Game chat

wrathgon

Captain Theo is Evil in terms of DND alignments in my (player) eyes. But Evil doesn't mean uncaring. Theo finds out characters useful, so preserving is served him well. Whether he actually cares about them beyond raw usefulness is another story.

As for Leadership (mechanical bonuses). Providing support or guidance is not always altruistic. Just because someone is assisting, does not mean they're even friendly. Enoch (and apparently others') views of Kar Tesh are changing towards the positive - at least in my perspective. Good character growth all around. The auction and surrounding circumstances/events is an excellent example of us all working together better.

I'm excited for the captains departure, though the question remains of who would be left in charge...

so no as said this is a fully magic zone BUT you have to access magic through force and be force sensitive which you can only be if take a feat at 1st level. So it means there is no way even to learn how to access "magic" eg force here for any of us. That is just a OOC explanation to clear things up. Theo will still try to learn how to if we stay for any time here and will fail at every turn which will put him in a very foul mood to boot heh. While he does not make decisions for crew you will see that he has no desire to stay here for any length of time UNLESS something interesting( eg powerful he can use to take over universe) shows up 🙂 

PS I as the PLAYER of Theo are super paranoid that my DM got some big plan to take me out here without my soul gem so there is also that lol

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

I have a debate about this...Aren't we protected from the outside zone,due to the ship's multi dimensional field?

I.e i will give you an example.. The Captain when he left the ship and went onto the TARDIS he fell dormant,as it was a magic dead zone,and he recovered as soon as he left that space.

Second example, you have shown when we went Ethereal,that when the Wraith was sent off ship it just ceased to be...as soon as it left the protection of the field.

Now...i have to ask,when you fought the black ball..i am presuming by the fact there you used magic items i presume and spells to defeat it,that the zone wasnt what i will deem Star Wars space.

Now to clarify! when you went out and sat in the Necromancer.. did the Necromancer leave the field bubble? if so.. i would debate you havent been exposed to Star wars space and therefore your  soul gem magic is safe... if not... guess you have a right to be paranoid.. but on the other side of that...Do other casters on the ship still have their powers...

And has the ship shown any signs of issue ,having entered Star Wars space.. i.e. are there any built in magic to the ship,that this space is now effecting..

8 hours ago, evedgebah said:

Captain Theo is Evil in terms of DND alignments in my (player) eyes. But Evil doesn't mean uncaring. Theo finds out characters useful, so preserving is served him well. Whether he actually cares about them beyond raw usefulness is another story.

As for Leadership (mechanical bonuses). Providing support or guidance is not always altruistic. Just because someone is assisting, does not mean they're even friendly. Enoch (and apparently others') views of Kar Tesh are changing towards the positive - at least in my perspective. Good character growth all around. The auction and surrounding circumstances/events is an excellent example of us all working together better.

I'm excited for the captains departure, though the question remains of who would be left in charge...

he not ONLY evil in the DND alignment axis of things but ALSO an undead LICH(one of the most evil of the undead creatures) AND was the god of Necromancy Liches and undead to boot. The fact he hasnt just soul trap the lot of you raised you as undead and had you drive the ship as his undead puppets should surprise you. I have to continue to explain to my DM WHY i dont do that lol( and some of you i have that just that thought :P). There is a good reason which could you wont get out of me 🙂 

3 minutes ago, cheezal said:

I have a debate about this...Aren't we protected from the outside zone,due to the ship's multi dimensional field?

I.e i will give you an example.. The Captain when he left the ship and went onto the TARDIS he fell dormant,as it was a magic dead zone,and he recovered as soon as he left that space.

YES that is what I thought too... until i was told that is not the case here, LUCKY the core systems that are magical on the ship( D drive sensors some of the other systems) DO still work else we could have shown up and be dead in space. This is the danger of travelling the universe there are things that go bump in the night and places where the basic laws of physics and magic do not work or work so differently that you can understand how things work there.  

12 minutes ago, cheezal said:

Now...i have to ask,when you fought the black ball..i am presuming by the fact there you used magic items i presume and spells to defeat it,that the zone wasnt what i will deem Star Wars space.

Now to clarify! when you went out and sat in the Necromancer.. did the Necromancer leave the field bubble? if so.. i would debate you havent been exposed to Star wars space and therefore your  soul gem magic is safe... if not... guess you have a right to be paranoid.. but on the other side of that...Do other casters on the ship still have their powers...

And has the ship shown any signs of issue ,having entered Star Wars space.. i.e. are there any built in magic to the ship,that this space is now effecting..

no were not still outside the Galaxy so why it worked.

Yes that is what he was doing but remember i do things then report to DM who responses to me, even he did not realize that i would lose my gem until we sat down to determine the galaxy traits and how things work THEN we realize how bad it was. There has been no work on understanding Galaxy traits(downtime topic) but that is where what will tell us what happens BEFORE we get into a galaxy, which as you can see is kinda important.... Until we get someplace even I dont know what the traits are until DM tells me....

4 minutes ago, cheezal said:

My Take is for future pre jumps we make probes that go in advance of us. like Stargate Malfs. with all different gauges.. i.e magical detection.. see if magic functions or not.

yes that would be a good idea but you need to understand how galaxy traits work and interact which means researching them with downtime use the readings will  mean nothing and you need to be somewhere which has completely different traits then your normal galaxies o wait we are in one now 😛

2 minutes ago, wrathgon said:

@cheezal will you be able to finish up the talk with brothers so we can move on to arrival of commander, i am off next few days so i got lots of time to get things moved along as you guys keep moving along as well.

I would... don't want to annoy Enoch.. but not sure if he realised i wasn't in the same room as he was.. or didn't directly say,but said it through the comms...

but karteshs take would be "Why? "" having no idea what has transpired with the Captain or our magics..unless something happend in regard to the ship.. then i would expect Zora would be sounding out.

I can wrap it up, but i do want to speak with the Captain first.. i don't trust these guys and think we should do something about them first...to either get em on our side.. but without charms etc..we can't do that.. can our mind wiper work...like we used on the Collector..?

But i think we need to know off them where the wormhole is..as they are the only one's who know of it..and hence the only way to get back.. if we lose them into the rank and file we will never get that info.

Or if a ISD shows up,maybe we can convince them to try and come through to Capital..but that opens up another situation..

as said the ship core systems SEEM to be able to still work the same way something capt can do still work dont want to reveal too much OOC and take away from IC discovery of what does and does not work. As said i am finding out how things work only a few moments before you all do, its the nature of this game that YOUR DM still gets to be surprised in his own game lol.

4 minutes ago, cheezal said:

I would... don't want to annoy Enoch.. but not sure if he realised i wasn't in the same room as he was.. or didn't directly say,but said it through the comms...

but karteshs take would be "Why? "" having no idea what has transpired with the Captain or our magics..unless something happend in regard to the ship.. then i would expect Zora would be sounding out.

i mean they been soo helpful am sure they just spill all about the force right 😛