3 is better than one

wrathgon

Jake takes a deep breath as they get to a safe place. As he glances around the bridge he gives the crew a lopsided grin, Now that we got through the easy part, I guess hold on to your hats and let's see if we can finish this.

He glances at his screens to see what routes that Kartesh has given him for the next leg and then a glance around the room to see that everyone was ready to move on.  Let's ride. 

Name
Piloting
1d20+28 17
Technology in case it's needed on the fly
1d20+14 17
Navigation in case he needs course corrections on the fly
1d20+10 3

It's clear Jake got this down pat with the bonuses from Kar Tesh direction he could do this with eyes close. Two more jumps go by without an issue. As you wait for the recharge in another safe pocket your scanners go off, and something is above the ship!. Before Jake can react the hull breach on the observation deck triggers alerting of pressure loss.

"Willow, X, and Deacon suit up and see what's up, keep HUD live." They all jump up grab their EV suit and hop in the lift to the top deck. Their HUDs are put on the big screen. The three screens fill the view, they step onto deck guns out, and the sucking sound of air escaping to space is loud. Willow looks up and spots the perfectly 7-foot diameter hole into space. Deacon is moving towards the manual repair value to seal the breach. X is circling the room and spots something. What looks like a black dot hanging over one of the tables comes into view. Then the table is just gone as the dot touches it as it moves towards X.

Then the video is gone X's vitals are gone no signal from HUD and deacon and yelling about ink dot taking out X. 

From the moment the black dot came onto the screen, Capt was moving. Too late to warn X he yells down the HUD " Fall the hell back, get out any means you can! Do not engage you're not equipped to deal." Those near Capt hear whisper "No one is really equipped..." There is a short scream as Willow's vid and vitals go dark. The tube lift is coming down. Capt can't wait, the sound of a pop, which always follows when he teleports, fills the stunned bridge. HUD msg to Jake from Capt:" full stop I need the ship not moving now!" 

In his haste, capt left his huds on and so you get a peek into his private room. No bed or any chairs but lots of tables and bookshelves. Opening a closed door, you see many different items from rings to staffs and clothing. He grabs an egg and says a word "frezza" and it floats in place. He then walks to the lift to take it on top.

Deacon arrives a few moments white as a sheet and stumbles onto the deck floor.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

35792992571_4c5ff3b357_o.jpg.d5d3923f8ade93ee0d15c4aab5a8f4a8.jpg  Farhvan truly hated how little use he was in situations like this. Murderous alien, mystery plagues, hell apparently even brokering auctions were all things he could find ways of contributing to. But this? He was just as useful as their passengers as they dodged around gravity anomalies and his crew members were erased by some horrible unknown. As Deacon came stumbling in though, Farhvan finally found a means to alleviate his guilt.  In a second he was out of his seat, bionsensor examining the sole remaining member of the security team. "What the hell just happened!? Are you injured?"

OOC/Mechanics

Full Round: Using the Biosensor HUD option to determine Deacon's hitpoints (if he has lost any).  

Enoch places the sensors in a repeating loop - external and internal - and feeds it to his personal comp, also active ship analysis.  "I trust your judgment on us not engaging directly Captain, but let us know what you need.  I'm trying to get you data with scans.  Anything in particular?  I can try and adjust the ship sensors or systems to your needs.  Flood sensory inputs, for example, modulate shields, etc."

Kartesh offers his Leadership to Enoch,asking him to check for ships and if there is one there,particulary what weapon systems it has ,that could be the reason for this field we are in.

And advisors if we have just lost Xedig and Willow,for Ozen,Deacon and Kara to go into ship defense mode rather then attack,not everything can be defeated by conflict.

[Note: Enoch can receive +11 to any future check]

From his seat on the Bridge(if he still has one) he uses the visuals of the external ship cameras and the Captain personal HuD cam and audio.

seeing what the Captain is trying to do and in such a tense situation offers him leadership through monitoring him and talking to him through the comms to remain calm and focused on his task,assisting him if he can..

[Note: Check on the Captain succeeds. he gains +11 on whatever he attempts against the black object.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)
Name
Leadership Diplomacy check
1d20+12 19
Leadership check with diplomacy to aid the Captain
1d20+12 1

Deacon is unhurt physically at least. When addressed he just spits outs "They are gone! just poof one min here next dust being sucked out into space.... It appeared next to X with no warning, he attack it, he weapons just turn to dust then so did he! When we heard the Capt warning Willow and I jumped back into the lift, a stray buckle came undo and floated back right into that thing that appeared next to us and Willow's face went white then gone she and everything on her just gone. How do you even fight something like that."

Capt responds " You don't fight it, you survived they didn't now get yourself to your station I may need some support." THe capt seems to shake Deacon out of it and he gets up on his own. 

None of the scanners can even tell you something is there, all you get is massive gravity where visibly it was last seen. 

"O no you don't..." Capt whispers on the HUDS. As the lift was going up Capt turns partly see-through and starts to move through the lift. Seconds later the lift disappears and the dot is about 30 feet from where the Capt floats. For the first time you see the movement of the dot in a fashion,  air swirls around and it looks like is trying to pull the Capt toward it by sucking the air around it into itself. Capt takes out a metal rod

in one hand and says "Let's see how it likes lava.." He seems to speak and wave his hands around in impossible speed and finished casting within 1 sec. 

A portal opens above the Dot and lava just pours full tilt onto it. The sad thing is as the lava hits the dot, it turns into dust so no matter how much flows out, he can handle removing it seemly unaffected by it. What it does do is make a straight line for the portal and before anyone knows different it's through and the power is gone.

Capt stunned voice rings on HUDS "Well that worked in a way I never expected it would.... Jake get us the hell out of here! I been back in a few moments. Capt HUDS video goes down.

a few moments later the breach alarm stops and the field around ship disappears. 

Name
roll
1d20 14

Encoh does a systems analysis of the ship and keeps modulating scanners.

"Damage report incoming.  It seems gravity based, at least.  I do have a gravity weapon.  Do we anticipate a repeat attack?"

Enoch also appraises what the captain did and what the anomaly was.

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)

Kartesh assists Jake with some Leadership.

[Jake receives +11 on his next check, Disregard the first roll as i screwed up the inputing]]

Name
roll
SyntaxError: Unexpected token nan
1d20nan
Leadership Diplomacy check for Jake
1d20+12 10

All the Capt did was create a portal to somewhere else and it seems to be drawn to it. All your scans match what a black hole looks like other than it could move around and touch things.

Captain returns and you get on your way.

Captain breaks the silence on the bridge as you get on your way. " The longer you are out here, the more you will see that you cannot believe, bet you never thought to see a living black hole eh? I only heard stories of them, and the stories I heard were of the even scarier ones, ones that caused the fall of the elder gods and caused them to flee this universe. Luckily that was only a pale copy of them. I can bring back our lost crew, but I need some time to gather the knowledge to do it. I got years until their spirits are too far gone so dry any tears, they are not lost just on a long holiday from life. Now let's get these mooks off our ship and back to to the mission at hand. Any questions? Jake Let Go!"

With Kar Tesh's direction the last few jumps are made without any issue. There was one that a huge creature started to move toward us but we jump before it got in range of even our weapons.

So you jump out a few hours from a planet on the map supplied called Bastion. While you all start to relax that you got here in one piece, well most of you, your comms alerts you of a signal being sent out from the ship deeper into the populated system. It is NOT from a ship system. 

Kartesh says to the Captain. "Did our guests give any indication of any potential threats out here on the path to their desitination and what they may be?"

Kartesh offers Enoch some Leadership and suggests we scan for all ships and life forms within our full sensor range,unless you want to try and run stealth.

"Lets use some caution,if we are in an unfamiliar backyard."

[Note: Enoch gets +11 to any sensor type check he uses.]

Name
Leadership Diplomacy Check for Enoch
1d20+12 4

Capt shakes his head " No, didn't warn about the unstable area of space but since they don't leave the galaxy and they came to the station by a wormhole that is not their fault I guess. All they said is Galaxy is at war and needs to get back to help. Let's not announce to the whole galaxy we are here yet hmmm? We don't know how our scanners will bring attention. Seems like our guests are already sending messages they are home..."

Samuel comes on HUD "Capt our guests want to talk..." Capt says " Put them on screen." 

Every Stormtrooper Variant And Their Role In The Empire (Part 2) —  CultureSlate

"So thanks for the ride Sir, contacted our commander she is on the way to pick us up in a few hours. She did say if stick around she got some extra work for you, we do pay well so you can speak to her when the ship arrives." They already got their armor on and they look imposing with it. Capt just nods and turns to the crew.

"Well you want to stick around and see what this place has an offer, any payments will only be good here unless we get in some form of tradeable good to bring back." There is a ding and Capt checks his station account, 100k was just deposited.

35792992571_4c5ff3b357_o.jpg.d5d3923f8ade93ee0d15c4aab5a8f4a8.jpg The captain's words did little mollify Farhvan, but he was glad that Deacon at least wasn't harmed. Fortunately the rest of the job went off without a hitch. He breathed a sigh of relief once the money was deposited and considered the offer.   "Anyone been to this gal before? I don't think we need another side job at the moment, since we just got a good chunk of scred righ there." His lips turned in a sour expression, "Minus the damage that . . . thing caused our skeeva of course. Any interesting tech showing up on the scans? "

OOC/Mechanics