Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  3 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

The Grand Forest Beckons


Grendel

Recommended Posts

spacer.pngBruti stops and holds up a hand to signal the rest of the party to pause as well. As he speaks, he puts away his bow and straps on his shield

"An opening in the rock, down by the base. Look," he says, pointing with his free hand. "Looks likely."

Squinting, and with a resigned grumble, Brother Bruti draws his scimitar in nonplussed anticipation.

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian hangs near the back, his weapon drawn and ready, “Tread with caution my friends, I fear we are walking into a trap” It felt too easy, no way these creatures didn’t have some sort of defense set up to protect themselves

Actions/OOC

OOC: Going to stealth and just stay around the group but hidden as I can in the bushes and undergrowth around us as we travel.

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free: 

Reaction:

Name
Perception
4
1d20+3 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick  Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Good eyes Brother.

Ehrick stows his bow. He then pulls out a torch and glances at the others.

It is likely to be dark in there so you may want to get your torches or lanterns out and lit before we go in.

He then lights his torch and draws one of his scimitar. When the others are ready he will head for the cave unless Caspian wants to try to sneak ahead and check it out.

OOC

Right Hand: Scimitar

Left Hand: Torch

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

"I see rather well in the dark, if you like I can walk aheadand if you see me falling prone, you will know to loosen same arrows. Whatdi you think?" He thinks to himself “i might not be able to read a trail but I can spring a trap with the best of them

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBrutus takes one long breath, in and out slowly with something of a pause in the middle, his squinting eyes staring in the direction of the entrance but his obviously focused on what lies beyond. He speaks flatly, his voice low and terse.

"Need my hands free, but two or three torches is plenty if we keep together. Kaspar, tread cautiously and not too far ahead."

Brutus picks a bit of jerky from his teeth with a thumb and rolls his shoulders. He speaks again, as if suddenly remembering the nature of his work.

"Anyone know what the gobs around here worship? Always a chance they can be cowed by a little pomp and an authoritative voice. Not putting any coin on it, though," he adds under his breath.

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Name
Religion check (what do I know about the goblins' practices?)
5
1d20+3 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ehrcik lights a torch as Kaspar moves ahead to see what he can discern, while Brother Bruti readies his weapons and Caspian stands alert.  The opening is rough hewn, not circular with no sign of being worked by hand; the underbrush (shrubs and bushes) grow right up to it, camouflaging and concealing it quite naturally.  It is almost pitch black in there, what little light enters past the foliage shows an irregular passage that turns left within five paces.

 


Only Ehrick has torches on his equipment list.  I believe Kaspar has a candle.  I'm assuming Ehric is lighting one torch and that is what light you have.

Kaspar, Stealth and Perception, please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaspar moves slowly and as silently as he can forward. The darkness feeling at the same time like an old friend and enemy. What will this cavern hold in place for them?

 

 

Name
Stealth
9
1d20+4 5
Perception
18
1d20+1 17
Initiative
16
1d20+1 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kaspar enters the cave carefully and just as he peers around the corner a couple of paces in he hears, smells and sees two nearly man-sized goblins, their skin where visible is a reddish color, they wear chain mail armor and have long swords.  They become aware of him at the same time and go for their sheathed weapons.

 


This will be Round 1.  Everyone roll Initiative.  Kaspar can try and lure them out with Deception and some sort of act, perhaps pretending he is alone and scared.

Name
Initiative
19
1d20+1 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaspar sneaks his hand between his back, signalling 2 fingers to the men behind him, before pretending to stumble and falling down. Actually keeping his feet firmly under himself, to be quickly able to spring into action. "Damn, can I be any more clumsy?"

 

OOC:

Kaspar is orienting himself in a direction, so that he will face the 2 Goblins, should they attack.

Name
deception
17
1d20+5 12
my intitiative
6
1d20+3 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick  Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick pauses when he sees Kaspar's hand signal and prepares for combat.

OOC

Right Hand: Scimitar

Left Hand: Torch

 

Name
Initiative
9
1d20+3 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBrother Bruti rolls his shoulders and shifts his feet slightly, anticipating that it will not remain quiet for long.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free: Roll Initiative

Reaction:

 

Name
Roll for Initiative
12
1d20+2 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

OOC: It looks like the goblinoids have the initiative at 19, followed by Bruti, Ehrick, Kaspar and then Caspain who hasn't rolled and is assumed at 1.

Kaspar pretends to stumble and drops down.  The two goblinoid creatures say something in their own language, a sound that seems fit for malice, as they draw their swords and move in wit clear murderous intent.  Outside the voices are clearly heard as they did not think to take precautions, believing Kaspar to be a lone fool.  They both try and skewer the bard but he is too nimble for the first one, and even the second thrust only manages to cut him rather than stabbing through his body.


OOC:  The rest of you may now go.  Those outside will have to move into the cave to see the enemies, but can do so with a single 30' move and still attack.  Kaspar takes 4 points slashing damage.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Name
Right One Attack
9
1d20+3 6
Left One Attack
17
1d20+3 14
Damage
4
1d8+1 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngHearing the voices of the goblinoids and the sounds of blades being drawn, Brother Bruti pauses for just a split-second, mouthing something unintelligible that causes his scimitar to ripple ever-so-slightly with divine energies. Then he rushes into the cave, where he sees Kaspar on the ground and under attack from what he assumes are probably Hobgoblins. Advancing on the nearest miscreant, he voices his annoyance.

"Deus has many faces, and very few of them will mind if I kill you. You are encouraged to drop your weapons and surrender," he says before slashing his blade at the foe.

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 1/2

Actions/OOC

Action: melee attack with scimitar

Bonus: cast Magic Weapon

Interact:

Move: as described

Free: verbally harangue hobgoblin

Reaction:

 

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Name
Scimitar Attack (incl. Magic Weapon)
21
1d20+5 16
damage roll
4
1d6+3 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick  Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick rushes in right behind Bruti and takes a slash and the closest goblin with his scimitar. He is not sure why Kaspar is on the ground, but he will do his best to get the little green goblins off of him.

OOC

Right Hand: Scimitar

Left Hand: Torch

 

Name
Attack with Scimitar
24
1d20+5 19
Damage
8
1d6+3 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 18/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaspar groans slightly as he get's up "I love it when a plan comes together." He sees Bruti and Ehrick ripping into the attackers. If there is an enemy still alive he swings his rapier at it.

Name
rapier attack & damage
23; 10
1d20+5;1d8+3 [18]; [18,7]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...