Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  3 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

The Grand Forest Beckons


Grendel

Recommended Posts

Lightbringer rounds up some extra blankets if anyone is lacking and offers the wagon as a place to bed down for anyone who is not comfortable on the ground.  Caelyn, of course, doesn't sleep; she seems to stare off into the stars for a couple of hours, eyes open a alert enough to respond if spoken to, but her mind was clearly somewhere else.  But by dawn it is clear she has been up most of the night, tending the fire and and otherwise busying about the camp.

Breakfast is mostly bread and butter and then the men break camp loading the tents and other heavy gear in the wagon, hitching the only two mules in the herd to it, and then mounting up for the ride to Ravenwood town.  The party follows the road due South on the eastern side of the river for half a day, with farmsteads dotting the eastern side of the landscape.  On the western side of the river in the distance is a forest.  By noon time the party approaches a fork in the river; as it flows West from the Eastern mountains, the river forks at this point, one part turning North which you and te road have been following; another continues West.  At the fork in the river there are two stone bridges, one on either side of a small village dominated by a watermill.

Just outside of the village Lightbringer and his men set up camp, though they do not set everything up elaborately, they simply dismount, rest the horses, and prepare a meal.


OOC:  You speak with each other or any NPCs along the way, and if you wish to go into town you may.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngLeslus Bruti marches along as surefooted as any banner-knight, though his body language projects something much closer to resignation than pride. While he might have been content to spend most of the journey silently munching on some sort of nondescript meat jerky, the ever-reticent Brother Bruti nevertheless manages to muster up enough interest to at least converse a little with his newfound comrades.

"Tell me a little of yourselves. Lightbringer hired the two of you to locate the Lady," - and here Bruti gives a sidelong glance to Ehrick and Kaspar - "while Caspian has just joined the...entourage, I guess it is. What whim or obligation carries you alongside Ligthbringer? I suppose the real question is: why?"

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Prayer of Healing, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 21/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 1/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

 

 

Having rested a night, Kaspar is confidently striding along the Caravan, trying to become familiar with as many faces as possible. As he is planning to seek out the soldiers during the next rest. Soldiers were always appreciative of stories, and he might even pick up some new ones. He is almost surprised when the taciturn looking Borther Bruti speaks up, but recovers quickly.

"Lightbringer reached out to a couple of individuals and offered us the job of extracting Miss Caelyn. Thinking of it we never really settled on the payment for the job, but we have received a small purse for expenses. The two others got lost along the job. I don't know much about Ehrick, but I'm a man of the word and the stage. If you ever need a recital of the feats of the heroic age, in verse, I'm your man." then as he was aghast of a conversation going silent "I understand you are on an extended Journey"

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBrother Bruti's mouth upturns on one side in what might have been a very mild smirk if one could see through his bristles. His voice is deep and flat, with the slight rasp of one who does not speak overly often, and his delivery gives the impression of someone who has heard the joke enough times already.

"In a manner of speaking, yes. I did not find myself well-suited to the role of soldier or priest, but the Eastern Orthodox Church of Sidonia allows for independent acolytes."

He shrugs lightly, inclining his head to one side.

"So I go where I am needed. Which, surprise, is everywhere."

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Prayer of Healing, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian is silent for a lot of the trip, but as soon as the brother begins to speak he grins, "Dear brother, I was invited along, I honestly only came to see what the ruckus was about with Randal, and happened to make some new friends. I got a good feeling and Lightbringer looked at me like he knew me." Caspian lights his pipe, puffing out plumes of sweet smelling smoke "Besides, I haven't seen Demetri in almost 3 years, it will be good to see him and this so called wife of his." Caspian squints up at the sun trying to determine how much daylight they have left.

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick enjoys the meal. When offered a spot in a wagon to sleep he declines.

I prefer to sleep under the stars. At least on good weather days.

In the morning he eats some berries and nuts he found along with the bread offered and then walks along with the group as they set out. He tends to range out a bit from the wagons. Sometimes going ahead, sometimes to either side and sometimes to the rear of the group. During one of the times when he is back close to the others he hears Brother Bruti's comments. He nods in agreement to Kaspar's comments of how they got involved with Lightbringer.

I guess I could be described as a ranger, a hunter, a scout, there are lots of descriptions to cover what I do. I grew up in this area, out in the farmlands. I got bored with that life and have set out wandering, trying to help out where I can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png"I was supposed to be a cook," says Leslus, nodding sympathetically at Ehrick's remark.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Prayer of Healing, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


When the group stops outside the town, Ehrick heads on in to talk to the local guards/militia and the tavern owner, and see if everything is quiet or if there might be something they need some help with. For the most part that is what he does when he is wandering. Stops in and sees what all is going on in the town. Maybe stay and help if the need and want it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ehrick goes into town for a short while and speaks with the town constable (Mr. Tanon) and the tavern keeper (Mr. Gundigroot).  They tell him the town is mostly quiet, despite the high traffic on the road, and their only concern is that a group of travelers from the town had traveled to Baron Essermark's manor and were due back yesterday, but have not arrived.  They expect the group to be spending some extra time at Ravenwood town.  The travelers included the towns librarian and teacher, who tends a small library gifted to the town by the King over a hundred years ago.  Otherwise, all is normal.

Unless Ehrick or someone else wants to delay, Lightbringer organizes to push on through the afternoon and early evening to reach Ravenwood today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 21/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 1/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaapar wouldn’t mind staying a bit longer in the charming town, as he has never found a library he didn’t like. But he is aware that Lightbringer is setting the pace, he isn’t making his preference known. He is chatting with a few bystanders, just to get a feeling for his general surroundings.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick promises tp ask around in Raventown to see if anyone knows where the missing group is. He gets their names so he can ask after them.

He then heads back out and joins Lightbringer's group as they are ready to move on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ehrick is told by the constable that the overdue travelers are Eslel Shives, the librarian; Morokim Leter, the miller's second son who is an apprentice ranger in the Grand Duchess' service; and a farmer named Joop Wortman, who takes a wagon load of barley to Ravenwood regularly for the brewery there.

Kaspar can visit the library; it is small by his standards as he has seen the Grand Duchess' library at Pachten.  In a building the size of a large home what would be the main floor room (living/dining) has all four walls covered in book shelves with three study tables in the center.  The Librarian's older of two daughters, Lorlye, greets him and let's him look around and read, keeping a careful eye on him.  (She is about 20 years old).

In the afternoon the party travels onward to Ravenwood town, arriving long after nightfall as the autumn days are getting shorter.  The watchman at the gate is at first surprised by the arrival of such a group, but lets them in and directs them to the Inn, the Raven's Roost.  The Inn is a large complex of buildings with ample stables, a yard between them and the buildings proper, both of which front on the market square.  The two buildings are connected in the center where an arched corridor runs through the rear yard.  On one side is the common room on the ground floor and the less expensive shared rooms above; on the other side are several private rooms on both floor that are set up as sitting rooms with nice fire places and turned into bedrooms in the evening.  The innkeeper, Mr. Arlo Avery, greets the party himself and offers a private dining room on the ground floor for Lightbringer and his guests, inviting them to join the commons after a meal.


OOC:  The town is modeled somewhat after Bree and the Roost after the Prancing Pony.  Description of the towns is now in the Grand Duchy of Sauscony thread, though Ravenwood is in fact surrounded by the Barony of Essermark.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 21/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 1/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaspar enters the inn and begins looking for the proprietor, loathing to spend any money on accommodations when there are other ways to pay for it. He asks the first person he runs into "Good day Sir, I'm looking for the master of this fine Establishment. I'm a storyteller and entertainer of some renown and would like to make him a business proposition. Can you perhaps direct me to him?" He smiles endearingly.

 

oocUsing her tge featuer "by popular demand"

You can always find a place to perform, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble's court. At such a place, you receive free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you perform each night. In addition, your performance makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have performed, they typically take a liking to you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The proprietor, Mr. Avery had come out to greet such a distinguished party and smiles when Kaspar asks to see him.  "'Tis I, Mr. Avery; Arlo Avery, my brother is the brewmaster.  What sort of business did you have in mind?"  He says as he directs some servants to prepare the private dining room for Lightbringer, Caelyn and anyone of you who will join them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 21/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 1/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

"Ah Master Avery, such a pleasure of making your acquaintance." Kaspar stage bows smartly "My name is Kaspar of Ederthal, perhaps you have heard of me. I'm but a humble story teller, and it would please me to perform for your guests. Take them to exotic places, fill their mind with adventures and increase their thirst for stories." after a quick glance at the inn keeper " ... and other refreshments."

"It is a requirement of my occupation to make the offer to such a fine host as you, to provide a nights entertainment in exchange for food and lodging. What do you say good sir?"

 

 

ooc: by popular demandUsing her tge featuer "by popular demand"

You can always find a place to perform, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble's court. At such a place, you receive free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you perform each night. In addition, your performance makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have performed, they typically take a liking to you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...