Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  3 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

The Grand Forest Beckons


Grendel

Recommended Posts

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian’s eyes glass over, almost completely missing the action unfolding. Like a resounding crack of lightning struck by him, he jumps in place and darts around the left side “Had a moment there boys, sorry!” He angles around Ehrick and attempts to stab his target cleanly before running past him into the darkness.

Actions/OOC

OOC: So he will run up, make his attack pop his bonus action to run 30 feet past (Let me know if thats around the bend or out of sight because I will stop at that point) I also would say it’s fair to assume I go last this combat but if you want I will roll intiative for you to use starting in the next round

Action: Attack with Rapier

Bonus: Move 30 additional (no Opp attack due to making an attack on the goblin)

Interact:

Move: 30 ft to close, going to stand next to Ehrick for Sneak Attack if possible (seen as SA from now on)

Free: ready his crossbow to shoot next round. 

Reaction:

Edited by Wolfe208 (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
29
1d20+10 19
Rapier
11
1d20+5 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The goblinoids had a moment where they were confident, having hurt Kaspar and moving in for the kill.  Then Brother Bruti entered the fray and bashed the one on the right, the one that had hurt Kaspar.  Then Ehrick also enters melee and slashes the other one with a deep gash, dark blood pouring out.  Before they could react further Kaspar himself thrusts up and kills the one Bruti had bashed and as he falls Caspian rushed in slashing past the other and taking up position behind him.

Round 2

No longer confident and hoping to get away, the second one slashes at Caspian and tries to barrel past him...


OOC:  He will do 2 points of damage to Caspian, and then Disengage.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Name
To Hit
19
1d20+3 16
roll
2
1d8+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 20/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian grunts in pain, he laughs and quickly closes the distance between himself and the remaining goblin.

Actions/OOC

OOC: SA due to Rakish Audacity

Action: Attack with Rapier

Bonus: Move 30 

Interact:

Move: 30 ft to close on remaining goblin

Free: 

Reaction:

Name
Rapier
10
1d20+5 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBruti moves from the fallen attacker, advancing on the remaining one with another slash of his scimitar.

"To be fair, I don't really do absolutions anyway," he says, his voice an audible shrug, as the blade sings through the air and into the flesh of the goblinite.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 1/2

Actions/OOC

Action: melee attack with scimitar

Bonus: concentrating on Magic Weapon (don't think this actually requires an action)

Interact:

Move: as described

Free: grim resignation

Reaction:

 

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Name
scimitar attack
24
1d20+5 19
scimitar damages
5
1d6+3 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the goblinoid dead the four companions stop a moment to take a breath.  The passage turns to your left (entering) and is dark down there.  You have a torch, the light of which fills the area between the bend and the foliage blocking the cave entrance.

 


OOC: Okay, what is the next move?  We can drop out of combat rounds now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick  Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick was afraid the second goblin was going to get away, but the Bruti finished it off. He glances about quickly but can't see much beyond the torch light.

Kaspar, you still able to lead the way?

He stands ready to follow and will do so to where he can just make out Kaspar at the edge of the light. (40' behind him so he is at the edge of the shadowy area.)

OOC

Right Hand: Scimitar

Left Hand: Torch

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 18/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Yes, no problem, I just need to remember to parry a weapon strike with blade instead if my body." He marches on knowing the others being close to his back, thinking to himself “this time the blade stays ready, that guy could have gutted me, need to be more careful.


Kaspar follows the path that Caspian had almost taken  

 

ooc

Kaspar needs apparently big lighted signs to spot anything, that was a natural 1

 

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)
Name
Perception
2
1d20+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png"These are hobgoblins. That may complicate things," mutters Brother Bruti, who attempts to shake some of the blood from his sword with a long-suffering grimace. "Should probably stick closer together. Where I come from, they're pretty well organized and basically warriors from birth. Don't recall anybody mentioning Hobs in town, so we may be dealing with a group that's run well enough to deploy their smaller cousins without revealing their own presence. More going on here than we know."

Bruti frowns, shrugs, and reaches down to wipe the blood on the garments of his most recent victim, then moves to rejoin the marching order.

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 1/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free: maintaining concentration on Magic Weapon

Reaction:

 

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 20/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian shakes his head as he staunches the bleeding, "Little weak for hobgoblins, We can expect any ones inside to be tougher more then likely. I need a torch but I think we should stay together and I take the lead for now."

Actions/OOC

OOC:

Action:

Bonus: 

Interact:

Move: 

Free: 

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 18/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

In that case lead on Master Caspian, this rough stage isn’t really my world." Kaspar makes sure his words don’t contain anything that could be  construed as sarcasm or dishonesty. As there was no reason to aggravate somebody more suited to the task  

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 20/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian looks at Kaspar for a second, almost disapprovingly. "Your heritage is an undeniable boon that I wish I had, I find myself at a disadvantage at times with darkness and other times it is the greatest boon." He lights a torch from his pack with one of his companions and hostlers his crossbow, "To see in the dark would grant wishes I had living on the streets as a kid.." Taking his Rapier in his main hand he holds the torch high as he takes point and presses forwards. 

Actions/OOC

OOC:

Action:

Bonus: 

Interact:

Move: 

Free: 

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caspain advances into the tunnel with a torch in his left hand.  The tunnel, clearly a natural cave smoothed and evened out, opens into a broader room about 50 feet from where the two hobgoblins were killed.  This room seems to be a gathering place.  The remnant of a fire pit is in the center with embers still glowing.  Caspian, preternaturally aware, spots an attack coming with time to react - another hobgoblin was hidden to the right of the passage just inside the chamber and is swinging a sword around to strike him.


Caspian cannot be surprised, roll initiative.

Name
Initiative
15
1d20+1 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 18/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Ooc

just for initiative

 

 

 

Name
Initiative
13
1d20+3 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png(initiative post)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 1/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

 

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Name
Roll for Initiative
10
1d20+2 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...