Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  3 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

The Grand Forest Beckons


Grendel

Recommended Posts

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Now that I think of it, there is a road that can be used to go around the town without going through it. It sits just out of view of the guards so they could have taken that. I guess the first thing would be to go back out to there and see if I can find any clues on if they used it or not. From there we could follow that road around town and south towards the Barons place. I mean, I wasn't really looking for signs of a wagon going off the road on our way here, but it would have been obvious to spot. So heading south seems to make more sense.

As for provisions, I have all I need and I tend to hunt and live off the land as much as possible.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian comes out of bed late, right as Leslus downs his coffee. He looks refreshed and fully stocked, his pack on his back. You can see a new quiver of bolts on his left thigh. "Deus blessed us with another fine morning! Is everyone packed and ready?" Caspian pulls up a chair next to the group to check his gear.

Actions/OOC

OOC: 

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Edited by Wolfe208 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anders Lightbringer joins you for breakfast; he enters from the front door, apparently he was up early and out in the dawn.  He is not wearing his armor, a simple tunic and breeches in natural linen.  "Since I have some business to discuss with the Baron I will exit the East gate and search for the missing wagon on the road south, while you are searching the bypass," he suggests, ordering a simple breakfast of bread and barley tea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


That works for me. Thank you. 

As soon as everyone is done with their breakfast, we will set out.

With that settled Ehrick finishes up his meal and makes sure all his stuff is packed up and ready to go. He tries not to rush the others, but it is clear he wants to leave and get moving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Then let’s use the western gate and strike from there to the bypass and work ourselves east, if they have entirely bypassed Ravenwood, we might still find traces on the road” thinking to himself “and with we I mean Ehrick” before continuing aloud “ that way we should cover a lot of ground between us And Lord Lightbringer.

Kaspar has his gear ready, waiting for somebody to give the signal to go  

 

 

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With a plan in place the four of you finish breaking fast, gather your belongings, (stop to resupply?) and then head out through the Western gate.  It takes Lightbringer's party longer to get organized, but they plan to leave within an hour of your departure.

The early morning mist is beginning to clear and the sun is above the horizon - though not yet over the mountains - when you set out.  Traveling West along the road t is not long before you reach the fork for the bypass.  In the late evening as you approached the town last night it was not obvious.  The road seems far less used than the one that runs through the town, despite the lack of a toll for crossing the town.  The cobblestones are not as smooth, grass grows between many of them, and there are deep ruts in places.


OOC: If you are pausing to resupply, you can either get fresh food from the inn or rations from the trader/general supply store.  Wisdom (Survival) is required.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Once they reach the crossroads, Ehrick takes some time to study the ground and see what he can learn. Basically if he sees wagon tracks that are old enough to be the ones from the wagon they are looking for. Unfortunately he is not able to figure out how old the most recent tracks are.

Can't tell if these belong to the wagon we are looking for. So we can keep heading west and look for signs or we go south and east around the town and head towards the Barons.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Survival for tracking
5
1d20+4 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian stops at the crossroads with Ehrick, He wants to see if he can notice any traffic leaving from the last few days. 

Actions/OOC

OOC: 

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Name
Survival
21
1d20+1 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBrother Bruti would not consider himself an outdoorsman, but he certainly found himself there often enough that he could at least make use of his natural hypervigiliance and strong observational skills from time to time. Whether this is one of those times, as they, is in the hands of fortune, presuming Deus is too busy to hold everyone's hand all the time, which Leslus could understand.

"What would you say is the most likely? I hate to backtrack, but I hate going the wrong way just as much. My instinct is to try the eastern shortcut, but I cannot be sure. How far back whence we came would we even stop searching?"

Brother Bruti scans the area himself, hoping to catch something that helps inform his decision but failing utterly to do so.

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action: Making a Survival check to aid in the search for clues

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Name
Survival check
4
1d20+3 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the companions search around the fork in the road looking for signs Caspian casts his eyes further afield.  Though the area immediately around the road has trees and shrubs surrounding it, the wider lands to the South are clearly farmland, currently fallow following the recent harvest.  In the field is a copse of trees perhaps a furlong away the farmer hasn't cleared and the neat rows in the tilled earth are broken in places leaving a poor trail to the copse, as thouh someone intentionally broke up a wagon's tracks in the earth after taking it there.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

All the while Kaspar feels rather useless, he is a city dweller enjoying good company food and shelter, he rarely wanders off into the wilderness. If there is something to be found his much more competent companions will spot it.
Just to contribute something to the party he keeps his senses open, trying to perceive anybody around them  

 

 

Name
Perception
20
1d20+1 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Assuming one of the two who spotted the tracks to the copse of trees shares this info...

Ehrick is a bit embarrassed that he had missed those tracks. He kicks himself for concentrating too much on the junction where the roads split and not enough on the area around it and leading up to it.

Good catch.

He will lead the way towards the trees where the wagon seems to have gone. His bow is in hand and ready for use.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png"Good eye. Steady on, then," Brother Bruti says, his voice dropping lower. He draws his own bow and moves forward, positioning himself as a wing to Ehrlick's lead. He keeps his eyes peeled for signs of life, and motions for Kaspar and Caspian to follow in a loose formation.

 

 

 

 

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Command, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Hold Person, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action: Making a Perception check as we follow the trail

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Name
Perception check
21
1d20+5 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 22/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 0/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaspar follows them keeping a constant distance to the leaders and maintains an alert look around for possible dangers, being fully aware of his own limitations  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian alerts the group, “Based on these tracks I’d say they are probably somewhere around that copse of trees. I can go take a look and see what we are up against. I’m rather good at going unnoticed…” Caspian takes off his backpack and finds a good spot to hide it. He then starts stretching out. He checks his weapons and nods “I think it would be ill-advised to walk into this without knowing what is going on” anyone who looks to Caspian as he spoke finds he is no longer standing with the group and his voice trails off as he disappears

Actions/OOC

OOC: Caspian isn’t going to wait for anyone to approve his action, he is going to just dip and go as fast as he can to get there, recon the copse, and then dip back out to the group. I’m assuming you will want a stealth and perception roll

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free: 

Reaction:

Edited by Wolfe208 (see edit history)
Name
Stealth & Perception
22; 22
drop(2d20,lowest)+7;1d20+3 [13,15]; [13,15,19]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...