Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  5 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

The Grand Forest Beckons


Grendel

Recommended Posts

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 18/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaspar slides in between Ehrick and Bruti, his rapier flicks out to the throat of the first hogoblin to the right. “This is was I call a target rich environment”

Kaspar tries to determine how many more foes are pressing forward in the tunnel. This might be a good time for a bit of magic he thinks

 

Name
Rapier attack and damage
16; 6
1d20+5;1d8+3 [11]; [11,3]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Combat Summary: Ehrick and Bruti slice and dice the hobgoblins in the second line (3 and 4) killing them with two blows each. Kaspar lunges in between his companions, but misses both the hobgoblin that was after Caspian (2) and any in the third line (5 and 6.) It is now Caspian's turn again, and then the Hobgoblins go. Three remain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 20/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Continuing the acrobatics, Caspian leaps and flips towards his enemy quick as a flash, attempting to approach from the side. Keeping himself to basics, he darts in, strikes out at the goblin who lunged at him before retreating a short distance

Actions/OOC

OOC:

Action: Attack

Bonus: Dash

Interact:

Move: close distance 40 ft, strike, move 20 feet away

Free: 

Reaction:

Edited by Wolfe208 (see edit history)
Name
Rapier
17
1d20+5 12
Damage
15
3d6+3 5,6,1
Acrobatics
16
keep(2d20,highest)+7 2,9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caspian kills one of the hobgoblins, and the other two back into the doorway bottleneck. As they were the last line of the six disengaging from the action is not difficult (they were not in fact engaged yet anyway.) They riase their shields and swords and prepare to hold that position while one of them calls out as loud as possible in his own language.


They are moving back and holding their attacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 18/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


just to get things moving againI'm aware it's not my turn in intiative order, but this battle has stopped rather abruptly, so let's shake things up a bit.

 

Kaspar moves confidently forward until the distance to the hobgoblins is less than 15 feet, concentrating on the ancient powers of his race, pulling his free hand to the shoulder palm outwards and pushing it forward mumbling "Ventas Fulmino" casting Thunderwave down the tunnel.

 

Thunderwave1st-level evocation

Casting Time: 1 action

Range: Self (15-foot cube)

Components: V, S

Duration: Instantaneous

A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn't pushed.

In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell's effect, and the spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.

Casting at level 1

 

Name
Thunderwave damage
8
2d8 4,4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 19/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


With the last one down, Ehrick withdraws back into the room. He puts his scimitars away, grimacing as placing a hand on his wound. He then reaches back and grabs his bow. He moves away from the entrance the goblins will be coming from and readies an arrow to shoot the first one he sees.

OOC

 

Right Hand: Longbow

Left Hand: Longbow

Spell slots: 1 of 2 left.

 

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Sword attacks
11,6
repeat(1d20+5,2) 6,1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngHrmmm, Bruti groans in annoyance as the Hobs hunker down. He points his blade towards the apparently stalwart goblinoids and the divine sparks flowing from his blade flare hot and bright for a moment, the energy rippling towards the point of the weapon and lancing outwards.

"Deus would prefer if you knock that off."

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 (18) HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

War Priest - 2/3 per long rest

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 3/4

L2 - 1/2

Actions/OOC

Action: Guiding Bolt on the Hobs, whichever one I have the clear shot at

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free: maintaining concentration on Magic Weapon

Reaction:

Name
Guiding Bolt
18
1d20+5 13
Radiant damage on hit
12
4d6 1,4,1,6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Round Summary

Brother Bruti fires a bolt of divine energy and kills one, then Ehrick steps aside a moment as Kaspar sends a booming wave of sound and force pushing the last hobgoblin back. Ehrick then moves in to attack, but his blows glance off of the creature's armor.


Next round, Caspian goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 20/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian slides in next to Ehrick and strikes at the last remaining hobgoblin. All the acrobatics gone, nothing but deadly precision remaining.

Actions/OOC

OOC:

Action: Attack

Bonus: dash

Interact:

Move: close distance 20 ft plus whatever push back,

Free: 

Reaction:

Name
Rapier
20
1d20+5 15
Damage
16
3d6+3 5,6,2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Caspian kills the sixth hobgoblin, moving through the short passage into the next room to do so. Unfortunately he is not carrying a light and cannot see in the dark, so the contents are unknown. The little light filtering past him shows that it is a chamber that widens gradually at first and then more. The floor where the hobgoblins falls heavily, his chain mail armor clinking amidst the thump of his weight, is covered in straw but is otherwise bare earth, packed down by many feet.


Dropping out of Combat rounds for the moment.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 19/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


With the last one down, Ehrick withdraws back into the room. He puts his scimitars away, grimacing as placing a hand on his wound. He then reaches back and grabs his bow. He moves away from the entrance the goblins will be coming from and readies an arrow to shoot the first one he sees.

OOC

 

Right Hand: Longbow

Left Hand: Longbow

Spell slots: 1 of 2 left.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 18/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

 


 

Kaspar follows Caspian into the next trying to add his better vision to the scouting for more danger. His hand still holding his rapier steady for immediate violence.

his head moves rapidly, taking in as much of the whole picture in a glance, before carefully scanning the surroundings.

Name
Perception
7
1d20+1 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBruti moves into the passage along with Caspian and Kaspar, grumbling slightly as he steps in the sticky blood of a hobgoblin.

"We should assume they've heard us by now. And we could use some light."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 (18) HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

War Priest - 2/3 per long rest

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 3/4

L2 - 1/2

Actions/OOC

Action: Guiding Bolt on the Hobs, whichever one I have the clear shot at

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free: maintaining concentration on Magic Weapon

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 20/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian flicks his blade in a salute to the fallen foes. “Disgusting creatures really. I wish I knew their language so I could see if they merit any intelligence or organization.” Caspian takes his torch out from his pack and lights it. “I do wish I had their eyes though….

Actions/OOC

OOC:

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free: 

Reaction:

Edited by Wolfe208 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Once Kaspar enters the chamber and a light is brought in (or another torch lit) you see that this chamber is a camp or barracks. Crude pallets for sleeping are about, twelve in all. To the northwest there is a tunnel, no special skill is needed to see that it was recently and inexpertly dug, with crude supports made from logs. The tunnel is narrow, though large enough for a hobgoblin (and therefore a Man) to walk without stooping. It is not straight, Kaspar can see almost 30 feet before the uneven path blocks his view. That is also the range of the torch light.


There is a passage in the previous chamber, where you defended against the six coming from this room that goes Southeast. Looking down that passage Kaspar could see it curved after about 30 feet, obscuring anything further.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...