Brinestump OOC [LPF]

• 1 month later...

Take care everyone. We finished up Christmas and I am actually back at work when it is quiet. We'll busy against next weekend at New Years time and the days after.

Hopefully everyone can resume normal posting next week.

In the meantime...

I offered my elderly neighbor lady $20 to take me up her stair lift. She's going to take me up on it. :p

Edited by Paro (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hope everyone had a happy holidays.

We are now over 1 month since there was a post IC and skill checks were requested. If we do not resume soon, then I guess we can wrap this up without an ending and call it quits. It is one thing to be busy over the holidays, but another to not even bother saying anything OOC either.

Edited by Paro (see edit history)

I was the last one to post IC. All I see before that was a request for a skill check, without stating which skill was to be used. Would it be survival, some kind of lore skill, stealth?

Sorry. I have 0 or less in survival and stealth, and I was waiting for someone with those skills to post. When no posts were occurring, this game became grouped with my other games without updates.

12 hours ago, Starhawk said:

All I see before that was a request for a skill check, without stating which skill was to be used. Would it be survival, some kind of lore skill, stealth?

Sure some of those skills would work. If there are any other creative skill uses that make sense, that could work.

Probably need some Handle Animal skill checks, but there are some ways to mitigate the DC to have it auto-successful on Take 10. Depends on who you all are planning to manage the crossing.

Pushing an Animal is DC 25, guys. It will take more than just rolling some dice on Aid Another to get there.

Barlo succeeded his roll so the Take 10 is up to 19, and needs some more Aid Another Rolls and likely some other actions that make it easier to get the animals to cross the river for some circumstance bonus to lower the DC.

Pushing an animal is for forcing an animal to perform a trick that it doesn't know. Isn't being guided by someone the standard trick for a draft animal?

Swimming across a swamp river is not a standard trick. Like I said, you can mitigate the DC with some other creativity instead of just Rolling dice. Casimir offered one such idea already.

I did not actually see any posted actions, even in the narration or dialog, just dice rolling that indicated you were making a Handle Animal check to get the oxen to move. I interpreted that as shooing and urging the oxen into the water from behind since you all were not specific. Therefore pushing them.

No one actually posted any action to show how Guiding the oxen across was to work.