Game chat

wrathgon

This is part of my point...So we have two to possibly five gaming systems in play at present..

D20 Modern/Future, Pathfinder,Starfinder,Mass Effect and now Star Wars...

I haven't looked into Pathfinder or Starfinder,but i do know that Knowledge Tactics in both systems...but even though they are worded basically the same..

You are saying you can't blend the systems... So you may as well just make your system completely Homebrew ,then come tell us.. so we can play properly...

no what i am saying is when a new system lists new ways to use a current skill, unless your from that system you cant do it. The reason why that says trained which i never seen before(all knowledge are already trained so its taking about that usage) is they SHOULD have made those a feat instead they made a new way to use a knowledge that does not follow ANY other knowledge skill. the trained tag is assigned to all new uses of skills from any system your NOT from in my game. It does mean you CAN learn it just have to train to get access. Trying to do it WITHOUT training just wont work.

Same way a d20 PC cant use options from SF skills even if they have the skill of the same name. Now soon they will be a game system update where the PF d20 and SF will bend from an IN game event at that point there may be possible to use skills from other systems, but that will be posted closer to when we are near the event.

Part of the idea of this game IS you will gain access to different d20 system and can add skills items feats and classes from them. Which is why i rely on my DM experience running 43 different systems together in one game., he come up with how to deal with issues 🙂

lol just got this simple email from DM\

Right. Vader kills you with his lightsaber.

Dark Rage + Rapid Strike, AC 45. I’m guessing that that misses your full AC but hits your touch AC? He gets a 40% to get past miss chance (assuming you have one).

lol

m,y plan to keep poking him until his loses it worked but..... what he does is not good for us posting later

PS the shield protects you all from ion attack!

So do we all still take the 5 Damage? Or does the shield block any damage, and ill effects to our electrical stuff?

I think we all need to about face and steal Vaders Shuttle... it's the only ship to my knowledge still left on board.

Not all of us have Space Suits..it seems...and thus Vaccum means very bad to health...

Seriously! have my character get shot in the throat.. clearly my voice isn't needed as no one in the crew ever hears anything i say...

You guys run the show...i'll just add ditto in future.

10 minutes ago, cheezal said:

Seriously! have my character get shot in the throat.. clearly my voice isn't needed as no one in the crew ever hears anything i say...

You guys run the show...i'll just add ditto in future.

Dude chill, did you read Farhvan's words? To paraphrase: "I don't care what we do, but let's avoid that weapon again." Dude's lost most of his defenses and half of his abilities, he's not exactly in the mindset to engage in Kar-Tesh's speculation (if you were expecting a point by point response). So he's literally deferring to the others (which includes Kar-Tesh) for a plan. The first bit is to point is more of an observation. We can plan to got after the hyperdrive but if they've managed to seal every exit from the elevator that would be a problem. Ergo we'd need to check if we actually have a means out of the elevator.

You forget we have a Vampire with us... he can assume Gaseous form, and go up the turbo lift shaft.

What he can do beyond that idk. but I've stated a plan... Capt (Wrath) could help us but wont,since he is testing us.. at risk of our death..

Ozen is only a bot, that spoon feeds us when we together can't agree...and Jake (aka Darlis can't assist as he is in our ship off ship,and without comms) and player awal....

So it's up to the three of us pc's to agree of ,force a vote amongst the npc's on a decision.

Did you happen to do a sensor scan on the ship before we were boarded or since?

How many engines does an ISD have? or if you want to use D20 Future rules.. How many Power cores does this ship have?

OOC going by an Internet search... which would probably be revealed by your original sensor scan,is that an ISD has 7 main engines...

So if you are proposing only shutting down one, it's only going to be like shutting off a plane engine,we will still be moving ,but at a slower rate.

I ooc am trying to determine the distance to Mandalore. it's something like 11 systems away...Many 10,000's away...

trying to determine from the Navi computer, how long it will take to reach Mandalore.

In case we just want to ride out the Hyperspace to it's destination.

Navicomputer

Hide this

Navicomputer

Reference Book: Star Wars Saga Edition Starships of the Galaxy

Starship Systems Type: Movement Systems

NAVICOMPUTER EMPLACEMENT POINTS AVAILABILITY SIZE RESTRICTION COST
Limited 0 Common - 500
Standard 1 Licensed - 2000
Advanced 2 Licensed - 20,000

A Navicomputer is an astrogation calculator designed to make all the calculations necessary to travel through Hyperspace. Most Starships have Navicomputers, but those that lack Hyperdrives and some fighters that depend on Astromech Droids do not.

Though extremely expensive, Advanced Navicomputers exist. These grant a +10 bonus on Use Computer checks made for Astrogation, rather than a typical Navicomputer's +5 bonus. Additionally, a character aboard a ship that has a Navicomputer need not be Trained in the Use Computer Skill to make use of the Astrogation aspect of the Skill.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

1 hour ago, cheezal said:

You forget we have a Vampire with us... he can assume Gaseous form, and go up the turbo lift shaft.

What he can do beyond that idk. but I've stated a plan... Capt (Wrath) could help us but wont,since he is testing us.. at risk of our death..

Dude if the capt saved you every time YOU asked you be half your level now(you prob still want the full XP when he did all the work).i

its in the word, experience. In order to earn it you have to have two parts:

DO something that you learn from or are able to gain insight from and

the danger of dying.

Now the breakdown is about 30/70% if there I no risk of dying you do not take away as much from it, which is why Theo never gets XP. He can't die, his lichdom protects him from really being in danger from 90% of things.

While he can earn XP from learning, the problem there is twofold:

one he is undead, the undead "mind" does not learn well, like a vampire that is turned as a child, they never grow up, the undead mind is stuck when it died. So generally they only gain 50% of XP already.

Two being immortal means learning is something of a joke, when you have lived 1000 years how much can you learn overcoming a trap, killing ANOTHER fighter? Most of the XP that undead can earn is the 2nd part danger of being destroyed. As an immortal someone that does not age and cannot die by age, your brain changes too, you take less from those lessons of new experiences, as those new things become less and less. Regardless of how you become it, be it a robot, undead, god, the ability to gain new experiences is impacted.

How do we know this? Cause if that was not the case you have 100 level liches running around, Sztam would be 150 level not like 33. Even gods who are at the highest level of importance can only get to 40th( though they get to 40th level in multiple classes) but Gods CANNOT ADVANCE CLASSES AS GODS. So they got those levels before they become gods.

THeo is a DR 0 while immortal he is not a god and as such he CAN level up, but he still suffers from the XP problems of both undead and immortals.

Theo is like your strict parent, they know better than you what you need, he puts his hand out when you need it( eg raises you from the dead) and leaves you to sort of the mess you are in so you take away a lesson from it. He has to hope that THIS encounter you all have taken away some lessons, he will be asking and maybe even be a test after 😉

Originally when Theo( who was a FOLLOWER of my main character Dirk so an NPC I rarely played directly) took over the god place(Talso book he found and read it) he was only 11/11/11 fight/mage/cleric. AO MADE him 11/18/18 so he could fulfill his godly duties(technically he could have done them but looks bad when the god of necromancy Is 11th level lol). When AO kicked him out(to save him from the spell plague) he was only then able to start leveling up his classes again. On the God mission every encounter he survived(cause there were ones he just died in as being the weakest only DR 0 in the group) he earn enough XP to level multiple times but lost the extra XP, so he level up and was 1 XP away from next level. I will be level 40 if could have kept the lost xp, still pissed about that...

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)