Sheet Folders in Testing ×

The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

How does the new house rule apply to, say, a small warlock who uses Charisma instead of Strength creating a great sword as a pact weapon?

Or even a human one doing the same, really, since pact of the blade hexlocks usually dump strength.

28 minutes ago, KingGoblin said:

How does the new house rule apply to, say, a small warlock who uses Charisma instead of Strength creating a great sword as a pact weapon?

Or even a human one doing the same, really, since pact of the blade hexlocks usually dump strength.

In that case, the stat that replaces strength is the one that will need to be 15 or higher.

Great, now I have to have her decide if she wants to keep using her whip and shield, or drop the shield for a halberd or pike or something to keep reach. Or use a two handed sword for the coolness. Or a greataxe or a maul, for even more coolness. Or... Hm. Coolness.

I am tempted by the idea of a tiny little gully dwarf with a big scary weapon. Should probably stick with something with reach, though, when we fight people who can explode or shoot out petrification gas or whatever.

32 minutes ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Sorry away from Discord.

can the River Gate be closed and secured and defended by a few people against an army?

thanks

It could be closed, and would buy you some time, but defended? Not really. That many coming will tear down that gate in a few rounds.

37 minutes ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Sorry away from Discord.

can the River Gate be closed and secured and defended by a few people against an army?

thanks

Basically, I gave you 10 rounds to flee from that spot, get to the castle, meet up with Artanis & Modri, get that box, Ser Michelle, and high-tail it down to the Wharf. The next three rounds will be "Invasion Encounters" as you head down to the wharf, whilst the three down at the wharf have skill challenges. Then the final battle will occur on the wharf and end chapter.

Fun!

So, giant constrictor snakes have no skills, and a hugely negative cha mod. If she wanted the snake to use diplomacy, I would understand, but for intimidation, at least here, could it use strength instead? I don't think there are a any modifiers for size in intimidation like there were in 3.5, either.

Otherwise, for the skill challenges, do we have to use different skills each time, or can we use the same ones multiple tries?

16 minutes ago, KingGoblin said:

Fun!

So, giant constrictor snakes have no skills, and a hugely negative cha mod. If she wanted the snake to use diplomacy, I would understand, but for intimidation, at least here, could it use strength instead? I don't think there are a any modifiers for size in intimidation like there were in 3.5, either.

Otherwise, for the skill challenges, do we have to use different skills each time, or can we use the same ones multiple tries?

Yes, you may use the GCS's Strength modifier in lieu of its Charisma modifier for the purposes of intimidation. As you can see, it has no proficiencies, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any skills. It's skill checks are just made without proficiency.

28 minutes ago, KingGoblin said:

Fun!

Addendum: it does have a skill with a proficiency! Perception!

Also, to answer your second question, you can use whatever skills you'd like. Perhaps my next post will include new information or situations that inspire the use of a different skill. Be creative! For example, if you choose perception, you (or the snake, whoever) can be a lookout and perhaps find an opening for some more people to move a little more freely. I'm giving you guys a lot of leeway here, so feel free to move people about, have them react to your skill uses, etc.

When it comes to my post, it'll mostly be wrapup and explaining the next stage.

Merituuli's hawk can provide the help action on one of his skill checks (or one of yours, to whomever he chooses to give it to).

Edit: Within one round, you must use 3 different skills, not 3 posts of the same skill. If you choose Athletics, Slight of Hand, and Insight, that's fine, but Athletics, Athletics, and Slight of hand, is not allowed.

In the next round, you can use Athletics again, and of course, within the same round, if you and Merituuli both use Athletics, that's fine, too.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

You’re now Level 4! Congratulations!

Please clone the following, post it in your character thread as a new post (not a modification of previous posts, please!), and fill in the blanks (delete examples and notes of what to put—Anything in Red):

HP

New, Level 4 Max HP: Roll your Hit Die. If you roll below half+1, then take half+1.

New Class Features

The actual wording of each of your new class features. Feel free to copy and paste from the site that shall not be named on MW.

ASI

Example 1: “+2 to Strength”

Example 2: “+1 to Dexterity and +1 to Wisdom”

Exmaple 3: “Taking the Warcaster Feat”

If taking a feat, write out (or copy the wording of the feat from the site that shall not be named on MW), but don’t just put the gist, I want the actual wording—all of it.

Dragonlance Campaign Level 4 Bonus Feat

Regardless of what you do for your ASI, you get a bonus feat at Level 4! Please see the 4th-Level Bonus Feat section for more information.

Spell Slots

Example (actually, just modify the below to suit your situation—otherwise, delete this section if it doesn’t apply to you):

Cantrips Known: 3 ▶ 4

Level 1: 3 ▶ 4

Level 2: 2 ▶ 3

Any Other Features You’ve Gained

See you near Kalaman!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

If we short rest before going to the burned farm house, we can bury/cremate the body. Coltan could remove the family crest. And, Artanis could start wearing the plate armor. And, people could reset Short Rest resources.

Just a suggestion

We're short resting. No reason not to. Smoke 'em if you got 'em