Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  5 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

The Grand Forest Beckons


Grendel

Recommended Posts

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 20/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian curses as he turns to face his opponent "Stand back friends this one is mine!". Time for a little redemption after missing both my shots...

He steps toward the hobgoblin and stabs at him with his blade...

Actions/OOC

OOC:

Action: Attack W/ Rapier

Bonus: 

Interact:

Move: 

Free: 

Reaction:

Edited by Wolfe208 (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
25
1d20+10 15
Rapier
9
1d20+5 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick  Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick moves in and slashes at the hobgoblin with his sword. His aim is true, but he doesn't catch as much of the hobgoblin as he had hoped to.

OOC

Right Hand: Scimitar

Left Hand: Torch

 

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Attack
18
1d20+5 13
Damage
5
1d6+3 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The hobgoblin yells in his own language, and then swings his sword in a two-handed grip.  It is a skillful slash, and he catches Ehrick solidly in the mid section.  Though a powerful blow, however, a combination of luck and Ehrick's armor means it could have been far worse.

 


Lucky on the damage roll.  Kaspar and Bruti up next.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Name
Attack
23
1d20+3 20
roll
8
2d8+1 4,3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 18/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Seeing the Hogoblin striking Ehrick makes Kaspar angry, his rapier comes up as he closes the distance then strike for his opponents throat „take this foul creature, and go to the special hell reserved for poor tippers.

 

Name
Rapier attack and damge
15; 7
1d20+5;1d8+3 [10]; [10,4]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kaspar slices open the hobgoblin's throat at the point where the hauberk under his plate mail ends, nearly severing his head, the dark blood gushing forth.  This chamber appears to be a common gathering place; a hearth with smoldering embers is in the center and it is surrounded by low, flat stones used as seats.  There are two passages aside from the entrance on opposite sides, one to the East and one to the West.*

There is barely a moment to spare once the sentry is dead as the sounds of more armor rattling and hobgoblin voices can be heard from the western passage.


* The entrance comes in from the North.  You have one, maybe two rounds to prepare for the next batch.  Actions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick  Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 19/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ow. Thought you said you had this? 

Anyway, we better get ready for more company.

He says a quick chant and places his hand on himself to heal some if not all of his wounds. He puts his torch down and draws his other sword.

OOC

Right Hand: Scimitar

Left Hand: Scimitar

Spell slots: 1 of 2 left.

 

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Cure wounds on self
3
1d8+2 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 18/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Shall we split up, 2 to each entrance or make our stand here as a group? I would think we are better iff if we never let those beasts out of the tunnels.“

Kaspara's eyes dart between the two tunnels trying to decid if it is worth to do something to the entrance they don't plan to defend.

 

OOC is the second entrance further than 60 ft away?

 

Edit: Grendel had asked for a bit of non spoken context

 

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick  Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 19/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


I would recommend sticking together. Right now there is only noise coming from the west, so I say we get ready and attack the first one that comes out. Bottle neck the passage so only one or two can get out at a time and take them out that way. But be ready to fall back to the passage we came in from if we can't hold them. Or if something starts coming from the other passage.

 

He tries to guess how many are coming by the sound of them.

OOC

Right Hand: Scimitar

Left Hand: Scimitar

Spell slots: 1 of 2 left.

 

Name
Perception
16
1d20+4 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngBrother Bruti rolls his eyes slightly in the flickering torchlight.

"Coulda sworn somebody said that before..." he mumbles, trailing off wearily as he scoots up to the mouth of the western passage, flanking it on one side and gesturing for Caspian to take the opposite position.

"Remember, no resurrections. We swallow up whatever comes through here."

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 (18) HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 1/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move: as described

Free: maintaining concentration on Magic Weapon

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 20/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian looks at his swords dumbfounded. The last time I had a fight was with the Finger I Killed.... Is this Deus' punishment for taking life? He looks at his companions quickly steeling himself and turning towards the direction of the new threat. He flanks opposite to the Brother and prepares himself

Actions/OOC

OOC:

Action:

Bonus: 

Interact:

Move: 

Free: 

Reaction:

Edited by Wolfe208 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In less than half a minute a group of hobgoblins comes marching into the room, two abreast as that is all that fits in the passageway. They have heavy armor that looks like plates sewn together with chainmail, lacquered and painted in red-tones and black. They growl as they move to attack.

 


Retaining the initiative order unless you guys want to roll again.

Caspian 29, Hobgoblins 19, Bruti 12, Ehrick 9 and Kaspar 6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 20/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian mutters a quick prayer before attempting to skewer the closest Hobgoblin, using the attack to spring off of his target, Caspian flips backwards, creating space between himself and his targets with a series of flips and round offs.

Actions/OOC

OOC:

Action: Attack

Bonus: Dash

Interact:

Move: close distance, strike, move 40 feet away (out of range)

Free: 

Reaction:

Edited by Wolfe208 (see edit history)
Name
Rapier
17
1d20+5 12
Rapier Damage
15
3d6+3 3,6,3
Acrobatics
27
drop(2d20,lowest,1)+7 20,17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Caspian skewers the first hobgoblin the enter the room, killing him and then back flipping to put distance between himself and the others. The second hobgoblin in the line strikes out at Caspian with a slash from his sword, hoping to catch the rogue before he escapes. The second row pair of hobgoblins move up behind him, stepping over their fallen comrade, to attack Ehrick with his pair of scimitars and Bruti, with his fearsome appearance.

The first slash cuts Caspian, but it is a minor flesh wound. The second row hobgoblins fail to hit their marks, the swords missing.

 


By my read of the rules, Caspian provokes an Attack of Opportunity; Disengage is an action that replaces an Attack, unless done as a bonus action allowed by a class feature. The one he attacked wouldn't have been able to do an AoO due to Fancy Footwork, but the one next to him can.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Name
Hobgoblin 2 Attack AoO
21
1d20+3 18
AoO Damage
2
1d8 2
Hobgoblin 2 Regular Attack
13
1d20+3 10
Hobgoblin 3 Attack Ehrich
9
1d20+3 6
Hobgoblin 4 Attack Bruti
5
1d20+3 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 19/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick easily dodges the hobgoblins attack, this time, and retaliates with both blades.

OOC

If allowed, and the first attack drops the first hobi, then he would use the second on another.

 

Right Hand: Scimitar

Left Hand: Scimitar

Spell slots: 1 of 2 left.

 

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Attack rolls
17
repeat(1d20+5,1) 12
2nd attack roll
21
1d20+5 16
Damage
8,5
repeat(1d6+3,2) 5,2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEasily avoiding the first attack directed his way, Bruti stands his ground, nonplussed, and lashes out at the closest Hobgoblin in retaliation, bringing his scimitar downward on a diagonal, then pivots and backslashes, the divine energies of his blade tracing a fleeting pattern in the air.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 (18) HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

War Priest - 2/3 per long rest

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 1/2

Actions/OOC

Action: Two attacks

Bonus: using War Priest for a second attack

Interact:

Move: nope

Free: maintaining concentration on Magic Weapon

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Name
Scimitar Attack (incl. Magic Weapon)
18
1d20+5 13
1st attack damage on hit
8
1d6+3 5
2nd Scimitar Attack (incl. Magic Weapon)
18
1d20+5 13
2nd attack damage on hit
4
1d6+3 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...