The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

And Hunni will spend the time attuning to the Amulet.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more the class restriction on the Staff of the Python makes no sense. Sorcerers and wizards make at least as much thematic sense with it as clerics druids and warlocks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KingGoblin said:

Hm. Can Hunni staffify the snake before its turn, preventing it from taking the acid damage? It looks like the acid doesn't affect it until the start of the snake's turn.

Unfortunately, there's no avoiding the Dex save. The G.C.S. did make the save, though, so it's a moot point. As did Decimus. Although, I kind of see your point-ish, but I'd have to rule that a failed Dex save has to take at least the 1 instance of damage. I'd let you staffify it after that.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

@Kamishiro_Rin Did the last draconian get secured by the dwarves? Combat over?

cheers

Combat over! And yes!

My mistake. Kapak 6’s melting splashed it, and it failed its dex save to avoid acid damage. Because it took the acid damage, it got another save against Tasha’s hideous laughter, which it passed. It’s prone, but combat’s not over.

I apologize for being an idiot.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Technically it only takes that acid damage at the start of its turn right?

A creature covered in the acid takes 7 (2d6) acid damage at the start of each of its turns. A creature can use its action to scrape or wash the acid off itself or another creature.

So the dwarves can still tie it up whilst it's incapacitated with laughter, and before it starts burning?

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, PureChance said:

Technically it only takes that acid damage at the start of its turn right?

So the dwarves can still tie it up whilst it's incapacitated with laughter, and before it starts burning?

GORRAMNIT

Yes.

See, I'm an idiot.

• 2 weeks later...