Closed Game  ·  7 members  ·  Game Expectations

Reign of Winter

Main OOC Thread

Inash

On 3/4/2023 at 2:33 AM, Inash said:

After reviewing the information Roughtrade so kindly linked, I'm inclined toward no, it does not. I'll go with it grants a fort save bonus equal to the resistance on related environmental damage saves though. So CR2 = +2 to fort saves v environmental cold effects. At some level of cold resistance (I haven't decided what), the environmental damage effects should shift too, so extreme cold has the very cold effects, etc. 

Ok cool, thanks for the reply! 😀

7 hours ago, Starhawk said:

On Archives of Nethys there are campaign traits in the 'Any' category. Would 'any' apply to this game?

When I go to AoN and pull up the traits page, I don’t see an ‘Any’ category. If you’re seeing it on a search results page, that’s just a selection allowing all trait categories to be searched. So no, you can’t have 2 traits from 1 category by saying one is in the ‘any’ category.

spacer.pngThis is what I see on the campaign traits page of AON, which can be found at https://www.aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?Type=Campaign

The screenshot on the left is from right at the very top of the page.

I wasn't asking for two traits from one category. I was asking if the one campign trait we are allowed can be chosen from the any portion of the list.

I hope this clears up what was clearly a misunderstanding.

This is what I get for answering before I’ve had coffee. I completely missed that it was just campaign traits.

some of those would work and some wouldn’t. Which were you thinking of?

17 minutes ago, Inash said:

This is what I get for answering before I’ve had coffee. I completely missed that it was just campaign traits.

some of those would work and some wouldn’t. Which were you thinking of?

Nothing specific at this point, just pondering my options. :)

1) For Changelings - the Snow May gets the ability to not leave tracks in snow and +2 saves versus all cold effects, but then under subraces also has the racial trait of +5 on Acrobatics and Climb checks on icy surfaces.  Is that an additional free trait for that subrace, or something that must be chosen?

2) I read (somewhere, probably in a 2e source) that changelings get a heritage feat at 1st and an additional every 4 levels - is that in 1e or 2e, I'm thinking it might be 2e because 1e uses Race and 2e uses Heritage.

3) I was looking at Witchborn to get +2 INT instead of +2 WIS, for being an Intelligence casting Witch... I notice the Hag Magic which replaces armor/claws, uses Charisma... could I base that off Intelligence, instead of Charisma - or do those Hag SLAs only work with Charisma?

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Inash said:

Virtuous bravo looks fine. I’m not sure about the non-LG pally.

My thought is a paladin of Cayden Cailean, who likes to imbibe and whose goal in life is to become worthy enough to attempt the test of the Starstone. 

8 hours ago, Wiz said:

1) For Changelings - the Snow May gets the ability to not leave tracks in snow and +2 saves versus all cold effects, but then under subraces also has the racial trait of +5 on Acrobatics and Climb checks on icy surfaces.  Is that an additional free trait for that subrace, or something that must be chosen?

2) I read (somewhere, probably in a 2e source) that changelings get a heritage feat at 1st and an additional every 4 levels - is that in 1e or 2e, I'm thinking it might be 2e because 1e uses Race and 2e uses Heritage.

3) I was looking at Witchborn to get +2 INT instead of +2 WIS, for being an Intelligence casting Witch... I notice the Hag Magic which replaces armor/claws, uses Charisma... could I base that off Intelligence, instead of Charisma - or do those Hag SLAs only work with Charisma?

1) choose 1 or the other. Either the standard changling with the winter hag parent or the snow may sub race.

2) that is 2e

3) yes. Racial spelcasting should go with whatever the racial mental stay bonus is.

20 hours ago, Rhallan said:

I am wondering how you read the Fey Summoner ability of the First World Caller Wizard Archetype.

You get this at first level. My question is if you multiclass to a prestige class the allows spellcasting to continue, does this expanded summoning continue? It doesn't say it is tied to wizard level.

Yes