Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Welcome to Morgansfort

GaryD20

Mitzelflick joins the procession of newly arrived passengers as they begin to make their way toward Morgansfort proper. Leaving the docks behind, you follow a narrow and winding road that eventually gives way to a wider and more maintained one. Soon, three large towers come into view, rising high into the early morning sunlight. As you get closer the outer wall comes into view, and there in the center of the wall, the Gatehouse.

As you approach the Gatehouse, you see several soldiers standing about. Two are flanking either side of the entrance. Two more are flanking a long wooden table set up outside the entrance. Sitting at the table is another soldier (this one obviously in charge, judging by his dress) and a scribe of some sort. He is bent over a ledger book scribbling away. Various bottles of ink and quills litter the table before him.

Screenshot_20230721-123936.png.208f3792d82fcf67525332f44c40f887.png

"Name, nationality, occupation?" He asks. He does so without looking up from his book.

Screenshot_20230721-124259.png.6f615a3e1aa7e77e6aa5664318e9ba23.png

The other man sitting at the table, the soldier, watches you with interest, but says nothing.

happy_little_halfling_by_tylerhinton_df6tp6a-414w-2x.png.168ca48e8acae733c39edca26843d423.png

"Name, nationality, occupation?" He asks. He does so without looking up from his book.

“Mitzelflick Trapspringer from Brigtenburrow, I am a warrior by trade.” The little halfling looks a little annoyed when the scribe does not even look up from his books.  “ I am not currently seeking fame and fortune as an adventurer” He nods his head at the fellow standing next to the scribe. “Good day sir, could you tell me where one might track down rumors or find information concerning places one might find treasure?”

The man sitting next to the scribe looks the halfling up and down, his interest turning to amusement. "Ah, another treasure seeker, is it?" He nods his head as if confirming his suspicions. "Well, we've no shortage of treasure seekers here in Morgansfort. You'll fit right in. You might try the Bulletin Board in the Town Square. Or the Toothless Dragon Tavern."

As the man talks he begins to scrutinize Mitzelflick with a critical eye. "You any good with those?" He asks, nodding at the halflings sword and bow. "The King's Command is always on the lookout for skilled fighters."

happy_little_halfling_by_tylerhinton_df6tp6a-414w-2x.png.168ca48e8acae733c39edca26843d423.pngThe little Hobbit smiles as the man sitting next to the scribe addressed him. "Thank you good sir, I will check out those locations for leads. and yes I can hold my own when it comes to combat." Mitzelflick puts his hands on his hips. "My stature also allows me to gain access to areas you long shanks might not be able to get to."

OOC: Can somebody please tell me why the font color will not change from black on the 2nd part of his speaking text

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

"Well, my name is Domago. Sergeant of the Guard for the King's Command. If you fancy honor and fulfillment let me know. The King's Command promises both."

With that Domago dismisses the halfling as he takes interest in the other new arrivals.

Screenshot_20230721-123936.png.208f3792d82fcf67525332f44c40f887.png

As Mitzelflick turns to enter through the gate of Morgansfort, the scribe calls out. "That will be one silver piece, little one. Entrance tax." he opens a wooden box sitting on the table and pulls out a small slip of paper. "Keep this chit with you at all times. It verifies that you've paid. It's good for 30 days." He extends both hands toward the halfling, one offering the chit, the other awaiting the silver.

happy_little_halfling_by_tylerhinton_df6tp6a-414w-2x.png.168ca48e8acae733c39edca26843d423.png

~"That will be one silver piece, little one. Entrance tax." he opens a wooden box sitting on the table and pulls out a small slip of paper. "Keep this chit with you at all times. It verifies that you've paid. It's good for 30 days." He extends both hands toward the halfling, one offering the chit, the other awaiting the silver.~

“Umm, I am kinda strapped for cash at the moment, can ya help a fellow out?” Mitzelflick gives the scribe a half-hearted smile. “I spent my list bit of coin booking passing to Morgans Fort, I am looking for work.”

Edited by Excior (see edit history)