Game chat

wrathgon

On 5/21/2023 at 5:50 AM, cheezal said:

Mate. My pc at present is a pure D20 Modern construct,The Diplomacy i use isn't the D&D variant,or whatever variation you want it to be..at whatever time you choose.

In Modern you use the starting base reaction, which unless he is grumbling under his breath or wave a blaster at me, we can say he is the typical Superior than thou Imperial Officer (indifferent as hell) And as i have said on other occassions that is also why i use my Empathy skill to gauge their base emotional state..

The Diplomacy roll and chart show you from what base they started at and what alteration your Diplomacy shifts it too.

I do realise he may have other factors that may effect his choices...

Because if a persons skill can't even be used for what they put points into them for whats the point of taking it.. if everything is determined by just how you manage to convey yourself in text (which some people are good at and other's aren't,which is why they put it on their sheet,so the skill represents the actually players flaw.)

But maybe i have just managed to persuade him to go down another path,and offered to take him with us on our ship,as our liason into the Empire...

hell Even Han is an ex Imperial Officer, that's how Chewie became his mate, i think the story goes Han refused an order to kill him,which created a wookie life bond for him.

So even an Imperial Officer can potentially be convinced he's chosen the wrong path, i also give example of Finn, going against the Force order.

just for reference and i am not using this but the PF diplomacy fixes the KNOWN problems with the following:

This is a language-dependent ability. The creature must have an Intelligence of 3 or higher, and you must spend at least 1 minute interacting and conversing with the creature to change its attitude. The DC of this check is equal to either 10 + your opponent’s total Diplomacy skill bonus, or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR (or the encounter’s CR, if you are trying to change the attitude of a group of creatures), whichever is higher.  The DC is modified by the creature’s initial attitude and other circumstances, as determined by the GM.

So first you have to be able to talk to them having Capt translate won't cut it we would use his score then, and as seen even if we don't use the first part it is clear that there are DM modifiers that the player won't knows about when trying to get an NPC to help.

Also just for the record,if this is in the rebellion period of star wars,the stormtroopers by this stage weren't clones. but enlisted humans.

The clone made Arc troopers were made purely to defeat the seperatists.

The Emporer created the seperatists,as a means to give cause to the creation of the clone army,which would then be used to purge them,and enslave the rest of the Galaxy..but in the clones wars,the cloning facilities were targetted ,so the Emporer had to recruit enlisted men,they only sound the same in the movies due to their vox's in their helmets.

52 minutes ago, cheezal said:

Also just for the record,if this is in the rebellion period of star wars,the stormtroopers by this stage weren't clones. but enlisted humans.

The clone made Arc troopers were made purely to defeat the seperatists.

The Emporer created the seperatists,as a means to give cause to the creation of the clone army,which would then be used to purge them,and enslave the rest of the Galaxy..but in the clones wars,the cloning facilities were targetted ,so the Emporer had to recruit enlisted men,they only sound the same in the movies due to their vox's in their helmets.

You didnt ask how long the clones were gone 😉 the person running this is very knowledgable on setting much morecthan me for sure.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

"You didnt ask how long the clones were gone 😉 "

What do you mean? what question was there to ask? they were with us,then left...

or are you asking How long was the difference between the Arc Troopers and Stormtroopers..?

None of which i would even have a clue about...

Don't think it matters what questions i ask Npcs or players.. seems most have information sphincters tighter then a fish.

I asked a general history overlay of the war,how it began and what it is over..

If your Gm does know that information,and you don't,since he is gming this part, why aren't you just relaying what he says instead of saying nothing really that i can report back to the Captain,who probably already knows it.

We don't know each other at all.. besides what we have seen on display,no has been told what Samuel can do to ask for his aid in that way.. i.e Dominating..

In the past for posts I have learnt Enoch has some magic and can turn invisible,which i hadn't learnt in 4 years on a ship with him.

Don't know how anyone could coordinate this lot,not knowing their full capabilities..

Now it seems Vader knows the Captain.. which is another good thing the Captain might have said...if he had been to the SW galaxy before and encountered this guy, and the rest of us ,don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing,a safe thing or a dangerous thing.

Guess we shall just have to wing it like we always do..

I'm not sure where you're getting idea that they know the captain or he been here before. Yes you asked and they gave answer they were told to give. You didnt expect to get a honest answer from officer of the empire did you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without intro or anything else, he points to Theo and speaks "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" Even before the Capt translate it is more of a demand than a question. It does not take Kar Tesh to tell any of you this person is pissed, like on the verge of rage, on the walk to you which was only about a minute he clinched his fist 3 times. The Capt responds with " Dropping off your troops, Sir. " The person(as you can take if is a man or not but the voice is heavy breathing is mostly male, repeats the same question, which Capt repeats his reply without the Sir.

Ok to your point why would i say how does Vader know the Captain...

What are you doing here has two takes to the statement..

1) What are you doing here? as in what brings you to this galaxy and why are you aboard this or my ship?

2) What are You doing here? as in like Holy crap what are you doing here Captain?

to which your repsonse of Dropping off your troops, Sir. which denotes you are either being polite and cautious or a subordinate of this guy ,that has actually been in his army,unbeknownst to the rest of the crew,and acknowledging his commanding officer..even if it is a ruse in this galaxy.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, wrathgon said:

You must know nothing about Vader thats all i got to say.

Well... considering you didn't even know he had a ship... I would say i do know more than yourself,and my issue isn't my knowledge of Vader.. but more so a Language barrier,or your writing structure,that at times makes your posts a little hard to decipher...

but we perservere..

you prob do which is why I am not running this part 🙂 If you examine his actions in all the movies comics and novels, he is not one to ask questions but just demand things and expect answers. If he did not want something for me and us we already be under fire that much I do know. He is showing great restraint considering he is not used to people talking back to him and normally would just kill the person unless he needs something. What you don't seem to know is how force users see and detect undead and one as powerful as Theo is like the sun at night in the Force, he not going to be hiding anywhere in this galaxy is all I am saying....

Most of us have seen the Captains true form, when he went dormant on the Tardis..

To my knowledge of Star Wars i do not know of any thing that could be considered Undead in Star Wars Lore..

I havent fully seen the Clone wars cartoons,or Rebels.. i do know key parts of it though. like the world between worlds..that is how Ahsoka is in this new show.

I know there are Sith Sorcerors.. and Witches on Dathomir and they do deal with the Ether.. So hence why the Ethereal plane is here.

but i myself know Mind Probe could read your mind,or sense emotions to reveal things to him.. I wouldnt call him the prinicpal power...

The Emporer would be the most prominent, Yoda also..but yes if you take the midichlorian angle into account.

I don't know a force Light or Dark power that would bring down an illusion or switch off something causing an illusion.

But...as i said we press on...

Don't know what we are meant to do now in the current situation,besides wait for a cue from yourself..as you seem to want to talk to him now.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)