Closed Game  ·  7 members  ·  Game Expectations

Reign of Winter

Main OOC Thread

Inash

@Inashaany suggestion about which kind of character would be useful? If I'm not mistaken you already have three players at the table, what are their characters (race/class)?

I usually tend toward high CHA classes and human-descended races, but I'm always up to try and explore outside my comfort zone.

33 minutes ago, DiazExMachina said:

@Inashaany suggestion about which kind of character would be useful? If I'm not mistaken you already have three players at the table, what are their characters (race/class)?

I usually tend toward high CHA classes and human-descended races, but I'm always up to try and explore outside my comfort zone.

I can take this one.

Half-Elf Witchguard Ranger (mostly ranged focus)

Changeling Winter Witch

Human Oracle (Shadow Mystery)

On 3/5/2023 at 6:30 PM, Shadowstarr said:

My thought is a paladin of Cayden Cailean, who likes to imbibe and whose goal in life is to become worthy enough to attempt the test of the Starstone. 

Ok. I think that should be ok. You may want to look at the 2e champion for fluff about code of conduct ideas. Specifically here:https://2e.aonprd.com/Causes.aspx?ID=3

Just now, Inash said:

It is 1e. I guess I did. 

What fresh heck have I gotten myself into?

I mean, far from me to hinder another player's ideas for their character, but in 1E there are no CG or NG paladins. The closest thing is a warpriest.

I think there are 3PP for paladins of different alignments, maybe an archetype, but Paizo-wise there's only antipaladins and their tyrant archetype.

1 minute ago, madMonk said:

I think it's pretty harmless with Cayden Cailean. It'd be different if it were a paladin of Desna trying to get charisma to hit

I wasn't thinking of power play, I was just taken by surprise by the idea of a "champion" class in 1E (which imo should always have existed, at least through archetypes or class variants).

Yup, just giving my two coppers. I personally think that it's silly that paladins have to be LG in PF1e. The fact you can be a LG paladin of Asmodeus but not of a CG deity is crazy to me