Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Welcome to Morgansfort

GaryD20

In search of wealth, adventure and fame you each have traveled to Morgansfort, a lonely stronghold on the fringe of civilization. After days of travel on the high seas, just as the sun is starting to rise in the sky, you arrive. Weary and bleary eyed from the days of hard sailing (and hard work, as a way of paying for your passage), you follow the procession of passengers off the ship. Looking around you notice several other travelers, obviously adventures such as yourself. Although you recognize some of the faces from your days upon the sea, you were kept far to busy for anything other than a few nods and grunts. You begin noticing the others, just as they are beginning to notice you. It is hard to mistake the look in the eyes of a fellow adventurer. If the rumors of Morgansfort are to be believed, and you have no reason to believe they should not be, you could very likely be dead by this time next week. Ah, the life of an adventurer seeking fortune and fame! It might not be a bad idea to make some acquaintances. Maybe even team up and join alliances...

(Ooc: Introduce yourselves!)

Edited by GaryD20 (see edit history)

https://i.imgur.com/AoyctJI.jpg   

Gray steps off the ship and makes his noble way to the fort. His trusty sword dangles at his side, his shield is strapped to his left arm, and he exudes a look of pompous pride.

One could almost sense he’s happy to be here, and the thought of certain death seems to elude him. Could be all kinds of reasons for that.

“Please allow myself to introduce…my…self,” he says boldly to a nearby adventuresome fellow. Once awkwardness has been duly breached! “My name is Grayden. Grayden Greencastle!” He enunciates his surname, as though it should MEAN something! Well met to you, I am sure!

“You know, I hear rumor there are lizard men residing in marshes near here. Do you think we’ll encounter any? I presume they are…not nice.”

Edited by guitarist (see edit history)

Mortimer Davorus

MortimerDavorus.png.f8f7cc5349a52ebd5bea181cb75795fe.pngMort suddenly clutched Grayden's arm with both hands to steady himself. His feet now on the motionless ground caused his knees to tremble and his legs to feel like celery that had been boiled too long. The voyage had not been kind to the already sensitive body of the young mage.

"My pleasure to meet you," he sputtered, trying to turn his near fall into something of a handshake. "Mortimer Davorus."

"Lizard men, you say?" he blinked, feeling about as green as one. "I certainly hope not. I can't say I have any plans to trudge through the marshes." Stumbling less now, he did his best to keep the pace of his new found friend.

"If you feel a hostile encounter with lizard men is in your future it may do you well to encase yourself in a protective layer of magical metal. I hear there is much to be found in the dungeons of an ancient fortress near here."

Edited by jokomaisu (see edit history)

Kharn, a red-bearded dwarf with a battleaxe hanging on his belt, grumbles as he disembarks. Sea travel didn't agree with him.

He pushes past the two men talking on the docs. "Leave it to humans," he growls, "to start scheming before they've found some food and a good mug of ale. Bah!"

Kharn goes looking for that ale.

Mordel

A young man walks up to the others with a stern look on his face, leaning on a stick travelers frequently use. It's not that he visibly needs said stick to walk, per se, but it's steadiness comforts him after a long voyage on the sea.spacer.png

"It's  good to feel the earth below my feet again..", he thinks to himself, "..though the hard part is surely 
just coming right up."
, as he takes notice of the travelers with the same thoughts in their eyes, stops in front of them. "Greetings, the name's Mordel. Back home I was called The Wanderer, you may just call me that, whatever rolls off your more tongue easily."

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

Oh, how our valiant fellow is so overcome with valiant joy! New and fellow adventurers, for Grayden’s amusement. Or, not amusement, comeradrie. Blessed union among fellows of like-mindedness.

Okay, so he finds it all rather amusing.

”Very nice to make your acquaintances, gents!  Oh, magical metal you say, Mortimer?  Ok I call you Mortimer?

”The Wanderer eh?  That’s an intteresting title to be called, dear man!  Tell me por favor, what exactly is it you do?”  He asks Mordel the question like he’s totally being serious!

”I look forward to our adventures together, friends, if and as I’m not being too presumptive of course.  Oh, and…friends call my Gray.

You good people can call me Gray.”

Mordel

Mordel turns to Grayden, or, from this moment on, rather, Gray.

spacer.png"I usually don't think about it anyomore, but now that you ask me, friedn..this is a name that stuck on me as I never seem to stay too long at one place. Something almost compels me to go on, see the world, find what it hold for me..when I walked back to some village again, the good innkeeper started to address me as The Wanderer. I liked the sound of it, and one never chooses his nickname, after all, so I went along with it. Now here I am."

Having caught the last pieces of the conversation, his interest got piqued.

"Forgive me for being so direct, but did I hear correctly that you mentioned magical metal to be found in the depths of dungeons? Please be cautious, I heard some unsettling rumors during our travel, saying that an adventurer wearing magical armor of any kind never returned from the nearby Old Island Fortress. It may be just a local superstition but I would not risk our lives over something so easily avoidable."

It is at this point that a slender elf in dark clothing trots down the gangplank to the dock and joins the apparently adventuresome humans. Considering his own lack of coin and low prospects, he walks up and addresses them openly, knowing he needs some friends to ease his way in this new land once again.

"Hello there, fellow seasick travelers. What's this I hear about magic treasure, danger, and lizards? Sounds exciting!" He extends a hand to the shield bearing youth, looking up at him with a grin, "I'm Cal, mystical savant, as it were, well met, indeed. It would seem you have some metal already."

Cal stands just a hair over five feet tall, and is dressed in dark clothing covered with a black cloak. Over one shoulder is a worn pack, and a shortsword hangs at his side. The observant observer would also notice the hilts of daggers sticking out of the tops of his boots, and might wonder at his claim of a mystical bent. Or they might not. His hair is jet black, and with his hood thrown back can be seen to be below his shoulders and tied into a simple tail with a bit of leather cord. His eyes, mischievous-looking with a sparkle of humor, are a deep green.

Gray shakes hands kindly and replies,.

”Yes, well met, Cal.  Is that an Elvish name?  Sorry, my grasp of the fair-folk tongue is rather green.  Green not unlike your eyes, in fact!

“Yes, I pride myself on my shield, and I only hope to have metal armor for to match it.  You know, leather and all.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that.  Just…well, not the ensemble I’m going for.”

Mordel

"Greetings, fellow traveler. You have keen eyes, already upholding the good reputation of your people.spacer.png

In these parts we may all need some sort of protection, be it metal or else but as I see, you're not shy of it yourself.", says Mordel, showing a slight smile towards Cal.

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

spacer.png
spacer.png

"FORGE PRESERVE ME!!!" came a cry from the deck. A Dwarf woman with fiery orange hair was bent over the ship's gunnels, not far from the gangplank. She retched and spit bile into the water with an awful sound. "Please... please.... no more... motion... just..."

The woman had struggled to get her bearings whilst everyone else made themselves known. Eventually she found herself again, stumbling off the ship. Gemlia took a swig of water from her goatskin, then spat it on the ground. 

Wiping the tears from her bleary, red eyes, the woman stared up at the gathering crowd. She had to, as she wasn't even four and a half feet tall. "I didn't catch yer names, and right now I don't care. But if yer goin' to the fort, then I'm comin' with!She jutted a thumb at herself.

The chainmail-clad woman paused, held a fist up to her mouth, and burped. "Jus' don't make me get on any unholy water vessels an' we'll be five by five."

Gemlia started to trudge off, making sure her shield was securely on her shoulder. A mace hung off her right hip. She paused several steps away. "I need a damn drink after all that! C'mon, c'mon, this way...." She turned and stomped after Kharn.

"...daft species, all of 'em. Shame," she said to herself.

Gray watches the dwarven woman with noble-minded curiosity.  

He turns to a companion and repeats the phrase incredulously, Five by five?” By his tonetone asking if anyone knows what that means.

”Okay then.  Well, I guess I could use a drink too.  Anybody else?

Gray starts after the two dwarves, heading for hopefully a tavern, with hopefully something good in store.

Mordel

"Well met", says Mordel to the new arrival, the turning to Gray:

"I am not a big drinker myself, especially after a long voyage on the sea such as we all participated in, but I would gladly accompany you if you accept me."

spacer.png