Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  3 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

The Grand Forest Beckons


Grendel

Recommended Posts

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick grins as Kaspar goes to work on the innkeeper. He thanks Lightbringer for the invite.

I will join you shortly I just have to make a few inquires first.

First he checks with the brewery to see if Joop Wortman ever made his barley delivery. If not then he will check with the guards to see if any of them remember him and his wagon and the two others arrive in town. Then he heads to the inn. If they did make it in to town then he will inquire with Avery. If no, then he joins Lightbringer with a troubled look on his face.

At the Brewery;

Excuse me. I have come from the town of Otterton and they were worried as the farmer Joop Wortman and the others that were traveling with him had not returned to town and were overdue. By any chance did he make here and deliver his barley?

With the guards;

Evening gentlemen. By any chance do any of you know if a farmer named Joop Wortman has been to town or recently left? He drove a wagon and was to deliver barely to the brewery and he and he traveling companions are late in returning. As it is a recurring trip he makes I was hoping at least one of the guard would be familiar with him.

At the Inn;

Excuse me sir. I am looking for a group of three who came from Otterton. The farmer Joop Wortman and his traveling companions. He is a farmer and was supposed to deliver a load of barley to the brewery, but is late in coming back and they asked me to inquire about them.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Yes, of course, you are under no obligation," Lightbringer says with a smile as Ehrick excuses himself.  Caelyn merely waves with something more of a smirk than a smile.  They proceed to the private dining room with anyone else joining them.

"Mr. Avery, can you ask someone to draw me a bath?  For after dinner," Caelyn requests before going in and he makes a note of it, tapping one of his servants to deal with it.  The man nods and departs wide-eyed.

Avery also smiles when Kaspar explains his proposition.  "Well, can't say's I've heard of you, no offense intended mind, we are a bit off the path so to speak.  I figure the locals would appreciate some new tales and songs; how long are you planning to stay?"  he asks, clearly making some mental calculations.  He knows a new set of songs and stories will bring in folk; the question seems to be, how long will the novelty last.

***

At the Brewery it takes a bit of knocking to get someone to open the door at this hour, but a young man eventually opens a peep door to ask who was there and what they wanted.  Hearing Ehrick's question he seems to think for a moment, then says, "no, I haven't seen Farmer Wortman since last month.  He should be due any day."

The guardsmen are likewise familiar with Wortman but haven't seen him since last month.  "We're on special watch lately though on account of goblin raiders reported near here by some of the local farmers.  If Wortman came alone... could be dangerous," one of them says grimly.

Mr. Avery similarly has not seen the farmer since the previous month.  Checking the brewery and speaking to the gate watchmen is about an hour, at the end of which he is back at the inn having already inquired of Mr. Avery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 21/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 1/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaspar tilts his head to the side “we did arrive here with Lord Lightbringers party, but as far as i know no specific plans have been made for the further trip. Your place looks like an oasis of hospitality, and I really wouldn’t mind staying a few days, but I need to be considerate of my companions, so I won’t be able to commit to more than two days without consulting them. Leaving them so early would grieve me to no end

thinking “Let’s see how good the hospitality actually is before committing, is also not a bad idea

 

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick returns from his little errand and joins the Lightbringer group. It is clear things did not go well as he has a scowl on his face and looks worried.

He sits and grabs a drink and some food thanking Lightbringer for his hospitality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


Caspian follows Kaspar into the inn, chuckling at the fellows ability to chat anyone up. Caspian was friendly enough and he could turn the charm on when needed but Kaspar was a true entertainer. He ends up asking Avery if he had seen or heard of Barem Alistair, “He is a dark haired fellow just a hair shorter then me, has dark brown eyes. He sent me a letter from here a week or two ago and he mentioned his wife Lana. If you could point me in the right direction I would strongly appreciate it.” 
 

Caspian turns to Ehrick as he returns and jerks his head to indicate he wants to speak privately: “What is going on? I know you went and asked around before we arrived but now you look concerned.” 

Actions/OOC

OOC: I am looking for any markings that Barem would leave in the inn, like he did at the school. 

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Aye, two days is a good start, Mr. Kaspar," Mr. Avery says.  He gives Kaspar time to eat and freshen up and goes to the commons to announce him for later that evening.  In between dealing with other patrons, he shakes his head at Caspian's question.  "I've not seen such a gentleman, sorry."  Lightbringer and Caelyn meanwhile also look at Ehrick when Caspian asks what is up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


I checked around town and Wortman, his wagon and the other two never made it to town. There was mention of there being an increase in raiders in the area. I am thinking they were attacked. Hopefully they were captured and not killed. If you all don't have anything more pressing, might I request your help in going out and looking for these missing people?

He glances around the table hoping his new companions will be willing to help. And wondering if any of them have a more pressing job that might be of higher priority.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBrother Bruti followed along with Lightbringer and Caelyn, essentially wordless but still a presence felt. Aside from the occasional tearing of his apparently unending supply of immensely chewy dried meats (and toothpicks), Leslus offered little but the occasional "right" or "mm-hmm" to Lightbringer's chatter with Caelyn, but upon meeting up with the rest of the troupe, he snaps into beleaguered action. He steps forward and catches Ehrick's attention.

 

"Let's just get it over with quickly, I hate explaining that I don't resurrect people. Some folks have funny ideas about the Eastern Church," he deadpans, pausing to pass his gaze over the rest of the assemblage and turning halfway towards the road.

 

"Lead the way, Archer. Clearly the whole region is in need of a stern talking-to," he grumbles in the manner of a disenfranchised barber, checking his sword in its scabbard with a frown and loosening the straps on his bow harness.

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Prayer of Healing, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick gives a little laugh and claps Brother Bruti on the shoulder.

I am grateful for your enthusiasm, but it is late in the evening. We should eat and then get a good nights sleep before we head out first thing in the morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngBrother Bruti squints hard at Ehrick.

"Indeed, it is late, and if we leave now perhaps we catch up to these raiders and find Wortman alive. Even better if we catch them sleeping and avoid a protracted fight with civilians present. I'm quite sure there are passages to be quoted about duty and obligation and such, but that's not my department. I do what must be done."

He turns towards Lightbringer, eyebrows raised expectantly.

"Right?"

 

Stats, Actions, Etc

Stats & Spells

Brother Leslus Bruti
Variant Human Cleric - War Domain 3 NG
AC 16 HP 23 Speed 25ft
Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 13 (1)
Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Longbow (150/600) +4 1d8+2 P
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 S
Spell Attack +5 DC 13
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P

Cantrips

Guidance, Toll the Dead, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells - 6

L1 - Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Detect Evil and Good; Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

L2 - Prayer of Healing, Enhance Ability; Magic Weapon, Spiritual Weapon

Spell Slots

L1 - 4/4

L2 - 2/2

Actions/OOC

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"What sort of 'raiders' did they speak of?"  Lightbringer asks and there is deep concern in his expression, a conflicted sort of look.  "Humanoid raiders, such as goblins, would be active at night, as I'm certain you know, Ehrick; therefore, a day-time foray may be more advantageous.  However, if the raiders are human, then a night sortie is best," he explains, not trying to sound condescending or patronizing, mostly thinking aloud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


Ehrick takes a second to make sure he remembers correctly.

They said it was goblin raiders. But regardless, I know I am tired from a full days journey and whether we were to set out in the dark or the day I need some rest before then.

Lets get a good night sleep and then we can discuss it in the morning. We can go back along the road and see if we can find were there was an attack or where a wagon went off the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaspar_new_token.png.96ec2e5371c45f2634aca139e99cda3b.png

Kaspar of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14, HP 21/22, Initiative: +3(+1), Bardic Inspiration used 1/3

Skills

bold: proficient, * Jack of all trades modifier applied

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics*: +4, Stealth*: +4, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana*: +2, Nature: +2, History: +3, Religion*: +2, Investigation*: +2

Animal Handling*: 0, Medicine*: 0, Insight: +1, Survival*: 0

Deception: +5, Intimidation*: +4, Performance14undefined +7, Persuasion10: +5

 

 


 

Kaspar settles down on the chair next to them. “I think we should have a pleasant night here, good company, stories to swap and a good bed to sleep in. Ehrick from your words I gather the situation isn’t overall as pleasant. My experience is that a night of ravels tend to loosen even tight lipped mouths, that’s when Ihunt for rumors, … eh news yet to be put in general circulation.  Is there something you would like me to keep my ears especially open for? Guests at an  inn tend to fully disregarded the flamboyant fool that was entertaining just minutes before.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


In response to Kaspar,

Just anything you can find about these recent raids? I am going to finish my meal and then turn in for the night so I am ready to go in the morning. If you are joining me, which I would be most grateful, then I ask you to make sure you get plenty of rest and don't drink too much.

He smirks and winks with the last bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ZOwOokw.jpeg

Caspian Rane Human Rogue 3


AC: 17, HP 22/22, Initiative: +10

Skills

Starred is Expertise

Athletics: -1

Acrobatics*: +7, Stealth*: +7, Sleight of Hand: +5

Arcana: +0, Nature: +0, History: +0, Religion: +0, Investigation: +0

Animal Handling: +1, Medicine: +1, Insight: +1, Survival: +1, Perception +3,

Deception: +4, Intimidation: +4, Performance +2, Persuasion +4

 


"I would agree we need more information about our raiding party, but to be perfectly honest, we could stage a wagon with a few heavily armed individuals and pretend like we are a under equip trader. They will attack us and we can spring our trap!" Caspian looks over at Lightbringer, "A good point! I could do some recon if I had a better idea where I am going...." 

Actions/OOC

OOC:

Action:

Bonus:

Interact:

Move:

Free:

Reaction:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...