Game chat

wrathgon

8 minutes ago, Drunva said:

It's more that we are changing things a bit. Biggest change mechanically is to Knowledge skills. Basically Knowledge is 1 skill and you get new specializations each level based on the number of knowledge skills your class granted originally.

It's laid out in the first post of the thread Sohala linked to. Ev has completely transitioned Enoch over to Starfinder though. There are also some more generalized rules, the most pertinent being some feats no longer being required. So basically you'd need to update skills potentially and if you used the feats no longer required you can replace them.

For the feats, if you want to actually use what the feats give you, then you still need the but if you just took Power attack because you needed as preq then don't need it.

If you're happy with your D20 classes and have no interest on moving to a Pathfinder or star finder class. Then that's all the changes as he says..

But the core game system I'll be using From now on, will be Pathfinder. And so when you look at what feats do, and what spells do will be using Pathfinder rules for them not to d20.

Regardless of if you change or stay, I just need you to make a new spoiler section and follow the changes to have your character ready When I say this happens. This is an actual game event, And it may or may not be permanent depending on the actions and the decisions of the Party.

There is a whole new website I setup for this event which you will get when we get there.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

You flying the ship WAY overloaded, stuff hanging off the hull, ships tired to the hull as well all to get the stuff back, if you expected no bumps in the road you shouldn't be taking everything you got your hands on. Could have reduced the load to help Jake and the ship fly easier. You already knew how hard was to get HERE.

Ok three points here..

1) we are in space.. there is a thing called Weightlessness.. so weight isn't a factor. if crap is on the hull.which i didn't think it was, hence why we stripped all the ships down to what we wanted, I presumed stuff we didnt we would have sold before leaving.

If not it's a maneuverability issue ,not a weightless one.. which would have a penalty.

2)We have ship sensors that can detect things up to 15 i believe sectors away...As far as i was aware a Nav plotting is just dialing in a co cordinate given to us.. (in this unknown galaxy) otherwise i would have to systematically (which i said i would use Enoch's capture galaxy data. to plot a course.. I believe Han said it best. "Navigating star systems isn't like dusting crops farm boy, we could fly thru a star etc etc" hence he used his Nav computer to run a course of safety... When they arrive at Alderaan.. he panic's as he hits an Asteroid field that he says.. "I don't get it ,it's not on any charts" then when Obi Wan comes to the realization it's been destroyed thats why he realises it's not there...

But my point is...if a route has been documentated before, it would know where the gravity wells....I know this is known as Unknown space,but someone had to have come here for the Captain to have the route.. and gravity wells i'm certain would have been marked.

And if not ppl have to make programs on their nav computers,for area's of avoidance.. so the Nav computer calculating a potential course that may cross that area, would be red flagged and hinted to avoid...and recalculate around unless you had the balls to run thru it.

3) and this is the most obvious! why would the Captain.. have let us overload the ship ,if he himself knew that would put the ship and us at risk...i know you want the game player driven.. but that would be the one thing A CAPTAIN ,would say wtf are you doing...?

and we would have gone somewhere local to offload some gear to make us safer to attempt to travel home...

So now we will have to designate more time to getting funds for the ship, not for us i would think..probably earn levels we cant use..because we dont have personal funds. and are hurried to use time tents or retrainers when its not suitable to do it for the characters best fit.. and you are trying to get us else where in a hurry.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

It's not empty space, its space with HUGE Gravity wells that Jake has to fly through and around and skip over.

its also called: your engines have to have enough thrust to actually fly, stop turn etc. and the WEIGHT OF THE DISPLACED MASS IS a factor in engines that have to push the ship around. Jake has to maneuver between huge gravity wells that will rip the ship in two if we fall into them, even touching the edge could have us sucked in like a black hole. So he has to have all his maneuver thrusts to keep off them and guess what? Those thrusters which normally only have to move say 1200 tons now are trying to move 1500 tons. It might be space but your MASS still has to be pushed by something, hey go out and start pushing maybe that will help...

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

I don't want to change my character to another system.. It won't be the same character at all..and frankly from what i have seen of the other system's i don't find anything i think i would like to play...

How can you say now you are only using feats from Pathfinder ,when people have shaped their pc's and builds ,sometimes in advance of a level gain.. to structure their pc the way they wanted...

I even straight up asked you can i take a feat which does this..from a non pathfinder system ,and you approved it..I just had to wait until i had the chance to retrain to use it...Now that will be a total obsolete feat...which will effect my pc.

You started the original game saying we would all be D20 Mod/Future...and we would travel through other system galaxies.. there was never any,oh people from other game systems could come in as those character types.. They could be D20 Mod/Future with the gear etc of those galaxies..

You have said this game has been running 6 years!! my point!! exactly.. and now we are being forced into complete character overhauls.. which will have our pc's nothing like our old one's.

37 minutes ago, cheezal said:

How can you say now you are only using feats from Pathfinder

On 6/10/2023 at 1:26 PM, wrathgon said:

uses PF ruleset for as much can that's for spells and feats (if there is a feat in both use PF over d20)

The version of feats.

26 minutes ago, cheezal said:

How can you say now you are only using feats from Pathfinder ,when people have shaped their pc's and builds ,sometimes in advance of a level gain.. to structure their pc the way they wanted...

once again you're not reading what I am saying. I am saying you keep your feats but are using how they work from PF, if the feat is not in PF guess what, it doesn't change. If it is then it prob charged it cause it was a problem in 3.5.

And you are staying d20 but HOW the universe works has changed, at least where you are going.

notice all you do is bitch how the game is unfair and slow the whole game down like dealing with my 7-year-old.... so fine you want to keep your crap d20 classes your crap d20 PrC and your crap d20 feats you can, the missions I will be running are PF so expect to be behind the curve of everyone else. But you don't use any of the new changes that are meant to help equal you out.

26 minutes ago, cheezal said:

I even straight up asked you can i take a feat which does this..from a non pathfinder system ,and you approved it..I just had to wait until i had the chance to retrain to use it...Now that will be a total obsolete feat...which will effect my pc.

You started the original game saying we would all be D20 Mod/Future...and we would travel through other system galaxies.. there was never any,oh people from other game systems could come in as those character types.. They could be D20 Mod/Future with the gear etc of those galaxies..

You have said this game has been running 6 years!! my point!! exactly.. and now we are being forced into complete character overhauls.. which will have our pc's nothing like our old one's.

@cheezalTo focus on the changes that are helpful for a moment, note the changes to Knowledge for d20 classes. Kar-Tesh should get a bunch of skill points back since you wouldn't need to spread them out among a bunch of different Knowledge skills. That should help you accomplish your goals.

If he is talking about whether we Bring The Blue man (we have to find out his real name rather than refer to him as the blue man all the time) and Vall on board..

I only read it today and have replied...

Since it's his ship...i gave my feedback but i left it at his discretion who he lets on his ship.. but firstly didn't know whether we would have a private conversation before they came in..even though based on our last encounter he could read our minds even from his own ship.

If he so desired to do so...not certain if he has that all the time,or only if he concentrates to do it..does he have a reason at this stage to scan our minds.

Vall i would vouch for...

But i IC would ask Enoch to scan their ship for other life forms...