Welcome to Morgansfort

GaryD20

spacer.png
spacer.png

Like the embers of a fire waning, Gemlia too lost herself in her drink. She became less boisterous and stared ahead into space as she listened. Was this really the group for her? She wondered, thinking perhaps it wasn't.

Eventually with her stomach settling from the honey mead, the woman would order some shepherd's pie and quietly enjoy the meal while she waited to her more from the surely-drunk man.

688911746_dwarffighter.png.d3db669df9d597a6fc52602ce3d257eb.png"I heard something about a lake to the south," Kharn says, "I heard no one has ever returned from it. Dangerous country."

The dwarven warrior turns back to his stew, but before he takes his first bite, he says, "Name's Kharn. If your friends decide to go check out that Fortress and they want another axe with 'em, maybe I'm interested."

When the red-haired dwarf woman sits nearby, Kharn raises his mug of ale to her, then attends to his meal.

You turn your attentions back to your meals and small talk. After awhile, Bart stops calling out for ales. He is slumped down in his chair, chin resting on his chest. He doesn't appear to be sleeping, but from the looks of him, it probably isn't to far in coming.

Irene heads to his table and clears up his empties. She inquires to his condition, to which she gets a gruff, incoherent reply. Bart rises unsteadily to his feet, knocking his chair over, and shambles toward the exit.

As he reaches the door, three members of the King's Guard make there way inside. They hardly give the one-eyed drunk a glance as Bart wobbles outside. The door closes shut behind him. 

The guards make their way to a nearby table and take seats. Irene is quick to make her way to their table and take their orders.

A few minutes later, the guards are eating and drinking. Snippets of their talk can be heard by the party:

Talk of Orcs stealing livestock and waylaying travelers to the North.

Talk of the growing hostilities between the Goblins and Kobolds.

Talk of Goblin war parties spotted in the area.

With everything you have seen and heard so far since arriving, it seems that Morgansfort is indeed a place of death and danger.

Edited by GaryD20 (see edit history)

Mortimer Davorus

"I tMortimerDavorus.png.f8f7cc5349a52ebd5bea181cb75795fe.pnghink we may have waited too long," Mort remarks when Bart exits the tavern. He excuses himself, grabs his pack and walking stick, and rushes past the three members of the King's Guard to go out after him.

Once outside, he looks to see where the inebriated fellow has stumbled.

If/ThenIf he spots Bart, then Mort will follow at a safe distance until he reaches a destination or falls over drunk.

If Bart falls, then Mort will approach and help him up.

If Bart reaches a destination, then Mort will note it and return back to the tavern.

If he does not spot Bart, then Mort will just return to the tavern.

Edited by jokomaisu (see edit history)

Mordel

Mordel thinks for half a minute after Mort stood up.."Wait up, I'll go with you!"spacer.png

To the others he said: "I don't want him to get into any trouble, I'll be right back." Then leaves the rest of his food on the table, in the hope that hel'll be able to finish later. It was rather delicious.

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

Gray Greencastle
https://i.imgur.com/AoyctJI.jpg  
Gray watches One-Eyed Bart stagger out of the tavern. Rather than joining his friends in chasing him down, our noble fellow turns his attention to the guards instead.

“What news is there around the fort, gentlemen?  Anything you good people could use a good sword for?  Any missions needing done that I could help with?”

Character Sheet Gray Greencastle, Human Fighter!

Outside the Toothless Dragon...

Mort rushes outside, giving chase to One-eyed Bart. Once outside, Mort has little trouble spotting the man. He hasn't progressed much further from the door of the tavern he exited from. Although he is managing to shamble along. He seems to be heading for the building next door. The Iron Helm Inn...

Several seconds later, Mordel charges out of the tavern. He joins Mort and the two exchange inquisitive glances...

Inside the Toothless Dragon...

Stanick2.jpg.279901ad089f8ff6e5ceb1bb65da45cb.jpg

"The King always has use of a capable swordhand," One of the soldiers says to Gray. He nods at the blade hanging at the young warriors side, "You any good with that thing?"

Edited by GaryD20 (see edit history)

Mortimer Davorus

"IfMortimerDavorus.png.f8f7cc5349a52ebd5bea181cb75795fe.png he goes in there," Mort says to Mordel, motioning at the inn next-door, "then let's try to see if we can observe him from a window. Otherwise, I say we give it a moment and then follow him inside."

Suddenly realizing that his behavior may strike his new companion as odd, Mort clears his throat.

"That old fortress where our cyclopean quarry recently returned as the sole survivor, all I've heard is rumors about the place. Same as you. Rumors about magical armor... and danger.

"As a practitioner of the mystic arts, I must seek out places with magic. They may hold secrets waiting to be discovered by someone like myself. Secrets that you can't learn in a college."

Mort points his walking stick at Bart.

"If what that wench said about him is true, then I need to know everything he knows about that place.

"But first, I need to know that I can trust him."

Edited by jokomaisu (see edit history)

688911746_dwarffighter.png.d3db669df9d597a6fc52602ce3d257eb.pngBack at the Toothless Dragon, Kharn enjoys his food and ale. He's content to let the eager humans find some work to do as it seems like Morgansfort has plenty of it available.

Once they have a destination in mind, he figures they'll come to gather him for extra muscle. If not, well, he's a young dwarf of forty. He's still got two hundred years ahead of him, assuming he doesn't end up impaled on the business end of a goblin's spear.

No reason to be impatient.

Gray Greencastle
Gray smiles kindly to the guardsman.  He exudes massive confidence!

“Yes!  I mean, I can hold my own.  I’d relish a chance to prove my mettle sometime.  The sergeant told me, they’d be in touch.  The king’s command, I mean.  Oh, I do hope I can help sometime.  

“Might you have any work needing my services, good sir?  Anything on patrol this evening I can help you with?  

Edited by guitarist (see edit history)

spacer.png
spacer.png

Gemlia shrugged off her bad mood, contributing it to hours of puking on that horrid ship. She slowly picked at her food and listened. Gray's loud demeanor was enough to draw her attention.

"I like yer fire, but d'ya really got nothin' better to do than patrol?" she asked, giving the noble a sideways glance over her shoulder. "I get yer eager to get out in there in th' thick of it, but we just got 'ere. And nothin' to go on."

She stopped to drain the rest of her mead, clinking the empty tankard down. "Sometimes th' iron's too hot to strike yet. Get the tongs and inspect the work." She motioned for another drink.

cal.jpg.f062301ccd14e9c125757a846a0082d3.jpg

Cal speaks up, nodding to the fiery haired dwarf, "Heed our shipmate, Gray. No doubt she speaks wise. We are only an hour off the rough sea. Don't be quite so eager to have your pretty shield dinged up just yet."

Gray Greencastle
Gray smiles kindly to his companions.

“Oh, I aspire for much more, for certain. But, we must start somewhere. If the guardsmen will have me, of course.”

Gray turns back to the guards and adds,

“Ultimately, my associates and I see, entry to the Old Fortress. Some of us have started after Bart, hoping he’ll be able to map us a way there. You good men wouldn’t know anything about getting to the Fortress, would you? 

Edited by guitarist (see edit history)

Mordel

To Mort, he says: "I agree, let's hang back a little. I don't want to scare him but I do believe he could provide us withvaluable information. The rumours we have all heard are proving to be unsettling but whatever me may decide to do, we also need to gather as much insight as we can."

spacer.pngMordel takes a look around.

"Trust him..yes, he doesn't seem the most trusting or trustworthy type, either. Let's find out, we'll head in on your mark."

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)