Olympolis! Friday, December 23, 2022, 8:45 a.m.!

Titan

When the mini-interviews are finished with Custodian and him, Titan steps back spacer.png

to the others, a bit further from Jessica Anderson and huddles up to them: "Custodian is right. I don't know what's going on but I don't like this. The Crushers are terrorizing our home, we can't let that happen. We should step out and make a plan. Any one you guys know of a place?"

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

9:05 a.m. outside Harmon Tower!

Reporter.png.318206eb446c8a6d085a09eeff0cd75c.png

AEGIS:

Anderson looks mildly surprised by the heroes' responses, "Well I didn't mean to offend you. Not at all. It's just I spend probably 23 hours a day chasing down the Crusaders because they are my beat. It's what people want to see and hear about these days thus my boss stays on my butt about every single detail of what goes on with them. Ratings, you know? So that's why maybe I haven't been keeping up with you folks. But I'll admit seeing stories in the papers and online about your activities. Kind of, but not enough obviously. Can we start over?" Jessica smiles a pretty smile at the group ...

TITAN:

The reporter shrugs looking down, "I mean normally I can get Evergreen or Dreamweaver or someone for a comment or three every day or so. But, it's been days now without a peep. I can't even get through via their 'official' emergency line. No one can, including Detective Broykowski, the lead investigator of this recent crimewave. The Crusaders picked one heck of a time to fall off the radar and I guess we can only hope they return sooner than later. Do you mind divulging why you were meeting with the Crusaders? We're still off the record ..."

CUSTODIAN:

Jessica nods at the hero smiling, "Well you guys definitely look the part." Horns blare intermittently from passing vehicles as drivers notice the spectacle of superheroes outside Harmon Tower. Pedestrians walk by stepping around the heroes but can't keep from staring wide-eyed! Anderson looks around her face turning grim, "Based on what you're telling me you all are actively taking on crime in Olympolis. Whether you're from here or not, I have a hunch you really do care about this city and its citizens. If the Crushers are stalking around terrorizing local businesses they must be up to something - I'm sure you know they aren't the run-of-the-mill street thugs. Without the Crusaders, Olympolis is defenseless against the threat they pose so, are you really willing to help? If so, I have information that might be of value to you." Jessica waves hair from her face while giving the heroes a troubled look ....

Titan

Turning to Jessica, Titan says: "It is a rather unfortunate timing, I have to agree, spacer.png

seeing that even the emergency lines went off. As for the purpose of our meeting..alright, but please, let's just keep this between us..we received an invitation from the Crusaders to join them. In the meantime, maybe it would be beneficial if we could talk to Detective Broykowski to see where we could help."

Aegisscreenshot.png.e891529c44460e4828bcd303f5176b35.pngAEGIS

After the reporter responds to his sarcastic response he chuckles a bit and replies.

Sorry. That was meant as a joke. Sure we can start over. I am Aegis and I look forward to defending this city.

Any information you have that can help us locate the Crushers would be greatly appreciated.

His law enforcement side tells him not to trust a reporter to keep things off the record, so he tries to be careful with what he says.

spacer.pngSILVER SHRIKE

It was early, still dark out in fact, but the morning routine, if she wasn't already or still out and about, wouldn't simply vanish. She skimmed the information her father passed along, his schedule for the day as well as some policy and other information he thought she should be aware of. It wasn't as if she was ever going to follow in his footsteps but he was determined to never give up on that possibility seemingly. His schedule she always wanted as she worried about him. She smiled to herself at the irony as one of the guards knocked on the door to the penthouse, checking in on her as he'd heard her moving around most likely.

She pulled her robes around her and answered it, the two lifesparks clear to her in the hallway beyond, "Good morning Gregory, Louis. You know, one of these days, father is going to realize I don't need you guys assigned to me. He should keep you two for his detail." Gregory was the heavier of the two, broad shouldered and thickly muscled, but he knew as well as she did that Alex could take him out before he could even blink. Louis, the slightly younger man stood a dozen paces away, face behind his morning paper, near the elevator. He raised his head for a moment, peering over the paper, waved and nodded to her but remained silent, he wasn't nearly as friendly as Gregory. "Just so you guys know, I've got an appointment in a few hours... at the Harmon building. Its at 9 so I'll be leaving here a bit before then. This is a costumed gig, so I'll be taking the balcony exit of course." She giggled as she closed the door to the entry foyer.

Her morning routine ate up the few hours remaining faster than she could have imagined. So much so that she actually ended up running late. She'd finished with yoga, gotten in her free weight and crossfit routine in before she realized how late it was. Barely with enough time to shower she'd been pulling her boots on as she got to the edge of her balcony. She took a deep breath and stretched her arms up to the sky for a moment before she launched herself off the roof with a leap that sent her hurtling forward through the air to land moments later on a building to the south for a split second before she once again seemed to all but float forward and onwards towards her destination.

It was shortly after 9 when she dropped from a nearby eight story building, landing on her feet softly as though she'd merely been strolling along. There wasn't a sound and the air itself was barely disturbed by her landing and forward movement. She noted other costumed figures there as she approached, not really a surprise, and the other citizens. They would likely want to try out a number of them before deciding on whom they'd be accepting for a trial period. It would be what she'd do at least.

She waved as she neared them, recognizing the woman, Jessica Anderson, almost immediately. "Apologies for the delay, I had to stop on the way here and help out at a vehicle accident. There were some injuries that needed tending and life always takes priority." She smiled and nodded to the group as she recognized a couple of the others from small stories, not unlike herself, "I go by Silver Shrike in case you don't know but, what are you all doing out here? Aren't the appointments supposed to take place inside?" She looked past them at the doors and glanced around the tower base to the sides as well. As she did so she categorized those there, getting a feel for each of their lifesparks, her senses recognizing the unique combination of life energy each one possessed.

OoC

Throwing a Perception roll in there as she studies the tower and surrounding area on her way down and once she's there as well. She's not paranoid, she just likes to be aware of her surroundings all the time.

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+10 18

Aegis acknowledges the Silver Shrike as she walks up.

I assumed it would be inside, but the doors are locked and the Crusaders have been MIA for several days. Jessica was just filling us in and that fact and the fact that the Crushers are taking advantage of that absence. We were discussing the option of trying to step in and deal with the Crushers ourselves. Of course we would need to be careful as they out number us. If the reports I have seen were correct though only 4 or 5 of them seem to at the scenes of their crimes. 

What was the other info you had Miss Anderson?

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

THE MONITOR, The Quantum Man

rauhric_green_lantern_cyborg_tron_matrix_cyberpunk_1.png 

The Monitor walked to the Harmon Building and was about to check if it was open when overheard Aegis speak of the door being locked and the possibility of them dealing with the Crushers. He wondered if this invitation was a setup to lure these individual here to ambush them or keep them out of the way from some other nefarious activity. Turning to the heroes gathered he asks: 

"What is the probability that we were invited here to ambush us or lure us away from one of the Crushers' criminal capers?"

The Monitor pulled out his little Nanotech Computer to scan the door entrance of the Harmon Building to X-Ray the door for anyone inside or behind it. Though, if this invitation was a ruse and they did want to ambush the hero applicants then placing some sort of explosive device at the entrance would be a sinister but cleaver open salvo on this conflict between heroes and villains.     

Action

Nanotech Computer (device: easily removable) 

The intention of this power is to create a small handle device that would allow the android to detect, analyze, and use the electromagnetic spectrum, while also being able to communicate with others and objects of different languages, including machines.  

• Sensory Array: Senses 10 

(technological)

Darkvision, Detect + Acute + Analytical: Energy Spectrum (visual, ranged: 2), Penetrates Concealment: X-Rays (visual)

• Universal Translator: Comprehend 5 

(technological)

Languages (read all, speak all, understand all), Machines / Electronics

Perception or Investigation (both +15)

I want to use the X-Rays (visual) to see behind the main door at the Harmon Building. Maybe scan the door frame for security measures of improvised explosives behind the main door.

Also, are there any security cameras or keypads that the Nanotech Computer can "talk" to? I want the Nanotech Computer to ask it if anyone has tampered with their security protocols lately, or tried to impersonate any of the Crusaders to gain entrance into the building without proper clearance or permission. 

The Monitor

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation - Doing Good
Possessing a strong positive outlook towards life allowed Mitchel to never succumb to the darkness of his fate, and when he was able to create an artificial body to house his digital consciousness he was nothing but grateful for the opportunity to continue living a 2nd Life. This feeling of gratitude and goodwill makes him want to share his thanks with others. 

Motivation - Responsibility
Because his new body makes him more than human he feels obligated to use its abilities to better serve humanity for the common good. Never one to openly advocate violence he understands that force must be meet with greater force in order to stop it; though if he is able to find another solution he is willing to explore that first.  

Weakness - Quantum Entanglement
Mitchel suffers from an incurable disease that has left his consciousness trapped inside his paralytic body, and because his digital consciousness is quantum entangled with his moral body if anything were to happen to his paralyzed body that would result in death would his digital conscious also share the same fate? It is unknown but highly plausible that both consciousness would perish. When the mortal body finally gives out it might also end the existence of the digital consciousness as well? 

The Monitor, the Quantum Man - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 10, Awareness 10, Presence 0

Advantages

Eidetic Memory, Evasion 2, Inventor, Speed of Thought, Well-informed

Skills

Expertise: Physics 5 (+15), Insight 5 (+15), Investigation 5 (+15), Perception 5 (+15), Technology 6 (+16)

Powers

Nanobiotech Physiology (multiple effects) [cost 32pp]

The intention for this power to was to create an android like body that would be the heroic alter-ego of the paralyzed Mitchel Green and his cloned digital consciousness. 

• Immune System: Immunity 30 [cost 30pp = 1/r x 30r)

(biological, technological)

Fortitude Effects

• Regenerative System: Regeneration 2 [cost 2pp = 1/r x 2r]

Every 5 rounds

Nanotech Armor (device: removable -2) [cost 10pp]

The intention of this power was to create instant body armor; like Tony Stark's nanotech armor. 

• Appears Instantly: Feature 1 [cost 1 = 1/r x 1r]

(technological)

• Armor: Protection 10 [cost 10pp = 1/r x 10r]

(armor, technological)

+10 Toughness

• Light: Environment 1 [cost 1pp = 1/r x 1r]

(light, technological)

Light, Radius: 30 feet

Nanotech Computer (device: easily removable -8) [cost 12pp] 

The intention of this power is to create a small handle device that would allow the android to detect, analyze, and use the electromagnetic spectrum, while also being able to communicate with others and objects of different languages, including machines.  

• Sensory Array: Senses 10 [cost 10pp = 1/r x 10r]

(technological)

Darkvision, Detect + Acute + Analytical: Energy Spectrum (visual, ranged: 2), Penetrates Concealment: X-Rays (visual)

• Universal Translator: Comprehend 5 [cost 10pp = 2/r x 5r]

(technological)

Nanotech Flying Platform (device: easily removable -2) [cost 5pp]

The intention of this power is to create a flying platform to move around his environment in while remaining out of sight. 

• Appears Instantly: Feature 1 [cost 1pp = 1/r x 1r]

(technological)

• Flight: Flight 4 [cost 4pp = (2/r -1fl) x 4r]

(gravity, technological)

Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Platform

• Invisibility: Concealment 2 [cost 2pp = (2/r -1fl) x 2r]

(gravity, light, technological)

Sense - Sight; Passive

Quantum Forces Manipulation (array) [cost 37pp]

The intention of this power was for the digital consciousness to gain the able to manipulate the quantum forces in the universe as a result from cloning Mitchel's esoteric knowledge and merging it with a higher intelligence and complete understanding of physics in our reality. Once the digital consciousness attained a complete understanding it opened up the possibility to change energy and matter in localized areas.    

• Atomic Manipulation: Transform 3 [cost 35pp = (5/r +3ex) x 3r +11flat]

(atoms, quantum forces)

Affects: Anything, Transforms: 3 tons, DC 13; Affects Objects Only, Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Mass 10,

Increased Range 2: perception, Precise

• Gravity Manipulation: Move Object 7 [cost 36pp = (2/r + 2ex) x 7r + 8flat]

(gravity, quantum forces)

3 tons, DC 22; Damaging, Increased Range: perception, Penetrating 7, Precise

Offense

Initiative +10

Atomic Manipulation: Transform 3 (DC Dog 13)

Gravity Manipulation: Move Object 7 (DC 22)

Defense

Dodge 5, Parry 0, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points

Abilities 30 + Powers 96 + Advantages 6 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 150

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)
Name
Perception or Investigation
1d20+15 16

The Monitor finishes his preliminary scan of the door and relays his findings to the gathered heroes

"There is an unusual device wired into the electronic door security system. X-Ray scan reveals Normal Humans walking about inside, but nothing more unusual other than the tech found on the door. My attempts to communicate with the building's cybernetic systems do not seem to be working."

He continues to work with his little Nanotech Computer to try and gain more information.     

Action

Will attempt an Investigation check (+15) to use his Well-Informed advantage to try and identify the unusual device on the electronic door security system. 

The Monitor

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation - Doing Good
Possessing a strong positive outlook towards life allowed Mitchel to never succumb to the darkness of his fate, and when he was able to create an artificial body to house his digital consciousness he was nothing but grateful for the opportunity to continue living a 2nd Life. This feeling of gratitude and goodwill makes him want to share his thanks with others. 

Because his new body makes him more than human he feels obligated to use its abilities to better serve humanity for the common good. Never one to openly advocate violence he understands that force must be meet with greater force in order to stop it; though if he is able to find another solution he is willing to explore that first.  

Mitchel suffers from an incurable disease that has left his consciousness trapped inside his paralytic body, and because his digital consciousness is quantum entangled with his moral body if anything were to happen to his paralyzed body that would result in death would his digital conscious also share the same fate? It is unknown but highly plausible that both consciousness would perish. When the mortal body finally gives out it might also end the existence of the digital consciousness as well? 

Strength 0, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 10, Awareness 10, Presence 0

Advantages

Skills

Expertise: Physics 5 (+15), Insight 5 (+15), Investigation 5 (+15), Perception 5 (+15), Technology 6 (+16)

Powers

The intention for this power to was to create an android like body that would be the heroic alter-ego of the paralyzed Mitchel Green and his cloned digital consciousness. 

Fortitude Effects

Every 5 rounds

The intention of this power was to create instant body armor; like Tony Stark's nanotech armor. 

(technological)

(armor, technological)

+10 Toughness

(light, technological)

(technological)

(technological)

The intention of this power is to create a flying platform to move around his environment in while remaining out of sight. 

(technological)

(gravity, technological)

Sense - Sight; Passive

The intention of this power was for the digital consciousness to gain the able to manipulate the quantum forces in the universe as a result from cloning Mitchel's esoteric knowledge and merging it with a higher intelligence and complete understanding of physics in our reality. Once the digital consciousness attained a complete understanding it opened up the possibility to change energy and matter in localized areas.    

(atoms, quantum forces)

Affects: Anything, Transforms: 3 tons, DC 13; Affects Objects Only, Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Mass 10,

Offense

Initiative +10

Defense

Power Points

Abilities 30 + Powers 96 + Advantages 6 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 150

Name
Well-Informed (Investigation)
1d20+15 10

Is the device part of the security system or does it appear someone might have placed it there to keep the doors locked and us out? Not that I think any of us would have much problem bypassing the doors. One way or another.

Aegis starts paying more attention to the building. If there are windows he will look in and see what people inside are doing.

Titan

Titan turns to The Monitor: "It is unusual how? You think someone planted it here? spacer.pngWhat do you think it is for - it's not a bomb, is it?"

Then, while waiting for the answer, he keeps listening to Jessica if she shares any new information with Aegis

or himself that could help.

"If it's planted here it could pose a threat for everyone around..", and Titan now pointedly glances around if any one of the onlookers are a little too eager to know what is going on or about the heroes.

Action

I'll roll a Perception check right away in the OOC topic.

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

Seeing an elderly couple walking towards the door Aegis starts to get worried.

Monitor, is it a bomb? We got people approaching the door from inside and I would rather not watch them die in a fiery explosion as they open the doors. Could it just be some added high tech security because this is the Crusaders home?

He is torn between warning the people away from the door and possibly causing a panic over nothing and not doing anything and watching people die due to his inaction. Not to mention if it is just the regular door security he would look like a fool warning people to stay back for nothing.

The Monitor finishes his examination and tells the heroes assembled: 

"It appears to be some biometric scanner. I think it is perfectly harmless. We should be able to enter."

He puts away his little Nanotech Computer and tries opening the door. If it is a public space at the lower levels then the doors should be easy to access.     

Action

By public space I am referring to the restaurant. Should it not have a door with street access? Or is the restaurant for residents only? Either way he is going to try and enter the door and see what happens. 

A follow up questions: Why could my little computer not talk to the machine access panel? 

The Monitor

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation - Doing Good

Advantages

Skills

Powers

Fortitude Effects

Every 5 rounds

(technological)

(armor, technological)

+10 Toughness

(light, technological)

(technological)

(technological)

(technological)

(gravity, technological)

Sense - Sight; Passive

(atoms, quantum forces)

Offense

Initiative +10

Defense

Power Points

9:10 a.m. outside Harmon Tower 

Reporter.png.318206eb446c8a6d085a09eeff0cd75c.png

TITAN:

Jessica nods and smiles, "Oh! So you guys are possibly joining ... hm. I wonder when Manta-Man was going to inform me of this little detail. Well, thank you Titan for being so candid. Now I feel a little better about the current situation we're all in. Detective Broykowski is at the downtown precinct straight down the street a mile or so just as you reach the business district. Um ..." She pulls out her cell and thumbs it a few times until, "yeah: there was no indication of emergency from the Crusaders so it's probably another out of town mission. Unfortunately they're usually gone for days which may be too long given the Crushers in town. The emergency line being down is amazingly not unusual and Broykowski said he's contacted a Dr. Ernest Patrovich, an engineer who reportedly helped the Crusaders design the Citadel's systems. The doctor is trying to remedy the problem remotely. So far the businesses hit by the Crushers have been Newtronics and Bennett Software. The Crushers stole a large amount of technological equipment causing millions in damage and at this point Broykowski and OPD have no idea what the Crushers' ultimate goal is. As I mentioned in my broadcast moments ago, OPD knows which criminals were involved in the burglaries but, the Crushers tend to have more members lurking at a secret location somewhere in or near the city." She looks up at the heroes and sighs, "I'm sure Detective Broykowski has more: they usually hold things back from the press - why, I don't know." 

When Anderson hears the heroes discussing a possible bomb in the door, she starts backing away slowly, "Well ... I need to get outta here. Deadlines, you know? If you reconsider on the interview you can reach me at WOTV." She walks away swiftly waving at her cameraman to follow ...

MONITOR:

The digital door access screen produces the face of a young woman, "Welcome to Harmon Tower: please speak the name of the resident you're trying to reach, or, just ask for the operator..."

EVERYONE LOOKING IN THE LOBBY WINDOW:

The heroes would see the older couple has reached the doorway but seem concerned about exiting with 'strangers' gathered just outside ...

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

And now I know how to get rid of reporters!

Aeigs speaks up when the face on the panel asks who they are here to see.

We are here to see the Crusaders, by appointment.

He also steps to the side to let the elderly couple out.

Perhaps we should stand aside and let these people out?

Once the security system answers, most likely refusing to let them in,

Perhaps we should go see this detective and offer our services?

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)