Game chat

wrathgon

4 hours ago, darlis moonbeam said:

Sorry guys I have been sick and just have not been able to shake it. Swear I have not forgotten about you.

HE LIVES! just remember if you die you dont get off posting, Theo will raise you to continue the game....

@cheezal you need to stop thinking a Diplomacy as a roll and a check on chaîrt. Two reason why that is not how it should work. 1. You shouldnt know how well you do, this skill does not give your ESP you got no clue what your saying is working or how well exactly it has worked! 2. If it worked the way you wan it all you do is max skill take feats gets boostscto get +35 now every single npc ever in the game you meet in regreadless if lvl stat or anything. 

What you dont take into cobsideration is the situation you put the person in if do help you, it the penalty for helping outsider is death dont you think there shoukd be a modifer for them to risk life for you? And the more wise a person the harder it should be just influeance like some common peasant. Those two factors have to be entered when using that dip chart 

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Mate. My pc at present is a pure D20 Modern construct,The Diplomacy i use isn't the D&D variant,or whatever variation you want it to be..at whatever time you choose.

In Modern you use the starting base reaction, which unless he is grumbling under his breath or wave a blaster at me, we can say he is the typical Superior than thou Imperial Officer (indifferent as hell) And as i have said on other occassions that is also why i use my Empathy skill to gauge their base emotional state..

The Diplomacy roll and chart show you from what base they started at and what alteration your Diplomacy shifts it too.

I do realise he may have other factors that may effect his choices...

Because if a persons skill can't even be used for what they put points into them for whats the point of taking it.. if everything is determined by just how you manage to convey yourself in text (which some people are good at and other's aren't,which is why they put it on their sheet,so the skill represents the actually players flaw.)

But maybe i have just managed to persuade him to go down another path,and offered to take him with us on our ship,as our liason into the Empire...

hell Even Han is an ex Imperial Officer, that's how Chewie became his mate, i think the story goes Han refused an order to kill him,which created a wookie life bond for him.

So even an Imperial Officer can potentially be convinced he's chosen the wrong path, i also give example of Finn, going against the Force order.

I think Wrath is asking you to stop explicitly referring to the table. Your last post was basically "chart says X, which one of the listed actions should I request?" It would have been better to have Kar-Tesh, start talking again (fishing for info as Ozen suggested) and letting Wrathgon convey through the characters actions how their disposition has changed and what they are willing to do. More importantly there could be circumstance penalties that make the result fall into a different category, which is also why I'd avoid explicit references to the table.

You also could use Sense Motive to get a more specific sense of their disposition and how they might react. For example Finn was already disaffected (he's kinda a terrible example given how quickly he went from being a storm trooper who didn't like killing to enthusiastically killing his former comrades. Like took all of 10 minutes) but what if they are a Imperial hardliner with paladin levels of honor? What they do for even a friend would likely be bound by their perceived duty. Or they could be a rebel spy for all we know, it's only been a few minutes and we just got their name,  good thinking asking for that too. Definitely could help with rapport.

I'm not saying it can't be used to what the skill says it to. I'm saying that it can't be used for automatic to win every single time every time you meet a new npc and that's exactly how that skill is written. It'd be like allowing charm person to work without a saving throw and letting it used at will. what I'm trying to say and is what our colleague pointed out. Don't tell me what the npcs going to do based on your roll. I can read the chart and I will react based on all the factors some of them You won't actually know because you're not the DM. I mighy just make it a dm roll if you keep on this path

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Question about Ozen's collective... doesn't it have a limited number of people allowed..

He only used it when we were seperated by four years.. with the on ship crew ,not Enoch and Myself...

So those people are still his collective,until he establishes a new one...and those people have to be at the time near him ,i believe and accept the link.

Have those conditions been met?

Everyone else has accepted if you dont then tell me and I will not include you in the network, he has enough space for everyone in away party. The network is created new each time he needs it. Its not up perm.