3 is better than one

wrathgon

4 hours ago, cheezal said:

Kartesh retains his positivity despite the outward persona of their guests.

"Well the i only have three final questions for you then.. The Captain said you said your Commander was on the way! Can you please tell her name,and the name and classification of her ship,so can correctly identify the ship for a safe transition to her ship"

"Would you also know of any trade ports or systems near your destination?"

Of course of course we're concerned about your ship safety as well. Captain Testa Novament is commander of the star destoryer." You actually do believe that statement is wholeheartedly true they are concerned about the safety of the ship

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

"Different magical etiologies...your magic is sourced differently and cannot reach this galaxy. That would explain why my own daily magical attunements are not functioning properly. 

But there is magic here, of another sort. Curious, perhaps our guests know of something...

Kar Tesh! Ask our passengers about magic here."

Enoch does not leave his post, remaining to work on repairs, but reaches out to Kar Tesh, whom he knows is with the visitors.

Kartesh presumes Enoch's message comes through on the comms whilst talking to the guests...

He excuses himself briefly from the conversation,explaining i am getting a communication from the Bridge.

He Steps back to where Samuel and types on his computer sending a message thru his HUD to any crew with H.u.D's on..

saying..

"Why do you want me to ask that? Do we have a situation?""

"Look it may just be me,but you guys know ,how i can sense things about people,well something says these guys or whoever we are meeting may be bad news.""

"I'm not sure what steps we can take, but they are not willing at this stage to give us the location of the wormhole home,and i'm of the belief we need that as a priority""

"'I'don't know if we should take a more cautious observation of this incoming vessel.""

""Can we find a possible spot to hide,and observe from a distance."?""

"Like Your used to! since when have you had magic?"

"And exactly what is happening with it?"

"And if there is,do you really want them to know about it,before their ship arrives..""

""I would strongly advise against that..""

Capt comes on " Magic is here but is accessed in a way different then normal no spells items even protections are working. My god items and powers still work but i am unable to speak to anyone outside this galaxy either which could mean gods here are actively blocking me. Its not a great or good situation to be in but at same time there might be untold secrets here, i think because of the nature of this ship we got in where no others can.  Lets be careful but this is a unique opportunely to gain some edge no one else outside here would have. " Capt talks about taking care something he never said when including him in those statements, something got him spooked for sure.

"Well to be honest they aren't very fourthcoming,and come across as with an sense of arrogance to them""

"I will see what i can do"!"

he heads back to the group...enquiring..

"Sorry about that! the Captain was once again enquiring about any space ports ,we do dealings with lots of different groups and factions as you would appreciate it.""

"One particular group deals with items of magic,are you aware of the concept of magic? I should have asked! Do you even have magic in this Galaxy?""

Note

Ok So by my roll... even if they were Unfriendly they would become Friendly to me,or If Indifferent to start with would become Helpful.

In which case any further request for advice or aid would i believe be considered.

Diplomacy Table

Attitude Means Possible Actions
Hostile Will take risks to hurt or avoid you Attack, interfere, berate, flee
Unfriendly Wishes you ill Mislead, gossip, avoid, watch suspiciously, insult
Indifferent Doesn�t much care Act as socially expected
Friendly Wishes you well Chat, advise, offer limited help, advocate
Helpful Will take risks to help you Protect, back up, heal, aid
Initial Attitude �������� New Attitude ��������
Hostile Unf. Indif. Friendly Helpful
Hostile 19 or less 20 25 35 45
Unfriendly 4 or less 5 15 25 35
Indifferent 0 or less 1 15 25
Friendly 0 or less 1 15
Initial Attitude �������� New Attitude ��������
Hostile Unf. Indif. Friendly Helpful
Hostile 19 or less 20 25 35 45
Unfriendly 4 or less 5 15 25 35
Indifferent 0 or less 1 15 25
Friendly 0 or less 1 15

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)
Name
Empathy Diplomacy check
1d20+15 17

the three look at each other then middle one says " MAGIC?  yes we saw that on that station, some interesting things but here only things in fairy tales, if looking for magic come to wrong place.... You will have to give us a break, we are getting close to commander arriving and we need to complete our full report or it wont go well for us. Trade and anything else can be address to her. You system wont be able to interface with ours so i will pass anything on to that boy out there when she get here." Without waiting for you to agree the 3 go to the back and start speaking in another language you dont understand making notes on paper.

""I thank you for your honesty!,i will leave you to your reports""

and he takes his leave of the guests..

sending a text thru the HUD...

""Enoch or Ozen... can you train the room cam's on their reports and record whatever they say,we'll have to try and learn their language to decipher it.""

""I'm heading to the Bridge.""

Capt comes on HUDs "I can understand them and am listening if anything of important comes up i will pass it along... lets prepare for their commander check all your gear is powered up and working, check ship systems and checkpoints for all weapons charged and present, i will be on bridge soon. "

30 min before when told would be here, there is no warning on your sensors, no approaching ships just alarms going off that ship off the aft above you about 500 miles( in this that's 10 hexes) is there. Over 5000 feet long 20 times larger than your tiny ship it dwarfs your in every way.

Imperial Star Destroyer | StarWars.com

your scanners start to fill in data about the ship:

he Imperial-class Star Destroyer bristled with weapons emplacements. 60 Taim & Bak XX-9 heavy turbolaser batteries, 60 Borstel NK-7 ion cannons, and 10 Phylon Q7 tractor beam projectors dotted its whitish gray hull. At the very front of the ship existed the forward pursuit tractor beam array. The ship also featured six dual heavy turbolaser turrets, two quad heavy turbolasers, three triple medium turbolasers, and two medium turbolasers. The Imperial I-class also featured two dual heavy ion cannon turrets that lined the dorsal superstructure flanking the command tower. The turbolaser turrets of an ISD were hooked to large arrays of auxiliary power cells.At both "ends" of the Star Destroyer existed an aft starboard point defense laser cannon.

By far the heaviest weapons on the ship were the six turbolaser turrets positioned alongside the two ion turrets. With a diameter of 50 meters, each turbolaser was capable of ripping through heavy armor and overloading shields. Although it was difficult to hit small, fast-moving craft, even a glancing blow would destroy them.[9]

On the underside of the very tip of the ISD was the navigational deflector generator. It worked in tandem with the two bridge deflector shield domes to give the ship heavy shielding.[2] It carried shields strong enough to easily withstand a collision with a GR-75 medium transport with no damage to the hull.[27]

The Shields are not up when you appear.

Propulsion systems

Powering the Destroyer were seven main engine units including Cygnus Spaceworks Gemon-4 ion engines and could accelerate to speeds of up to 975 kph.

Capt is just there in the chair before end of the first alarm sounds, he is wearing the predator armour fitted to his size. Its the first time you ever seen wear any protective gear. "Can someone tell me how the hell just appeared, any portals or anything to tell how they got here? Contact guests see what their ship is saying, Try message them but i believe we dont have same system to speak. Keep those scanners feeding info, look for weak points in armour or shields, core systems we can hit if need to get out of here fast. Jake keep it steady but be ready to move if anything changes, dont wait for my command, lets not play chicken with this Mack truck eh..." 

Again those that are good a picking things up can tell Capt is off, his normal cocky direct force commands are gone and a more careful commander has replace in the likeness of your beloved Capt. He didnt even throw an insult at anyone about doing their job right...

Samuel msgs Bridge "Guests says Commander Welcomes us to the Galaxy and would like to personal thank us for returning her troops, directly us to bay 4 on underside of ship to leave off her people and have a quick met. "

"How easy could we bust out of there if things go wrong? i want some escape plans before going into belly of the beast." Capt posts to the bridge crew and links in Zora and even Ross in Med bay something he never does.

Over the HUD'S Kartesh says."I don't Like our chances of beating that thing in a straight fight Capt,and who knows if it doesn't have any other tricks up it's sleeve.."

"But we do also have a couple of our own...Is the screen that hides the Necromancer still operating? if you have anything or anyone you want hidden, I suggest you start doing that..behind it"

"It's an old Black Market trick!"

"I know It's a bold move,but if you don't want to be caught,we could always attempt to hack it remotely,shut down it's power core or vital systems,if we'd have had time,i would've worked with Enoch on some programs,to unleash on them..."

"We do have one weapon we could use..." he pauses..looking around at our old doctor..."I'm not volunteering you mate,but if we do go on that thing..You could always  slip up and into the ventilation system. We saw you in action against the ghost birds..although i don't suggest we fight it out ,that thing looks like it could hold hundreds if not thousands..."

"But maybe you could use your unique abilities to recruit some allies,if things go south on us!"

"Otherwise we do what we did at the Auction,don't piss anyone off,drop em off ,negotiate for the wormhole location,and get out of there.."

"If they let us! and we opt to stay then it's on our terms..."

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

35792992571_4c5ff3b357_o.jpg.d5d3923f8ade93ee0d15c4aab5a8f4a8.jpg Farhvan blinked in surprise as the alarms started going off and the Captain actually linked him into the group communication.   "Well, I have to agree with Kar-tesh here that we don't want to pick a fight trade shots with that thing. Still, without knowing how advanced their computer systems are I can't be sure but could be that Dr. Pendergast could cyb-slice their computer systems. For that matter I might be able to jam their targeting systems if I can get to a local terminal. No where good as the good doctor at general cyb warfare but I picked up a few skills back on Omega . " His thought over what Kar-Tesh had suggested before adding, "Speaking of hiding a surprise, Dr. Pendergast, do you still have any of those droids around? They might make for a decent contingency if things vent atmo."

OOC/Mechanics

Phoenix-armor.webp.d2baeb57bace989ea1efd5e46b5b4469.webp

Capt in his armour nods "All good plans, i can release things to overrun key areas if you can identify where they are once we are onboard. Well Jake take us in slowly."

You also note 3 tech weapons on the capt, what looks like a X ray laser rifle, some grav gun, and something small and hand held on his right side. You think you saw one of the races you rescued from master with something that looked like that.