Game chat

wrathgon

So who is present on the Bridge and still Viable..

1 ) Captain (Captain's Chair)

2 ) Ozen

3 ) Enoch (Science Officer/Sensors)

4 ) Farhvan

5 ) Kartesh

6 ) Jake (Pilot)

7 ) Kara (Gunnery)

8 ) Deacon (Gunnery)

9 ) Zora (Engineer)

Other Pc's

Samuel: (presuming he is taking care of his new recruit)

Xedig: (to my knowledge is considered still dead until Capt can bring him back)

Willow: ((to my knowledge is considered still dead until Capt can bring her back)

Vall: In Hiding

Blue: In Hiding

My Question is does Zora has a Bridge Station seat? as it makes it hard to offer her Leadership when she is in the Engine room.

Are you saying that based on the Lich Template of whatever starjammer is.. unless that is the merger of Pathfinder and Starfinder together...

Do you get the skill bonus the template mentions..

i.e +25 to Diplomacy?

55 minutes ago, cheezal said:

So who is present on the Bridge and still Viable..

1 ) Captain (Captain's Chair)

2 ) Ozen

3 ) Enoch (Science Officer/Sensors)

4 ) Farhvan

5 ) Kartesh

6 ) Jake (Pilot)

7 ) Kara (Gunnery)

8 ) Deacon (Gunnery)

9 ) Zora (Engineer)

Other Pc's

Samuel: (presuming he is taking care of his new recruit)

Xedig: (to my knowledge is considered still dead until Capt can bring him back)

Willow: ((to my knowledge is considered still dead until Capt can bring her back)

Vall: In Hiding

Blue: In Hiding

My Question is does Zora has a Bridge Station seat? as it makes it hard to offer her Leadership when she is in the Engine room.

No engineer is in engine room

52 minutes ago, cheezal said:

Are you saying that based on the Lich Template of whatever starjammer is.. unless that is the merger of Pathfinder and Starfinder together...

Do you get the skill bonus the template mentions..

i.e +25 to Diplomacy?

Honestly, I haven't looked at the templates yet.

OK So from the New Ship roles then who is the most qualified to have a seat?

How many seats are there on the Bridge again?

1 ) Captains chair

2 ) Sensors

3 ) Navigator

4 ) Gunner 1

5 ) Gunner 2

6 ) Pilot

7 ) Co Pilot

8 ) Mystery Chair

Any i miss?

Communications?

Ambassador?

9) communication

see the wandering soul bridge map updated

so other than the pilot, science officer, captain, and engineer, there is not much else people can do to help so I think I will continue on. I will look at how we expand the other roles later on. Anyone can aid another on a skill who is on the bridge with DC 10 check gives them +2 ATM there is nothing we need to help with, the system uses ranks and checks with no opposed rolls so if you make your check you get that action or bonus.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

I merely asked as Kartesh can use his Leadership to aid people in skills.. but i would have to know my role and where my sequencing is needed so i don't do a Leadership check in a segment where i am needed...

Because i am effectively either a Pilot,Co Pilot,Navigator or Communications role.

you use that in the first phase( anything inside the ship is done) can choose someone to boost but ATM there is no benefits everyone is passing the checks other than Zora and you would need to go DOWN to the engineering room to help her.

ATM Jake is in the co-pilot, Capt is in the pilot, Enoch is in the science officer and Ross is in Captain's chair. Everything else does not have any defense options that can help ATM

I mean my 20 roll for piloting did jack for us which sucks.... only get my ranks in pilot not my check 😞

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Hey Crew,New Comers and Even Wraths's Dm. please i invite you to weigh in on this and settle this once and for all.

We are discussing the Class feature i have been using for sometime time in game and i believe at least a few years now out of game..

Which now seem's to be a point of contention,where it never was before..

The Class feature is from the Field Officer class and is called Leadership from the D20 Future book for your referencing.

I have put a copy of the class feature in question below.

Below is the conversation i earlier today voiced to Wrath.

What is written in blue is just referencing, what is in green is from Wrath and what is in Red is my reply.

The Class Feature is known as Leadership! does a LEADER follow a person doing a task to instruct them after the task is done..No! they lead with instruction,then the person does the task with the bonus of the Leader gave them, if they succeeded in the check.

This is the skill write up from The Field Officer Class feature...

Leadership:
By Providing supervision and guidance a Field Officer can improve an allies chances of suceeding at a skill check.

Instead of making a skill check to aid another the Field Officer makes a Diplomacy check (DC 10).
He Cannot take 10 or take 20 on the check.
Success grants a competence bonus on the allies skill check equal to the Field Officer's Charisma bonus or Reputation bonus,whichever is greater.
The ally must be within sight and hearing distance of the Field Officer and must be able to understand them.
A Field Officer cannot use this ability on himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what you wrote in Green,What i replied in is in Red.

What you do is a super AID OTHER roll. As what you do is helping them at their task, how can you HELP if you DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING? you cant you need to have ranks in skill(if it is trained only which not all skills are do check before bitching please) to aid another and guess what you need to have ranks in skill to do your thing too. Simple facts deal with it.

Correct! but not in the manner of an Aid Another, I am instucting a person! before they make their check,or for your benefit even if i did it after they made the check (which doesn't make sense to me) My check would boost their check.

In game I make a Leadership (Diplomacy check) which i have written up EVERY TIME i roll it. and if i succeed.. i grant a competence bonus... which Aids the person.

The knowledge checks: In order to use your power it has to be done BEFORE they roll, a knowledge check is rolled IMMEDATING when they need to know that info so the ONLY way you can give your bonus is if YOU know BEFORE them they will need that info and you apply it to their roll Not going to happen a lot

I do not need to Make a knowledge check because it's not an official aid another.

If you disagree ,i suggest you run it through your GM.

Or i,ll actually post it to the group to also judge their opinion on the matter... (Hence what i am now doing here!)

you cant you need to have ranks in skill(if it is trained only which not all skills are do check before bitching please) to aid another and guess what you need to have ranks in skill to do your thing too. Simple facts deal with it.

My Take on that is... until 2 mins ago.. my skills and their skills were fine and in sync..with everyone with exception of some of Farhvan's skills, it's only your making people opt to Pathfinder or Starfinder (with differing skill name's or the fusing of some skills with different names) That has now caused the problem,because i want to play the character i chose to make..

Note

I made a build with multiple levels ,just to take Field Officer for that one class feature,to use it for this purpose!

By Doing this... my Entire Field Officer class is made Obsolete, My Character would have to be reconfigured, including re directing stats ,as the ones i paid for ,now wouldnt been needed in any new class i take.

I wouldnt be a Navigator, as the pilots can do that job now.

So for instance if someone has Knowledge:Religion and I have Knowledge: Theology! (which if you didnt know is religion!) and Philosophy... I can't help them. because it's named different ,even though its the same damn thing.

You going to be doing the same thing with Gods.. when in one place it Might be known as Ra, and another Pelor.. both the Sun god.. not sure without checking,but probably same domains..and worshipper types.. but for some reason may be the same individual who just in this Realm may have wanted to be called..Ra and in the Other Pelor..

I'll give you another example... In Forgotten Realms! you have Elminster! in Dragonlance you have Fizban. both bumbling old wizards.. but if you read the Dragonlance books ,several times Fizban forgets his name,and calls himself other names.. i believe once he calls himself Elminster.

Thats because Fizban is an Avatar of Paladine in Dragonlance,and i believe Elminster is an avatar but of a deity i cant recall at this time..

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)