cost 10pp]

The intention of this power was to create instant body armor; like Tony Stark's nanotech armor. 

• Appears Instantly: Feature 1 [cost 1 = 1/r x 1r]

(technological)

• Armor: Protection 10 [cost 10pp = 1/r x 10r]

(armor, technological)

+10 Toughness

• Light: Environment 1 [cost 1pp = 1/r x 1r]

(light, technological)

Light, Radius: 30 feet

Nanotech Computer (device: easily removable -8) [cost 12pp] 

The intention of this power is to create a small handle device that would allow the android to detect, analyze, and use the electromagnetic spectrum, while also being able to communicate with others and objects of different languages, including machines.  

• Sensory Array: Senses 10 [cost 10pp = 1/r x 10r]

(technological)

Darkvision, Detect + Acute + Analytical: Energy Spectrum (visual, ranged: 2), Penetrates Concealment: X-Rays (visual)

• Universal Translator: Comprehend 5 [cost 10pp = 2/r x 5r]

(technological)

Languages (read all, speak all, understand all), Machines / Electronics

Nanotech Flying Platform (device: easily removable -2) [cost 5pp]

The intention of this power is to create a flying platform to move around his environment in while remaining out of sight. 

• Appears Instantly: Feature 1 [cost 1pp = 1/r x 1r]

(technological)

• Flight: Flight 4 [cost 4pp = (2/r -1fl) x 4r]

(gravity, technological)

Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Platform

• Invisibility: Concealment 2 [cost 2pp = (2/r -1fl) x 2r]

(gravity, light, technological)

Sense - Sight; Passive

Quantum Forces Manipulation (array) [cost 37pp]

The intention of this power was for the digital consciousness to gain the able to manipulate the quantum forces in the universe as a result from cloning Mitchel's esoteric knowledge and merging it with a higher intelligence and complete understanding of physics in our reality. Once the digital consciousness attained a complete understanding it opened up the possibility to change energy and matter in localized areas.    

• Atomic Manipulation: Transform 3 [cost 35pp = (5/r +3ex) x 3r +11flat]

(atoms, quantum forces)

Affects: Anything, Transforms: 3 tons, DC 13; Affects Objects Only, Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Mass 10,

Increased Range 2: perception, Precise

• Gravity Manipulation: Move Object 7 [cost 36pp = (2/r + 2ex) x 7r + 8flat]

(gravity, quantum forces)

3 tons, DC 22; Damaging, Increased Range: perception, Penetrating 7, Precise

Offense

Initiative +10

Atomic Manipulation: Transform 3 (DC Dog 13)

Gravity Manipulation: Move Object 7 (DC 22)

Defense

Dodge 5, Parry 0, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points

Abilities 30 + Powers 96 + Advantages 6 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 150

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

TITAN

Titan's reverie is broken by a friendly voice, and looking at the man he thinks, "The red shield..this must be Aegis..".

With a slight smispacer.pngle, he extends his hand:

"That I am, a real pleasure to meet you! You're Aegis, if I'm not mistaken. I love your shield, I can only imagine how useful it could be."

Titan is usually not for small talk but this situation makes him excited and anxious at the same time, he can't help it.

"Yes, I received an invitation, too. This is crazy, right? I've imagined or even dreamed of something like this, but actually being is here is something else. Sorry, I'm babbling, don't mind me".

A short while after he notices the curious figure just approaching him and Aegis.

"May your day be productive, too..", says reluctantly. "I am Titan, it is nice to meet you,..?" he asks, with an audible question. "I don't think I saw him before, I would remember, for sure"

Edited by eltorin
image (see edit history)

Custodian

Morgan had woken up early in the morning, and despite his excitement related sleep deprivation of the last week, was brimming with energy. After a quick breakfast, he had left his parents a note before leaving his home, unable to simply relax or wait for the appointed time. Instead, he had activated the Custodian Battle Suit and had gone out flying, heading up high enough that he wouldn't easily be spotted or be at risk of running into any low flying air traffic. After a couple of hours of alternatively scanning around for trouble, practising his aerial manoeuvring, and aimlessly floating while daydreaming of the life of heroics he was going to embark on. 

He almost misses his phone's alarm when it nears 9, and had to rush somewhat on his way down to the Harmon Building. As such, he somewhat misjudges his speed as he went in for a landing, and just barely managed to avoid cracking the concrete as he went in for a three-point landing, wincing unseen behind his mask as the impact hit his joints. Suit, how do I stop myself from going splat on landing? Stunned for a moment by the deluge of arcane treatises on force redistribution, he quickly dismissed the spirit, before rising to his feet.

From the outside, you see a figure in sleek, glowing power armour rocket out of the sky, slow down at the last minute, still slam into the ground at a decent clip, stay still in a three-point landing pose for a few moment, before rising, all the while showing no expression or spare movement.

Morgan looks around the small group that had gathered in front of the building, mask hiding the excitement on his face and the general build of his armour obscuring most of his body language. Here are what would most likely become his new team mates, and he's quite pleased he can place all three of them with not too much difficulty.

"Good morning," he says eventually, having composed himself, intentionally lowering his voice slightly and hoping that this coupled with the distortion from his mask would be enough to ensure his privacy. "Uhm... I'm usually better at landing." He clears his throat, a strangely hollow sounding noise, before continuing "I'm Custodian, the Keeper of the Keystone." He's rather proud that he manages to pronounce the capital letters on those titles. "Titan. Aegis... Monitor." He nods to each of the heroes in turn.

Aegis moves to the side as he talks to Titan. He does a double take as The Monitor walks in and says hello. Even more surprised that Titan has not heard of him.

That's The Monitor. I have read about him and seen some news clips, but never met him. 

Nice to meet you Monitor. I am Aegis. I assume you are also here for ....

Just then a loud crash-like sound from outside. He glances out and sees an armored individual in a three point kneeling stance. As the guy stays in that position a bit longer then expected.

Suppose he hurt himself with landing? It did seem rather hard. He's lucky he didn't hatter the sidewalk. Doesn't he call himself Custodian?

Then the armored guy gets up and walks in and introduces himself.

Well, guess we had best check in.

He walks over to the receptionist.

Hi. I am guessing you were expecting us and it is probably not really necessary for me to tell you we have arrived, but curtesy says I check in. If you could just let them know we are here. Thanks.

rauhric_green_lantern_cyborg_tron_matrix_cyberpunk_1.png

The Monitor acknowledges everyone that arrived at the Harmon Building for the meeting and searches his memory for the costume heroes' accomplishments. He wants to be well informed of their exploits so he does not seem so unfamiliar with them. 

"It is a pleasure to meet you all; Titan, Aegis, and Custodian. How fares your heroics as of late?"

From what he understand of normal social customs it is considered courteous to engage with strangers and ask them about their day, their work, and of course the weather. No need to rush into the weather yet until a lull in the conversation begins; and as always he should never ask about their political or religious affiliations or opinions. 

The Monitor

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation - Doing Good
Possessing a strong positive outlook towards life allowed Mitchel to never succumb to the darkness of his fate, and when he was able to create an artificial body to house his digital consciousness he was nothing but grateful for the opportunity to continue living a 2nd Life. This feeling of gratitude and goodwill makes him want to share his thanks with others. 

Because his new body makes him more than human he feels obligated to use its abilities to better serve humanity for the common good. Never one to openly advocate violence he understands that force must be meet with greater force in order to stop it; though if he is able to find another solution he is willing to explore that first.  

Mitchel suffers from an incurable disease that has left his consciousness trapped inside his paralytic body, and because his digital consciousness is quantum entangled with his moral body if anything were to happen to his paralyzed body that would result in death would his digital conscious also share the same fate? It is unknown but highly plausible that both consciousness would perish. When the mortal body finally gives out it might also end the existence of the digital consciousness as well? 

Strength 0, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 10, Awareness 10, Presence 0

Advantages

Skills

Expertise: Physics 5 (+15), Insight 5 (+15), Investigation 5 (+15), Perception 5 (+15), Technology 6 (+16)

Powers

The intention for this power to was to create an android like body that would be the heroic alter-ego of the paralyzed Mitchel Green and his cloned digital consciousness. 

Fortitude Effects

Every 5 rounds

The intention of this power was to create instant body armor; like Tony Stark's nanotech armor. 

(technological)

(armor, technological)

+10 Toughness

(light, technological)

The intention of this power is to create a small handle device that would allow the android to detect, analyze, and use the electromagnetic spectrum, while also being able to communicate with others and objects of different languages, including machines.  

(technological)

Darkvision, Detect + Acute + Analytical: Energy Spectrum (visual, ranged: 2), Penetrates Concealment: X-Rays (visual)

(technological)

The intention of this power is to create a flying platform to move around his environment in while remaining out of sight. 

(technological)

(gravity, technological)

Sense - Sight; Passive

The intention of this power was for the digital consciousness to gain the able to manipulate the quantum forces in the universe as a result from cloning Mitchel's esoteric knowledge and merging it with a higher intelligence and complete understanding of physics in our reality. Once the digital consciousness attained a complete understanding it opened up the possibility to change energy and matter in localized areas.    

(atoms, quantum forces)

Affects: Anything, Transforms: 3 tons, DC 13; Affects Objects Only, Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Mass 10,

Offense

Initiative +10

Defense

Power Points

Abilities 30 + Powers 96 + Advantages 6 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 150

TITAN

Titan quickly replies Aegis, "I have heard of him, yes, but never had the pleasure of his company before.",spacer.png

then to The Monitor, "I'm thrilled we met, after all, delighted you're here!"

He gets surprised at the commotion that turns out to be the landing of the Custodian.

"He came in with a bang, that's for certain!", then turns to the Custodian with a grin:

"I'm glad you could make it, let's head in."

Then follows Aegis and the others in to the building.

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

9:00 a.m.! Harmon Tower!

Citadel.png.bd84d27d0d831000b9efb2016c443e15.png

As the heroes reach Harmon Tower, home-base of the Crusaders' top-level HQ the Citadel, they are stopped --- by a locked entrance! Normally open to the public now the Tower doors were secured for some reason! A nearby voice says, "Crime's on the rise lately so the Tower's on lock-down: residents only. Didn't they give you guys a key?" The heroes turn to see WOTV star-reporter Jessica Anderson standing a few yards away with her cameraman actively filming the heroes!

Reporter.png.318206eb446c8a6d085a09eeff0cd75c.png

Jessica gives the heroes a long curious stare, then goes into a live report with the camera turning to focus on her! She brings a wireless mic to her mouth saying, "I'm here outside of the Harmon Building, Ed, and all seems unnaturally peaceful. For the Crusaders are out of town once again, and neither the roar of their mini space-shuttle nor the sounds of superpowered conflict have been heard here in Olympolis for almost a week. But this is not because the city is peaceful; rather, it signals the go-ahead for the most terrifying crimewave ever to sweep this metropolis. The Crushers, long-time foes of the Crusaders, prance almost unopposed through our fair community. Already they have assaulted and nearly demolished two businesses dealing in high technology, carting off truckloads of components to an unknown destination for some un-guessable purpose.'

'The police have been unable to stop this band of marauders, said to consist of five known Crushers: the armored FIST, the brutish Bull, the Shrew, the Vulture, and the Mercenary. No other Crushers have been seen at these break-ins, but at least four other known Crushers are believed to be on the loose, including the Mocker, their primary mastermind. And the break-ins continue. Detective Victor Broyko of the Olympolis police force urges calm but admits that without help from the Crusaders or some other superhero group the chances of finally ending this rampage are minimal. Where are you Crusaders? The city needs you. Jessica Anderson, WOTV, at the Crusader Citadel."

Jessica nods to her cameraman who lowers the camera and smiles, then she turns and walks up to the heroes asking (no mic), "So who are you folks? You don't look like the Crusaders ---"

Ow, that hurts. I mean we are no Crusaders but we have all been in the news recently for different reasons. But for a star reporter such as yourself to not know who we are? Shame. In your line of work you should stay current on the news even if you are not reporting it.

He shakes his head in disappointment. She can't see the smile on his face.

He glances at the doors to see if anyone inside is coming out to help get them away from this reporter. He doesn't mind if efforts showing up in the news, but is not a big fan of being interviewed. Reporters are nosy busy bodies that feel it is not only their right but their job to stick their noses into everyone else's business and they don't generally care who they hurt to get their stories.

TITAN

"Miss Anderson..you're right, we are not the Crusaders, no, but we're supposed to meet them right about now.

What do you mean they're out of town? spacer.pngI am Titan, as you must know, just as the other fine gentlemen here", says Titan, winking.

"If they're really gone and those guys are ransacking the city, they have to be stopped immediately!"

Now that the Crushers were mentioned, Titan involuntarily glances around. It is no fun to be interviewed right away, even without the cameras being turned on, but something has to be done, if all this is true.

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

rauhric_green_lantern_cyborg_tron_matrix_cyberpunk_1.png

The Monitor learned some new information he had not been aware of. If the Crusaders are out of town, then who invited them? Just as reporter Jessica Anderson of WOTV wanted answer so should these heroes endeavor to discover them. Not wanting to get involved in a personal interview the Monitor leaves the party and moves to enter the Harmon Building. 

The Monitor

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation - Doing Good

Advantages

Skills

Powers

Fortitude Effects

Every 5 rounds

(technological)

(armor, technological)

+10 Toughness

(light, technological)

(technological)

(technological)

(technological)

(gravity, technological)

Sense - Sight; Passive

(atoms, quantum forces)

Offense

Initiative +10

Defense

Power Points

Custodian

Morgan, unseen to all, winces at the rather blunt response to the reporter. Way to make an impression. "I'm Custodian. I've only been active for a few months, and much of what I usually handle is out of the way, so I've flown a bit under the radar. As Titan says, we're new recruits. I didn't know the Crusaders were out of town... But we can certainly step up in in their absence!"

As he's talking, Morgan thinks on what he knows of the Crushers, what he's read of their past exploits and their capabilities and usual modus operandi.

OOC

I'd like to use my Expertise in Superhero Lore to find out how much I know about the Crushers, using my Eidetic Memory advantage if possible. Not sure if I should roll or not, let me know

Edited by HarbringerInsanity (see edit history)
Name
Expertise: Superhero Lore
1d20+17 7

Aegis tries to look through the glass doors and see if there is anybody moving around inside or not. Having just learned that the Crusaders are MIA is a bit concerning. Especially as that screws up what he was hoping was going to be is internship into the Crusaders.

He has to admit that Custodian had an interesting idea. If they couldn't interview with the missing team then maybe they could audition by stepping up and going after the Crushers. 

He figures before they do anymore talking along those lines that they needed to get somewhere a little more private and absent of the reporter.