Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  5 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

The Grand Forest Beckons


Grendel

Recommended Posts

spacer.pngBruti nods at Caspian's suggestion and keeps his eyes peeled as they await his reconnaissance, his free hand hovering near the sheaf of arrows on his hip.

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action: Making a Perception check as we follow the trail

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Caspian sneaks off towards the copse of trees as the others hang back to give him room.  Approaching quietly, he sees nothing at first, but as he gets within knife-throw a flock of birds takes flight noisily from the copse and he sees a jumble of branches, leaves and wagon remains partly concealed and camouflaged within the copse.  The wheels are off and it is partly chopped as though with axes or or heavy swords.  The cargo of barley is scattered and dumped on the earth, the birds were having a feast.


Yes, everyone saw the birds alight.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick nods at Caspians suggestion and waits with an arrow ready in his bow. When the birds fly out, his instincts had him react and his bow came up in a flash with the arrow pulled and ready to fly. However, noting that they were regular birds and just startled by Caspian moving in, he does not fire and slowly relaxes his pull.

Once informed of what is there he will move forward and check the destroyed wagon out as well as the area around it, looking for signs of the people that had been with the wagon. And tracks for whoever did this.

 

OOC: I rolled with advantage just in case the attackers were goblinoid. If not, then just use the first roll as it shows both if you click on it. Turns out that was the better roll anyways. 😉

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Survival check for tracking
21
keep(2d20,highest,1)+4 17,5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


After a few tense moments, Caspian pops back up about 30 feet away from the group, “Looks deserted but be on guard, we can approach the remains of the wagon. It looks like they stashed it there, we can probably pick up the trail from there.” He runs over and reacquires his pack. Then takes point to lead the men into the thicket without disturbing the tracks there

Actions/OOC

OOC: 

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free: 

Reaction:

Name
Survival
18
1d20+1 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caspian leads the others to the wagon remains in the copse and Ehrick does indeed find goblin tracks, heading generally East by Southeast, off the road and cutting across the countryside.  There are human tracks among them, it seems they took prisoners and made them run along with them.  Despite the fairly large number of goblin indicated, they covered their own tracks quite skillfully.  Only a combination of Ehrick's special affinity and the tracks for the human prisoners makes it possible to follow them.  He can also tell the wagon was deposited at least three days ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

"Ehrick, I don't understand a whole lot of those things, but this doesn't look good. Do you think there is a chance of finding the missing people alive?" He looks around and tries to put up a confident face while thinking. "If we want to do anything for them, we better hurry, and us is going to be all no time to call for reinforcements."

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBruti follows the others to the wagon, his eyes shifting back and forth from the site of the incident and the surrounding brush. He keeps his bow at the ready.

"I'd call it a nonzero chance. Lotta trouble to march hostages across the terrain if you're just going to kill them anyway. Why would goblins take prisoners at all? If they waylaid the wagon here, there's really no danger of giving way the location of their home. And there was no attempt at a ransom. Makes you wonder if the target was someone on the wagon, and not the cargo. Barley, right? I'm no expert, but I don't think goblins brew ale."

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action: Making a Perception check as we follow the trail

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick  Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


There a human tracks in among all the goblin tracks. I have no idea why they would take prisoners, but I would guess it is not a good one. They have a three day start on us. I suggest we get moving now and hope we arrive before it is too late.

Assuming the others will follow, Ehrick starts off in the direction the goblins were headed.

To help move things along, I can either give you several survival and perception checks or you can roll them yourself and then just let me know what he does or does not see.

Name
Survival check for tracking
17
keep(2d20,highest,1)+4 13,2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

 

"The let's go" Kaspar falls in behind Ehrick, and just for his own amusement looks at the tracks. Funny little marks on the ground rarely telling him anything.

 

 

Name
Survival
11
1d20 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian almost fades into the middle of the group, keeping his rapier drawn and ready. He stays alert to any attacks or ambushes. He trusts the Ranger to lead the group true while he does what he does best.

Actions/OOC

OOC: Going to stealth and just stay around the group but hidden as I can in the bushes and undergrowth around us as we travel.

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free: 

Reaction:

Name
Stealth
19
drop(2d20,lowest)+7 8,12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The trail leads across fields and farmlands; considering the rather direct route it is likely they moved in the dead of night when the good folk around here were in their beds.  Though the trail passes within sight of one farmstead it is not even within bow range, it is unlikely anyone heard anything.  A couple of hours after elaving the broken wagon the trail crosses the North-South road.  Looking North the crossroads is not visible, therefore you are several miles south of the town of Ravenwood.  The hill itself peeks above the horizon.  South the road continues, and based on Ehrick's knowledge of the terrain and Sir Anders' earlier description, the Baron Essermark's manor is down that way.  Ahead loom the eaves of the Grand Forest and beyond the dark and imposing peaks of the Eastern Mountains.  The trail leads into the forest...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick  Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick continues to follow the goblin trail. He knows that time is not on the side of the captives.

The trail continues off into the woods there.

Name
Tracking check if needed
23
keep(2d20,highest,1)+4 19,18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

 

Kaspar follows Ehrick, quietly feeling this is not the time to regale the others of the story of scarlet hood and her Forrest adventures.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The companions cross the road and march into the eaves of the forest following the trail.  The first hundred yards or so into the forest is quite pleasant and serene.  The sunlight filtered green from the leaves overhead gives it an otherworldly impression and the occasional beam of direct sunlight makes a spotlight effect where it lands.  The farther in they go however and the thicker the underbrush becomes and also the trees become more densely packed together.  Fortunately, the trail turns South after going about 200 yards into the forest, and the thicker underbrush makes it easier to follow.  The ground is also very uneven, with rolling hills making visibly already poor in the densely packed trees that much worse.  Now and then a rock outcropping appears with moss and bushes, though no trees growing on them.

After traveling south for about an hour the company arrives at another large rock outcropping.  The trail leads to it's base and in that vicinity Brother Bruti can see that an opening is partially concealed there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

 

"Well it's pretty ugly here. If this is were the trail leads I assume there will be trouble soon?" He is making light with his words but his gaze keeps constantly sweeping for any signs of danger. 

 

 

Name
perception
4
1d20+1 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...