Game chat

wrathgon

6 hours ago, cheezal said:

That's just Odd to me...The Fact that the two most potent things here fought and went Nah lets just go talk,whilst the rest of you continue to kill one another...

No Vader calling his Troopers off,if was the True ISD commander and not a drop in.. as i said his ship is the Executor and it's much larger.

So the True Commander may just be dealing with an out break on their ship,or they may have been prepping for Mandalore when we caused a problem...

I would like to have us go to Mandalore, and work our way back... beskar would be good to obtain...
'This is the Way" Jake..lol

I trust my DM is keeping true the cannon, he is a big fan of star wars so i highly doubt he would be going off script in anything he would do in the setting. He already told me a couple of things OOC about what Vader can detect and see with force and since he is focused on the afterlife and life and death speaking to a living dead of my power doesn't seem out of character at all. I am safe, rest of you are the bugs that hang off my coat and need to be caught put in a jar, and studied I guess heh. Am sure if Theo told him to call off his troops he would, but where would be the fun in that 🙂 . Now if a bunch of supernatural creatures start to show up and panic breaks out well then not sure what happens.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Lol oh wow that never crossed my mind.. OOC the part if not all the reason he went down that road was because of Padme.

Palpatine's Master was Darth Plagius who by all accounts was looking into how to come back from the dead or how to bring back someone from the dead.

If you raised Padme,even though she has been dead,guessing twenty years... that would throw the whole of the star wars arc out...

Because you could achieve something for him that the Emporer promised but never fullfilled...

dig up i dont need to dig her up....

This spell can even bring back creatures whose bodies have been destroyed, provided that you unambiguously identify the deceased in some fashion (reciting the deceased’s time and place of birth or death is the most common method).

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

True Resurrection just pops them into place in front of you doesn't it? Don't need a thing. Now...she would have to be willing. I believe in canon Padme had no will to live, so I doubt she'd come back. That may piss off Vader more.

On another note, there are a couple of major rules changes for Starfinder. I'm posting here as others are possibly converting too

Crafting works differently in terms of how items are "capped" in terms of what can/cannot be made. As written, It's more of a guideline though, but it caps craftable items at the RANKS in a skill, rather than hitting a craft DC (time to make is lower though). Using Ranks only would seriously hamper Enoch's power level compared to what he has now. Also, there are NO actual rules for a PC installing cybernetics that I saw. I'd recommend making it such that crafting an item should be enabled if you hit an item's "level" as total of Ranks AND modifiers, rather than just ranks (and appropriate Tech level understanding). For Cybernetics, needing both an Engineering and Medicine requirement would make sense.

"Stamina" is newi. It'sa basically temporary HP that all PCs get and regenerates after "short rests" or by spending "Resolve", that is a generic lower powered mechanic like a daily Hero Point allocation (less powerful than Hero Points/Action Points).

Overall character progression is different too, and the classes are balanced around this, with slightly different feat progression and ability score generation and progression.

Im almost done with a conversion, but have some clarification and agreements on adjudication needed before final details.

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)

yours looking at Starfinder but I would prob use the Pathfinder std as there are things like adding your lvl to dmg to weapons in Starfinder I am not sure would work for the game. if you look at the guide to taking PF class it will change a few things like feat we still get feats every 3 levels.

I'll look at the crafting and I ask my DM about the installation he prob has come up with something

I figured there'd be some changes needed. Crafting is a big one, we've been given super silly money, so makes sense to change the crafting rules to be total mod from RAW ranks. The Starfarer Armors are downright silly with their ACs. I meant to ask about that too.

Edit: Found this

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/starfinder-to-pathfinder

I've mostly only found PF > SF, this is the only SF>PF one I found.

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)

1 hour ago, evedgebah said:

I figured there'd be some changes needed. Crafting is a big one, we've been given super silly money, so makes sense to change the crafting rules to be total mod from RAW ranks. The Starfarer Armors are downright silly with their ACs. I meant to ask about that too.

Edit: Found this

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/starfinder-to-pathfinder

I've mostly only found PF > SF, this is the only SF>PF one I found.

so the equipment will break down into PL by level and equipment WONT work for you unless you have that level. You can trick it like Use Magic Device skill similar to higher PL usage checks but that will only let you go 1 or 2 level up. Some of it just won't be able to be found or bought.

I going to speak to my DM about a skill change for d20 and method the PF PCs can specialize in actions under a skill if you want to really good at one part and don't care about another you can do that too. i get back to you when I get feedback.

19 minutes ago, wrathgon said:
I going to speak to my DM about a skill change for d20 and method the PF PCs can specialize in actions under a skill if you want to really good at one part and don't care about another you can do that too. i get back to you when I get feedback.

I think Shadowrun has that... called 'Specialization'.

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

But its Your game! not his Game... If we wanted it fully run by him,we would and you would play a player thats frankly just a Narrative driver..

And you have lost several players over the course of this game...probably because its just to hard to fathom...

It wont matter what system our players go to or stay in,as it will still conflict when we move to other system galaxies ,where the system clashes will bring up new things each and every crossover..

case in point this one..

If it ain't broke ,don't fix it.. tweak it where is needed,but don't screw it over because of bugs in the system...

From past gaming experience.. and i dont know if this is the case.. but i had a gm that would always give us a big reward or xp boost to inflate our pc's then discover "oh shit" i can't control this..and so suddenly we'd have a game mega event.. where we were thrown back in time.. and were forced to back track our pc's..

23 minutes ago, cheezal said:

But its Your game! not his Game... If we wanted it fully run by him,we would and you would play a player thats frankly just a Narrative driver..

in this case you are correct how YOUR PCs work in the game is up to me, but he is very good at seeing unforeseen issues when one thing is changed so I would his option if this would cause any issues or not that is all. The only time he needs to make a ruling is when it affects Theo direct or changes how the game world rules work since we share the world so we like to keep everything the same so characters from my games can play in his and we know they work the same. This may break the rule if I do what I want to do.

And you have lost several players over the course of this game...probably because its just to hard to fathom...

no that wasn't the biggest reason but won't go into what it was as no point.

It wont matter what system our players go to or stay in,as it will still conflict when we move to other system galaxies ,where the system clashes will bring up new things each and every crossover..

Part of the nature of the game is exactly that dealing with the new laws of physics you encounter and in some cases if they stay with you even when you leave a galaxy (changing what game rules your PCs follow) You started with using the d20 wound system and ask you traveled around that was left behind. None of you ever questioned that cause you thought it was just a DM decision but it wasn't, there is a IN GAME reason for such changes 🙂 There is a downtime thread on exactly that that has not been looked at

case in point this one..

If it ain't broke ,don't fix it.. tweak it where is needed,but don't screw it over because of bugs in the system...

From past gaming experience.. and i dont know if this is the case.. but i had a gm that would always give us a big reward or xp boost to inflate our pc's then discover "oh shit" i can't control this..and so suddenly we'd have a game mega event.. where we were thrown back in time.. and were forced to back track our pc's..

so i thought i share this post i send the new player when talking about the tech levels and checks in game:

so here the thing, what i am trying to simulate with these rules about tech is how easy it is not to know how to do something when you dont know what something does or how to do what you want with it.

My DM did a game with me that put a D&D char in a house from modern day and ask him to get out. So at each door he could not open it, he push it and pull it like he would from his mediaeval house there was no lock so it should just open or close. The ball on the door he try to push and pull it, he broke a few off then he could see the other door through the hole but still could not open the doors. He never considered to turn the ball why would he? his doors open and close unless locked.

same thing with the PLs, 1 PL is 300 years of advancements. Think about taking a iphone back to 1700s how they react to it. Could they even turn it on? would they know to push and drag a finger to select things no. To them it might as well be a metal door stop or paper weight or even a lamp to see from.

The difficultly of using something that is even 1 tech level higher than you should be clear but its hard for us to fathom this, we understand the awe and wonder when magic is used and we cant understand how it is done, but its harder to image trying to turning on a iphone that is from 300 years in future that easy right? Well we don't know cause no has given us tech that so far past us we know what we would do.

So the point of the tech checks to use is the fact even after you used your tech 100 times, what do you when it wont fire, wont turn on, flashes that red light again, last time it went away on own but now it doesn't. Was it push that green button then red to fire or red then green, do you hold it for 3 sec or 5?

Just remember that when using these fantastical devices you carry around and react according 🙂