Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  5 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

The Grand Forest Beckons


Grendel

Recommended Posts

spacer.pngLeslus continues to squint as he listens to his allies thoughts, finally becoming slightly less tense with a long, loud exhale through his nose that made his mustache ripple.

"Fine. To be fair, if it's goblins then a daytime approach is advantageous, and they're unlikely to be traveling at all, probably a clan or warren near the road and a case of bad luck. The wagon idea might work, but we can discuss that once we know more."

He shrugs, readjusting his weapons and taking a step towards Kaspar, still speaking to the group.

"Let's see what we can figure out tonight. I'll join those heading to the tavern for a while, but remember our best bet is to leave as early a possible. "

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Prayer of Healing, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightbringer agrees that setting off in the morning is best.  When dinner is finished he retires for the evening to his room.  Caelyn decides to stay in the parlor where dinner was served for a while.  The various retainers go about their duties and taking their rest as well, leaving Ehrick, Brother Bruti, Kaspar and Caspian to go to the common room for a drink and to enjoy Kaspar's performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 21/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 1/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Performance night

 

Kaspar embarks on a lengthy tale of a beautiful young woman. Driven out of her home by jealous parts of her family. Being entirely destitute she leaves the town and starts living by her wits in the woods and the wilderness. After a short period of time she gains the confidence of a small mining community and starts living with a group of the unattached men.
 

Kaspar carefully let slip that those men were of dwarfish origin and very much taken with the beautiful young woman.
 

Before long her past is catching up to her and she ends up dead, the heart broken miners lay her up in a golden coffin with countless gems attached.
The coffin and body is still rumored to be in a Forest of unknown name.

 

Edit: After the performace Kaspar is mingling with the other guests listening to their chit chat and stories. In general making friends

 

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)
Name
performance
18
1d20+7 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBruti's first order of business is at the counter.

"Any ale is fine."

He turns and leans back, one elbow on the brass rail, and listens to Kaspar's take on a familiar tale along with the rest, sipping his ale and quietly observing the room. As the modest applause fades, he catches the barkeep's eye again, gesturing for a refill.

"What'd you think?" he asks with eyebrow raised, nodding his head towards Kaspar.

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Prayer of Healing, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Name
Perception check
7
1d20+5 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick sits and finishes his ale as Kaspar tells his tale and applauds along with everyone else. Afterwards he finishes his ale and heads to bed. He is too concerned about the missing people for his conscience to let him sit here and try to have a good time. He goes up to the innkeeper and inquires about a room for the night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kaspar's tale is a hit in the common room of the inn.  It's similarity to other tales makes it familiar and so comforting, but the differences make for some surprises and freshness.  The company in the common room in the evening is mostly men and the talk is mostly about the weather, work, harvests, and the state of winter preparations.  The innkeeper, Mr. Avery, obliges Ehrick with a room.  His eldest son is tending the board and responds to Bruti in between serving other guests.  "It's a good bit of talking, I like it," he says.  "Where you from?"

 


I will skip to the morning unless someone has something else specific in mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian settles in and listens to Kaspar. His mind obviously lost on other subjects, He comes back to the moment as Kaspar finishes, adding his own appauluse as if he was paying attention. Caspian disappears outside for a while before returning to the inn and requesting a room. 

Actions/OOC

OOC: 

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBruti nods appreciatively to the barman.

"East, and just passing by. Overheard somebody went missing, goblin raiders and such, so me and my new friends here are going to bring them back. You know anything about this Wortman situation?" he asks, eyebrows raised over the rim of his mug.

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Didn't know he was missing," the man says.  He goes to attend another guest and then returns.  "If there be goblins about they'd be in the forest.  Surprised the Baron's ranger hasn't dealth with 'em if they are, though," he adds conversationally, though he certainly looks concerned about the situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

During the evening the companions pick up some information about the goings on around Ravenwood town.  The dwarves of the quarry and the loggers at their camp are fortifying, complaining of goblin raids in the Eastern and Southern regions.  The Baron Essermark has a ranger on his retinue who is charged with keeping the peace in the Grand Forest.  Since Ravenwood is not part of the Baron's domain, the folk here grumble about the ranger 'not doing his job' but don't really have a recourse.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

After a good nights sleep in an actual bed, Kaspar feels like a new man. He gathers his gear at the first rays of sunshine, and walks towards the front of the inn, to be ready for the closer look at the surrounding land, that Ehrick evidently had in mind.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngThey didn't find out all that much, but it was enough to go on. Leslus was pretty confident that even a novice tracker could find a few goblins, and his companions looked capable enough. He slept, he dressed, and he prayed - or rather he mumbled to himself, mulling over half-thoughts about what magical aid he might need for the day as he unsuccessfully polished his armor, before leaving his room to locate coffee, breakfast, and the others, preferably in that order.

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick joins the rest of the group in the morning to have some breakfast and discuss where they are headed.

Okay, here is what I discovered. We have three people on a wagon, coming from the west, who vanished. We also have rumors of goblin raids that are happening east and south of here, which is the same direction that the Baron lives.

So we can go with Lightbringer in the direction of the Baron, looking for signs of goblins as we go, or we can head back west and try to find the place where the wagon went off the road and follow that to find the wagon and hopefully the missing people.

I personally would like to head back west and find the wagon, as I said I would look for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaspar nods to Ehrick “I think you are right Ehrick, these people will need help fast, that is if they are not beyond any help yet. I’ll join you if you have me. Lightbringer should be fine, for the time being. Has anybody asked the inn keeper for some provisions yet?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngLeslus downs about a third of his coffee without registering how hot it is, thanks the innkeeper with an obliging nod and plods stoically over to join Kaspar and Ehrick's table, putting his plate down noisily.

"Provisions? What, you run out of rope?" he deadpans sardonically, picking up his fork and segmenting a sausage paired with a fried egg and baked beans. He shrugs and shakes his head. "They have food, at least. Caltrops, I dunno," he concludes with a mouthful of breakfast, as flatly as ever.

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...